Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Heard a rumour that the club can't find him. Apparently they sent a representative to France to check up on his progress and they couldn't locate him.

This is second hand info but from a reliable source.

Would just about sum the club up to be honest.

Stop his money. He'll soon get in touch then.

Dazzler21 said:

One of the few decent signings...

so that's Holmes, Kashi, Tex, Ajderavic, Bauer and JBG

Gudmundsson

Diarra, Fanni, Vetokele, Bulot, Buyens, Ben Haim.....all very good players too.
    How the hell are we so fucked?

Think we need a best regime 11 thread.
    We've always had good signings, but not enough. The summer of 2015/16 transfer window though was a disaster, both in terms of the signings and also the contracts we are lumbered with

Summer 2014, Igor, JBG, TBH, Henderson, plus Buyens and Bulot on loan, that's the basis of a good team.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Heard a rumour that the club can't find him. Apparently they sent a representative to France to check up on his progress and they couldn't locate him.

This is second hand info but from a reliable source.

Would just about sum the club up to be honest.

Stop his money. He'll soon get in touch then.

Dazzler21 said:

One of the few decent signings...

so that's Holmes, Kashi, Tex, Ajderavic, Bauer and JBG

Gudmundsson

Diarra, Fanni, Vetokele, Bulot, Buyens, Ben Haim.....all very good players too.
    How the hell are we so fucked?

Think we need a best regime 11 thread.
    We've always had good signings, but not enough. The summer of 2015/16 transfer window though was a disaster, both in terms of the signings and also the contracts we are lumbered with

Summer 2014, Igor, JBG, TBH, Henderson, plus Buyens and Bulot on loan, that's the basis of a good team.
    They've clearly learned lessons since then, killerandflash....
  • Options
    On the subject of Bulot what happened to him? Signed for Reims played 15 games and vanished.
  • Options
    Injured and far from happy with support and treatment he received from the club
  • Options

Should have stayed at Charlton. They handle these things right.... Ohh wait!
  • Options

I genuinely thought you were talking about Kashi, just realized in context I think you're talking about Bulot.

That's really sad. This is a person's livelihood we're dealing with. I know we think of injured players as "a waste of space and/or wages." But they are athletes who make money through physical exertion. And not being able to do that means they cannot make a living in what is already an incredibly short career.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I genuinely thought you were talking about Kashi, just realized in context I think you're talking about Bulot.

That's really sad. This is a person's livelihood we're dealing with. I know we think of injured players as "a waste of space and/or wages." But they are athletes who make money through physical exertion. And not being able to do that means they cannot make a living in what is already an incredibly short career.
    Throughout the years players have gone outside clubs to get proper diagnosis, Rufus and Curbs (as a player) had problems. I know Tariq Holmes_Dennis had a problem over a couple of years which the club could not work out, he then went to a sports scientist who sorted it in 6 weeks last summer, and this is not unique to our club, although probably now not the Prem.
  • Options
    Kashi was a great player and had he been fit I think we'd have made a better fist of staying up. Lots of those names are good players in the right situation, right country even, but too few gave a shit about playing for us - that key ingredient Curbs and Powell prioritised.

I blame the fans.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    You would have thought the club were regularly checking the status/progress of the injury and treatment. I find it hard to believe that isn't the case- even with this shower!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    On the subject of Bulot... sounds like Reims might be owned by the Duchatelet family as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on home Freddy

Frederic on the Left, Holmes on the Right... I'd take that!

provided that Freddie has his knee injury/problem sorted and is not looking for a sick note CAFC contract during which he gets NHS treatment on his buzzing bees ((:>)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on home Freddy

Frederic on the Left, Holmes on the Right... I'd take that!

He can keep Kashi company in Dubai!
  • Options
    It would have to be the post-ACN Bulot that we were getting back, pre-ACN Bulot was pretty terrible.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

SDAddick said:

Throughout the years players have gone outside clubs to get proper diagnosis, Rufus and Curbs (as a player) had problems. I know Tariq Holmes_Dennis had a problem over a couple of years which the club could not work out, he then went to a sports scientist who sorted it in 6 weeks last summer, and this is not unique to our club, although probably now not the Prem.
    Unless you play for Arsenal - or your name happens to be Sturridge!
  • Options

se9addick said:

It would have to be the post-ACN Bulot that we were getting back, pre-ACN Bulot was pretty terrible.

And lot is made of the poat/pre ACN thing. I think the difference is actually in where he was played and the system.

