Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Me
  • Options
    Me and my mate Huffers but not sure why really, stopping over for the night heading back Weds,
  • Options
    would of liked to of ticked this one off bu cant do the midweeks.
  • Options
    Yes new pin for me. Missed yesterday's game with a migraine (never had one before, didn't realise how bad they are).

@j_lo and @The31YearMan and Cabbles Snr (no he doesn't have username on here and if I did set him up with one he'd likely want some old player name) are all in. I look forward to the away games simply for the banter now, rather than the football
  • Options
    I'm going.
  • Options

I'm going.

See you there for more of my recovery from my broken marriage :wink:
  • Options
    I reckon we'll have about 350 there, including my mate on a Wednesday.
  • Options
    Last time I went to Shrewsbury we quickly stormed into a 0-3 lead :wink:

We lost 4-3
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Chance for you and Cyril to get acquainted Elfs and maybe get another beer :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Chance for you and Cyril to get acquainted Elfs and maybe get another beewould ha e r :wink:
    I can safely say that I would have had enough by then. So much so that being offered a beer will be turned down.

You can have mine amigo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Chance for you and Cyril to get acquainted Elfs and maybe get another beer :wink:
    And maybe not....
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Chance for you and Cyril to get acquainted Elfs and maybe get another beewould ha e r :wink:
    I can safely say that I would have had enough by then. So much so that being offered a beer will be turned down.

You can have mine amigo.
    Cheers but it looks like my attempt at entente cordiale has failed.
  • Options
    Official Newspaper/Programme from 1980, Charlton lost 3-1.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Backnin the day the shrews player manager used to shit out stars.
  • Options
    Going. But only because I happen to be an hour away on Tuesday and it's on my 92 to do list.
  • Options
    Going as well, wish I'd got a refund now but another of the 92 to tick off at least
  • Options
    Going but only because staying with friends in Shrewsbury.
    Cannot be worse team display than the last two home games.
  • Options
    Glen, the retired signalman I met up at Rochdale. He gets free (limited) rail travel you know. Lives on the south coast.
    If you see him, look after him please!
  • Options
    I'll be there.
  • Options
    Can't make this. Looking at the fixture list, I think the only game I'm going to be able to make is Coventry on Goof Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Robinson (Crusoe) is bringing his Man Friday, Congo Chris
  • Options
    Will be interesting if we can put out a squad of 18 for Shrewsbury as I think Solly is still suspended,
    Bauer, Stephy, & Jake FC all went off for injuries, plus the long term injuries Lennon, Ulvestad, Pearce, Johnson, and Kashi. All our good 20 year olds are all out on loan, maybe will have to call some back.
  • Options

Will be interesting if we can put out a squad of 18 for Shrewsbury as I think Solly is still suspended,
    Bauer, Stephy, & Jake FC all went off for injuries, plus the long term injuries Lennon, Ulvestad, Pearce, Johnson, and Kashi. All our good 20 year olds are all out on loan, maybe will have to call some back.

mmmm .. any decent 'talent' in CAFC Ladies squad ?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Careful Lincs, you'll upset the pc brigade referring to ladies as 'talent' :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Careful Lincs, you'll upset the pc brigade referring to ladies as 'talent' :wink: .
    notice the careful use of inverted commas .. though I confess it was a deliberate mini double entendre intended to raise a titter .. ooh matron, I mean a grin
  • Options
    Last went to Shrewsbury in 1986.....lost 2-1 (George Shipley)....during our promotion run-in.

We had about 500 there which was a big away following for us back then.

The late Alan Davies played 45 mins and it was his only Charlton appearance.

My mate Martin Bailey cut his knuckles on the low rusty roof beam, when he punched the air in celebration of our our goal.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Last went to Shrewsbury in 1986.....lost 2-1 (George Shipley)....during our promotion run-in.

We had about 500 there which was a big away following for us back then.

The late Alan Davies played 45 mins and it was his only Charlton appearance.

My mate Martin Bailey cut his knuckles on the low rusty roof beam, when he punched the air in celebration of our our goal.

Was at that too (Grand National day I seem to remember)

One of my mates was so pissed, he thought we'd drawn 1-1 and only realised we'd lost when he got home.

Also went there when we drew 1 1 with Darren Anderson equalising.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Badger said:

Official Newspaper/Programme from 1980, Charlton lost 3-1.

@Badger

Can you show the team sheet in the programme for that game.

I'm fairly sure there is a couple of amusing spelling mistakes of the Charlton team in it.

• Options
    Six of us attending. Think snow is predicted over night.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

And we don't want Lincs to get in ANOTHER spat on here!