Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man "knocked out [...] for putting his feet on the seats" on a train

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    There's a double-implication there. Well proud of that one
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Woolwich line. Never known anything like it. Even the people who you think wouldn't possibly do it, soon enough feet up and sod everyone else. Even on a wet day, as if their footwear isn't wet, but these people are different..

I observe the same thing everyday. Just wrong.
  • Options

Feet on train/bus seats is unacceptable selfishness.
    Twatting people is probably criminal.
    Picking a fight with the wrong guy is a lesson many people receive in life. I'll admit to a frisson of "serves the selfish chippy prick right" but violent assaults can almost never be condoned.
    Was on a late train out of London years back, which was as expected full to capacity, many of the passengers were highly refreshed to tired and emotional. A lone boozed up traveller nearby turned suddenly green but couldn't make it through the throng to the door in time at the next station. Perplexed by his need to throw up and determined not to puke in the carriage with the rest of us, he took himself into the concertina between carriages to blow his chunks. He was quite unwell. Southeastern's networker trains automatic doors between carriages get confused by a body lingering in the concertina and opened and closed repeatedly while the puker was collecting his thoughts. A lary prick in the next carriage took exception to the door behind him repeatedly wheezing open and shut, and presumably to the attendant whiffs of vomit. The prick took noisy exception to the wobbly puker's presence in the gap between carriages. The puker wasn't able to placate the lary prick who, cheered on by his coterie of scum mates, set about the puker with fists and feet, dealing him quite a battering. Another loud voice from the prick's carriage called out "Enough, leave him alone" The lary prick turned, enraged, to dispute the matter with the owner of the loud voice "Which of you c**ts said that? You want some too, like this puking wimp?" The owner of the loud voice rose slowly to his feet, fully head and shoulders taller than the prick, pressed an index finger into the prick's chest and repeated the instruction. The prick was clearly as stupid as he was violent as he sought to remonstrate with and manhandle the huge biker before him. Said biker "I give up" shook his head sadly and with one efficient blow, put out the lary prick's lights. A ripple of applause accompanied the biker as he retook his seat.
    Admittedly, the biker lowered himself toward the prick's level but only to administer the kind of medicine which the prick himself was all too keen to dish out.
    Karma at work

I'll admit that when I read the article I felt quite uncomfortable about the whole thing, I don't think it's acceptable to go around knocking people unconscious; although arguably in your story it was (a) to prevent further a further assault on the chap who was being sick, and (b) in response to direct intimidation. A punch or two IMO is OK, but when someone is knocked out it's obviously gone too far. (When that knock-out is caused by the first punch then obviously my logic is fecked! ;))

That said, in this incident I think you're right in that the "victim" - and I use that term very loosely as even the BTP don't seem to believe he's quite the victim he claims - acted up and picked a fight with the wrong person. I did read a few interesting comments from someone who saw the Facebook post, and apparently our victim admits to 1) calling the guy a c*nt, and 2) confronting an elderly woman who tried to intervene by saying that he was in the wrong for having his feet on the seats.

It's clear that he's a mouthy little gobshite, was quite offensive to multiple individuals on the train, and did something which leads the British Transport Police to believe that a punch to the face was "reasonable" (aka, self-defence). I wouldn't be entirely surprised to think he attempted to initiate some sort of confrontation, realised he'd messed up and hid behind his girlfriend just as the punch landed on his face. Arguably the only scenario I can see that results in even the police saying "meh, that's reasonable." after hearing witness statements.
  • Options
    This happened to me, funnily enough coming back from Leigh on sea. Three young kids and the one sitting opposite put his feet on the seat next to me! Three times I asked him to move them before kicking him in the side of the knee. When he realised there was about a dozen of us in the carriage they upped and left. I hope it really hurt him and his GF dumps him for being a twat.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

LuckyReds said:

Feet on train/bus seats is unacceptable selfishness.
    Twatting people is probably criminal.
    Picking a fight with the wrong guy is a lesson many people receive in life. I'll admit to a frisson of "serves the selfish chippy prick right" but violent assaults can almost never be condoned.
    Was on a late train out of London years back, which was as expected full to capacity, many of the passengers were highly refreshed to tired and emotional. A lone boozed up traveller nearby turned suddenly green but couldn't make it through the throng to the door in time at the next station. Perplexed by his need to throw up and determined not to puke in the carriage with the rest of us, he took himself into the concertina between carriages to blow his chunks. He was quite unwell. Southeastern's networker trains automatic doors between carriages get confused by a body lingering in the concertina and opened and closed repeatedly while the puker was collecting his thoughts. A lary prick in the next carriage took exception to the door behind him repeatedly wheezing open and shut, and presumably to the attendant whiffs of vomit. The prick took noisy exception to the wobbly puker's presence in the gap between carriages. The puker wasn't able to placate the lary prick who, cheered on by his coterie of scum mates, set about the puker with fists and feet, dealing him quite a battering. Another loud voice from the prick's carriage called out "Enough, leave him alone" The lary prick turned, enraged, to dispute the matter with the owner of the loud voice "Which of you c**ts said that? You want some too, like this puking wimp?" The owner of the loud voice rose slowly to his feet, fully head and shoulders taller than the prick, pressed an index finger into the prick's chest and repeated the instruction. The prick was clearly as stupid as he was violent as he sought to remonstrate with and manhandle the huge biker before him. Said biker "I give up" shook his head sadly and with one efficient blow, put out the lary prick's lights. A ripple of applause accompanied the biker as he retook his seat.
    Admittedly, the biker lowered himself toward the prick's level but only to administer the kind of medicine which the prick himself was all too keen to dish out.
    Karma at work

I'll admit that when I read the article I felt quite uncomfortable about the whole thing, I don't think it's acceptable to go around knocking people unconscious; although arguably in your story it was (a) to prevent further a further assault on the chap who was being sick, and (b) in response to direct intimidation. A punch or two IMO is OK, but when someone is knocked out it's obviously gone too far. (When that knock-out is caused by the first punch then obviously my logic is fecked! ;))

That said, in this incident I think you're right in that the "victim" - and I use that term very loosely as even the BTP don't seem to believe he's quite the victim he claims - acted up and picked a fight with the wrong person. I did read a few interesting comments from someone who saw the Facebook post, and apparently our victim admits to 1) calling the guy a c*nt, and 2) confronting an elderly woman who tried to intervene by saying that he was in the wrong for having his feet on the seats.

It's clear that he's a mouthy little gobshite, was quite offensive to multiple individuals on the train, and did something which leads the British Transport Police to believe that a punch to the face was "reasonable" (aka, self-defence). I wouldn't be entirely surprised to think he attempted to initiate some sort of confrontation, realised he'd messed up and hid behind his girlfriend just as the punch landed on his face. Arguably the only scenario I can see that results in even the police saying "meh, that's reasonable." after hearing witness statements.
    This leads me to talk about the one and only time I have been involved in a physical confrontation. I had been to the pub and had a few beers, I was 18, walking through Greenwich with a few mates. One of them had got a spray thing for some reason that they used to clean the tables and pretended to sneeze and sprayed it in people's direction (something I was telling him not to do because sneezing and spraying antibacterial stuff are both shitty) anyway one guy reacted, and got pretty loud at my mate, which cued me to step in, at which point my mouth starts running off, largely because the guy isn't a big guy, I tell him to "get a job" as a random insult, jackpot. "you don't know why I don't have a job!" "Because you're a lazy c*nt" I reply.

Swiftly followed by him delivering the mother of all punches to my face, completely unexpected and it really, really hurt to the extent I could feel shit rattling around in my cheekbone for weeks... Followed by him headbutting my mate, twice, leading to us both asking him to stop... By asking I mean begging... I look back on it now like I did pretty much the day after, you deserved it you gobby prick.

And if anyone on here is reading this thinking I didn't deserve to get smacked in the face, I wouldn't have learnt a lesson any other way and if I met the guy today (and he didn't want to punch me again) I would shake his hand and thank him for a valuable life lesson.