Under Peeters he was often played as a no 10 or just off the striker as Bob went more and more defensive as time went on which didn't exactly play to his strengths.

When Luzon came in, for all his faults he played players in their right positions. Freddy played on the left and we played a much more direct counter attacking style which much more suited his game and he got better the more he played. This coupled with him gaining confidence in the ACN and taking time to adjust to a new country/ league I think were the bigger factors.
    Yes, Luzon had a couple of good months at the end of that season, with Bulot and JBG adding pace and skill down the wings and Watt being good. A terrible summer transfer window and it all went wrong...
  • Options

se9addick said:

And lot is made of the poat/pre ACN thing. I think the difference is actually in where he was played and the system.

Under Peeters he was often played as a no 10 or just off the striker as Bob went more and more defensive as time went on which didn't exactly play to his strengths.

When Luzon came in, for all his faults he played players in their right positions. Freddy played on the left and we played a much more direct counter attacking style which much more suited his game and he got better the more he played. This coupled with him gaining confidence in the ACN and taking time to adjust to a new country/ league I think were the bigger factors.
    Yes, Luzon had a couple of good months at the end of that season, with Bulot and JBG adding pace and skill down the wings and Watt being good. A terrible summer transfer window and it all went wrong...
    Plus he got found out.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Plus he got found out.
    He was, in my view, a very limited manager. But he came in and did the basics well, played people on their correct positions and gave our attacking players a bit more freedom. It was never going to last though. He only had one way of playing.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Does Kashi actually exist? I think he was a hologram projected onto the pitch to save Roland some cashy. That's my Kashispiracy theory.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That goal from the halfway line was all he really did between injuries...
  • Options
    Which didn't stop me loving Kashi, obvs!
  • Options
    when he played he was different class in my opinion, however we won't ever see him again so better get over it soon chaps.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Trust me his performance at that Ipswich away game just before he went to the ACN had nothing to do with the system we were playing in and everything to do with him not being interested.

I do think he was a better player in the second half of his time with us, but we have a habit of building up players once they haven't played for a long time, Kashi is a case in point and I think Bulot is too.
  • Options
    been here nearly two years and played eleven games .. he can be written off .. no way will he be fit enough for or will he want to play in League one
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39937289

I see Danny Rose has gone to get more surgery on his knee. have we lent Spurs our medical team?
  • Options

I see Danny Rose has gone to get more surgery on his knee. have we lent Spurs our medical team?

It sounds like a similar approach to the one we took with Kashi obviously. But to be fair, most doctors would probably agree that if you can avoid surgery, it's for the best. Now the whole letting him return to training before discovering the problem hadn't been fixed/gotten worse is curious, though it could be the case that in the course of going back to training he re-aggravated the injury, or that it was only going through the intensities of training that some swelling returned.

Look, I can be very skeptical of how football clubs treat injuries. If this were my multi-million pound England international I would be doing weekly scans to see how he's healing, and maybe that's happening, maybe it's not. But from my limited experience with such injuries (also have a dodgy knee), these things are more intricate than they can seem.

Also, how is Danny Rose only 26?!?!?!?! I know he broke through at Leeds at like 17 but still. Between all his U21 caps he must be this generation's James Milner (even though James Milner is this generation's James Milner).
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

It sounds like a similar approach to the one we took with Kashi obviously. But to be fair, most doctors would probably agree that if you can avoid surgery, it's for the best. Now the whole letting him return to training before discovering the problem hadn't been fixed/gotten worse is curious, though it could be the case that in the course of going back to training he re-aggravated the injury, or that it was only going through the intensities of training that some swelling returned.

Look, I can be very skeptical of how football clubs treat injuries. If this were my multi-million pound England international I would be doing weekly scans to see how he's healing, and maybe that's happening, maybe it's not. But from my limited experience with such injuries (also have a dodgy knee), these things are more intricate than they can seem.

Also, how is Danny Rose only 26?!?!?!?! I know he broke through at Leeds at like 17 but still. Between all his U21 caps he must be this generation's James Milner (even though James Milner is this generation's James Milner).
    It just sounds worryingly familiar. It's interesting how medical science has made breakages painful but in nearly all cases fully recoverable, but struggles more with muscles and ligaments
  • Options

SDAddick said:

It just sounds worryingly familiar. It's interesting how medical science has made breakages painful but in nearly all cases fully recoverable, but struggles more with muscles and ligaments
    It's almost as if the human body is an extremely complicated thing and therefore difficult to fix when it goes wrong.