Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The club's proposal for new look player of the year

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Davo55 said:

Apart from being cruel, petty and vindictive by Meire this is also breathtakingly stupid. There is no-one she could attack that would be more certain to galvanise all decent supporters into opposing her plans.

She messes with Fanny, she messes with me, and hundreds more. Whatever way this goes, we are on Fanny's side. Boycott, picket. alternative event, whatever. It will blow the Meire controlled official event completely out of the water.

Seconded. I think the thing KM may have underestimated is the presence Jean has among the club/fans etc
    Too right! She has messed with the wrong cloob and supporter.
  • Options
    Do we know what the latest/final decision is aside from the Fanny issue?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I dread to think what would happen to this event if the club organised it. Going on by their actions in the past they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Attendance would probably fall by 40% before too long!
  • Options
    Could well be an event that ended up with an 80% boycott.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

No, but while the club ponders how to get out of the mess its created (and which it should never have got involved in in the first place) time is being wasted.

Can anyone else hear Nero playing his fiddle?
    Tick-tock...
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

No, but while the club ponders how to get out of the mess its created (and which it should never have got involved in in the first place) time is being wasted.

They will do what they usually do and ignore it. Then when quizzed on it at a later date, they will deny all knowledge and claim yet another communication breakdown
  • Options
    Idea:

Hold the player vote earlier than normal and either:

A - make sure Lookman wins.
    B - take the trophy into the ground for the final game and hand it from the terrace to the winning player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully, you are not suggesting Fanny gains entry as the stripper-gran???
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Tick-tock...
    Worst fiddle impersonation ever :wink:
  • Options
    So when was the last time that there was no player of the year dinner?
    Was the 10 second presentation on sunday a success?
  • Options
    A lot of people were not in their seats when the presentation was made, and by having it so close to the touchline it must have been a long way off for anyone not in the middle of the West Stand ... perhaps the directors wanted it in front of them ... if so, a shame the great and the good still had their noses in the trough.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

What happened on Sunday was basically very poor theatre as it were. Having things up close on the big screen was the only way you could identify what was going on, because visually we had a random gaggle of unidentifiable people by the dug outs looking at each other.
    A football stadium is quite an interesting space, and presentations could be quite noticeable, but at Charlton they never have been.
    One off the top of my head example for last Sunday would have been having a little table for the trophy on the centre spot (a better view from all parts of the stadium) and maybe the match day mascots, or even Holmes' fellow players, forming a little corridor of honour for him.
    It would have been simple to do, visually effective, and been a little more ceremonial.

Or make all the players stand around the centre circle, then the winner walks into the middle when announced.
  • Options
    Given the risible hissy fit thrown by km over the affair I was surprised the club provided any facility for the customers to make the presentation on cloob premises at all. As for the detail of the presentation itself, the preference of the recipient ought to have been paramount. If RH is still with us after the toxic pantomime has left the stage and he is keen on the idea I'm sure a proper presentation can be organised, with or without the cooperation of who/whatever may be in charge next.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

What happened on Sunday was basically very poor theatre as it were. Having things up close on the big screen was the only way you could identify what was going on, because visually we had a random gaggle of unidentifiable people by the dug outs looking at each other.
    A football stadium is quite an interesting space, and presentations could be quite noticeable, but at Charlton they never have been.
    One off the top of my head example for last Sunday would have been having a little table for the trophy on the centre spot (a better view from all parts of the stadium) and maybe the match day mascots, or even Holmes' fellow players, forming a little corridor of honour for him.
    It would have been simple to do, visually effective, and been a little more ceremonial.

Or make all the players stand around the centre circle, then the winner walks into the middle when announced.
    Roger Johnson ...It's...not you
    ... so if you don't like it ...

you can #### off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time did it take place ?
  • Options
    It took place at around 11.40 on Sunday.. The POTY Dinner is not dead though. We intend for it to rise from the flames and be back again next season. Maybe it will become a promotion party, but then I am always an optimist.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

It took place at around 11.40 on Sunday.. The POTY Dinner is not dead though. We intend for it to rise from the flames and be back again next season. Maybe it will become a promotion party, but then I am always an optimist.

Good for you and thank-you to you and Jean for all your hard work.

I missed the presentation at that time as I was on the wrong side of the West Stand :smile:
  • Options

Good for you and thank-you to you and Jean for all your hard work.

I missed the presentation at that time as I was on the wrong side of the West Stand :smile:
    As did I, CE.

I was flat out across the entrance to the car park at the time.

( OK, not quite flat out...)