I am a much different, and better person today. I promise, to the extent that even today I am ashamed of my actions and view him as the victim completely.
    keeping your gob shut, not butting in to other peoples fights/arguments are things that can only be learned the hard way unfortunately.
  • Options
    Back in the day when you could smoke on trains a bloke got in my carriage smoking.
    I stood up and opened the window, close the window mate he said it's cold.
    No problem mate I said just put your fag out and I will.
    Bollox he said and then he closed the window
    I then opened the window and said please don't do that again mate until you have put your fag out.
    He ignored me and so i whacked him.
    Feet on seats I couldn't care less but smoking in an enclosed space pisses me off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One action is an affront. The other is an assault. Sad to read some people condoning the latter.
  • Options
    I can see where you're coming from, but you read more and more in the media about so-called 'one punch killings'. A person can hardly learn a lesson if they're dead.
    When I was at college 30 years ago I knew of someone who was just knocked off balance in a scuffle outside the halls of residence. He fell back and hit his head on the kerb. Ended up with him having a brain injury and needing a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
    Of course there are varying degrees of reaction to intimidation or annoyance or whatever. But you never can forecast the outcome.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    But what if you aren't big, hard or fit enough to impose your desires on other people through violence? Isn't that what a civilized society is - one in which rule of the strongest doesn't necessarily apply?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

.....and letting dogs sit on the seats.

Especially when they then start putting their make up on .... get up earlier love!
  • Options

But what if you aren't big, hard or fit enough to impose your desires on other people through violence? Isn't that what a civilized society is - one in which rule of the strongest doesn't necessarily apply?

You become a politician.
    Or join the police ;)
  • Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't traipse through dog shit before getting on trains?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Am I the only one who doesn't traipse through dog shit before getting on trains?

probably not but it's just a case of good manners not to put your feet on a seat.
  • Options
    Manners, enforced by dangerously unhinged violent freaks applauded by Telly Tubby and the 20+ people who've liked his post. What has society come to, eh?
  • Options
    I think an issue here is that I tend to commute at unusual times to unusual places - the mid-afternoon service to Tattenham Corner for instance. I'm often on really empty trains. So I get comfy. Many of you, I'd imagine, are slaves to the rush hour, where feet on seats are rightly anathema. It's OK, I sympathise.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Manners, enforced by dangerously unhinged violent freaks applauded by Telly Tubby and the 20+ people who've liked his post. What has society come to, eh?

A place where the ill mannered think their anti social behaviour should just be accepted by everyone else. The chap who got the clump was in the position to prevent it.
  • Options

Who deliberately does though? No one. And I am guessing a lot of people who accidentally do don't realise they have.

That's without mentioning all of the dog piss, people piss, and filthy standing water...
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Leuth said:

I think an issue here is that I tend to commute at unusual times to unusual places - the mid-afternoon service to Tattenham Corner for instance. I'm often on really empty trains. So I get comfy. Many of you, I'd imagine, are slaves to the rush hour, where feet on seats are rightly anathema. It's OK, I sympathise.

Classic lefty, preaches chapter and verse to others but then thinks its fine to themselves inconvenience everyone else.

Right on, brother.
    Who's being inconvenienced? If a foot falls onto a seat and nobody's there to complain, are there really bad manners? Only if a palpable residue is left, I say - and I know damn well if I've stepped in shit or mud, I'm not a vegetable. Leaving stuff that causes actual problems, like litter, or gum, or food waste, is bad manners, but doing something that will not actually cause anyone to suffer any kind of inconvenience is completely fine. If I've ever put my feet on a seat and left a nasty surprise for someone then that's awful and I'm terribly sorry, but I really don't think I have. There are actual public transport etiquette issues that deserve a lot more energy than this, many of them involving lairy twats with a masculinity problem
  • Options
    There was a horrible woman on my train tonight that deserved her cunt kicked it
  • Options
    QED
  • Options
    Leuth said:

QED

Hero of the working class by day, Latin professor by night.