Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    But it isn't really the same is it, should have a different model number.

Bit of a gimmick but I hope it does well.
  • Options

This is just the start, other manufacturers joining the party. The retro phone is about to kick-off.

• Options
    Good if it means that you can phone or text people again whenever you like without having to wait for those few hours a day when their super expensive device is charged!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Unless it can survive going through the wash 3 times, and still last a whole week of heavy use on site, without the need to be recharged, then it ain't fit to lace the 3310's boots.
  • Options
    £42
  • Options
    2g technology. Could've done a bit better there.
  • Options
    Has it got snake? If yes I may trade the iPhone 7 in.
  • Options
    Has AFKA still got the original
  • Options
    It's a gimmick to get the Nokia name back on the market. They won't survive on 2g devices alone, the amount of people who will buy this kind of phone is increasingly small.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Has it got snake? If yes I may trade the iPhone 7 in.

Yes, yes it does.
  • Options
    At the risk of a whoosh :(
  • Options

It's a gimmick to get the Nokia name back on the market. They won't survive on 2g devices alone, the amount of people who will buy this kind of phone is increasingly small.

I'd beg to differ slightly. I think the 3310 will prove to be pretty successful.

You are right that the Nokia brand needs more than this device to survive. However, if their new Android phones are as good as their spec and the early reviews suggest, they're going to be back in the game big time - just as Samsung's reputation is taking a hit.
  • Options
    Good for festivals and drug dealers, but it's not a 3310
  • Options
    How about a new version of the 6310i. Fantastic phone in its day. Battery would last a week.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I can see this being very successful.

Cheap, very cheap comparative to smart phones.

Great for holidays/festivals/taking on a night out and not worrying about losing your £700 phone.

It has a camera, haven't researched how good this but it ticks that box.

It comes in a range of colours so people will recognise it, probably making it the latest fashion-must-have.

It lasts forever comparatively to new technologies.

It's cheap.

I don't know about you but having a phone where you can constantly check the internet, emails, play on an endless amount of apps makes you a right unsociable basterd and the seeming need a lot of people to check social media is draining - this'll probably come as a breath of fresh air to many.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Does your touch screen work in the rain? Mine doesn't - actual buttons = dream

You can show off your crazy texting speed skillz

Oh, i'm fairly sure it is cheap.
  • Options
    It would have been cool if it actually had the exact same design as the 3310 with powerful innards
  • Options
    Still got my 3310. My favourite though was the great 8310.
  • Options
    Finally I am back in fashion. My phone is a Nokia 3310. Trouble is the battery died about 5 years ago so have not managed to switch it on since, think of all the messages I could be missing! People find it odd I am not on what's app whatever that is!
  • Options

Finally I am back in fashion. My phone is a Nokia 3310. Trouble is the battery died about 5 years ago so have not managed to switch it on since, think of all the messages I could be missing! People find it odd I am not on what's app whatever that is!

Whatsapp is just a gay tinder. You're better off it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's impressive because it's 42 quid when most decent smart phones are in the hundreds
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Those were the days:

- When people spoke to each other.
    - When people could walk down the street without staring at a phone.
    - When youngsters had enough confidence to not have a phone in their hand.
    - When youngsters weren't put under pressure through Facebook Instagram and other forms of social media. The worst it got was MSN messenger.

Take me back to those times please!

2 sides to that story.

If a youngster these days is unhappy or in a bad way for whatever reason.

They can seek instant comfort that there is probably easily accessible information to help them via the Internet on their phone.

It's a digital age now.

Some parts are good, some parts are bad.

Would I rather be a 27 year old male in the time when social media was non existent?

Maybe.

Just is what it is.

If it got taken away from us we would miss it dearly.
  • Options
    I find that the people who whinge most about people being on their smartphone the whole time are the worst offenders for being anti-social.

Either have better self-control and stop pushing your hang-ups about the digital age on everyone else who can manage the immense responsibility of owning a smartphone, or otherwise be interesting enough so that your friends and family will look at you and not at a screen.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Either have better self-control and stop pushing your hang-ups about the digital age on everyone else who can manage the immense responsibility of owning a smartphone, or otherwise be interesting enough so that your friends and family will look at you and not at a screen.

Or people taking "the immense responsibility" of actually looking where they are going when walking along the street, instead of staring at their phone while walking into me.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Oggy Red said:

Fiiish said:

Or people taking "the immense responsibility" of actually looking where they are going when walking along the street, instead of staring at their phone while walking into me.

People often walk into others without even having a phone in their hand. Happens all the time in London.

Just before the iPhone was first released there was a trend for people to try to walk around whilst reading a book, so this problem has existed well before the advent of the smartphone. Think people are latching onto the wrong problem here - some people have always been ignorant and antisocial.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Oggy Red said:

Fiiish said:

People often walk into others without even having a phone in their hand. Happens all the time in London.

Just before the iPhone was first released there was a trend for people to try to walk around whilst reading a book, so this problem has existed well before the advent of the smartphone.
    People walking along the street reading a book?

Maybe one person occasionally, but compared to the numbers of people staring downwards into their phone while walking along the street not looking where they're going ....... perhaps you're one of them?

;o)
  • Options
    Funnily enough I someone walking down my road reading a big hardback book the other day.

I did think it was particularly odd.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Fiiish said:

Oggy Red said:

Fiiish said:

Just before the iPhone was first released there was a trend for people to try to walk around whilst reading a book, so this problem has existed well before the advent of the smartphone.
    People walking along the street reading a book?

Maybe one person occasionally, but compared to the numbers of people staring downwards into their phone while walking along the street not looking where they're going ....... perhaps you're one of them?

;o)
    Admittedly it's one of my pet peeves (people not looking where they are going) but I'm just saying if people weren't holding a phone they'd be holding something else and still not looking where they are going. I was at the dump the other day and some codger kept walking backwards after chucking something into the tip without checking if anything was behind him. Never learnt once after nearly bumping into everyone else behind him.
  • Options
    What alarms me are those tossers who cross the road whilst wearing headphones and looking at their phone. Saw a guy cycling the other day wearing headphones and texting on his phone - the guy was all over the place.
    I think smartphones have made people far ruder.