Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe | Tue 7 Mar | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    The punctured wheels have come off the broken-down Belgian bus which has caught fire while the wheels were stolen by scousers.

The only point of interest is how many more we have to lose before Ms. Nightmeire is ungagged for enough time to sack Sir Gobby Knobinson.

Chris O'Congo has put down his deposit on a flat in Thamesmead, Rubinstein has applied for a job with the Labour Party and I am Just looking forward to the POTY dinner in April. A snip at 35 quid for 14 chips and a chance to be abused by Roger Johnson, the richest man at SAGA.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    Another lay down and die couldn't give a toss performance from the Addicks. 2-0 to a determined, motivated Scunthorpe fighting with all they possess for automatic promotion.

I don't know why I'm bothering to go but maybe, just maybe I'll be wrong.

We can but hope!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I was at Scunthorpe on Saturday and saw them lose to Fleetwood .. Scunny are totally out of form, the midfield has ceased to function, Morris's goals have dried up as have Maddens's and Van Veen's .. the full backs look vulnerable and have trouble getting forward, Fleetwood played a 351 and restricted Scunny's space on the wings where they are usually very effective in attack ..
    Dawson still puts himself about in midfield but Bishop looks as though age is starting to tell and overall the team exudes a bit of a collective loss of form and self belief, in total contrast to their form earlier in the season. Talking to my 'seat neighbour', the team has nosedived in form and that is evident from the recent results, though they got a point with ten men at the Blades and the home form is worse than that away from home ..
    thing is will Robinson have the nous to suss out the best way to play them and will the players get themselves up for another very important game
    Scunny may be out of form, we may have beaten them in the cup and got a point up at Glanford, but which club is in the least bad shape player wise ?
    .. I'd wager that Alexander will have them really up for this one and we'll struggle to get a point .. once again and very worryingly, it'll depend on which Charlton team turns up both physically and mentally

I was coming down for this one but am feeling very groggy this morning so won't make it ((:<) .. enjoy all ye who attend or listen on the player and please say a prayer for poor Lincs ((:>)

CAFC 1 v Scunthorpe United 1 (another binary game)

EDIT .. just saw this on BBC .. the young man is a very talented player .. shows we are not alone in having player tantrums .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39146085
  • Options
    Lookman won us the cup game v Scunny.

0-2 in front of about 3,500 Charlton fans, 200 Scunny & official attendance 7,600.
  • Options
    I actually think we'll got something tonight. It seems to be the games against the better sides that the lightening strikes.

Under normal circumstances I'd take a draw but I am very, very worried that we will not beat a team below us in the table again this season so we probably need more than one point tonight.

As much as the threat of relegation is 'interesting', especially in terms of what the owners will do, the thought of us being in the 4th division is so frightening that I am getting desperate for a win and I think Scunny will be less likely to bust a gut to beat us as they probably think they can win at a canter and with a bit of luck that might just work out well for us.

Or we will lose 4-0.

I won't be going and even if I was interested in watching a live game on a Tuesday night I would take up the offer of a free ticket at Arsenal v Munich rather than go anywhere near the worst Charlton side since God was a boy against Scunthorpe - no disrespect to the latter.
  • Options
    Is anyone else struggling to summons the energy and desire to go tonight? I'm not sure I can face it after the last month or so and Northampton.

It's got draw written all over it but fear like most teams this year they'll be more up for it than us.

1-3 to Scunthorpe, we'll leak 2 goals in the last 10 minutes after missing an open goal....... I can just see it.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Despite losing to pony opposition over the last few weeks, this is the kind of 'sods law' game we would probably win....even though I can't see past a draw tonight..
  • Options
    Well we can't drop down anymore places tonight so that is one bonus.
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one.2-0 to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-2 . Another defeat . More bullshit from Robinson afterwards. Another game I can't be arsed to go to . Charlton used to be a big part of my life and I looked forward to every game . Not anymore.
    Thanks Roland
  • Options
    Dont get my 15 yo, so schlepping over from Sunbury this evening with him, he really wants to go, cant let him down.
    He has been to Stamford Bridge this season a few times.
    Really thought away at AFC would have turned him off for ever.
  • Options
    2-2 Draw- Nothing at the moment is pointing to victory, i would love to be wrong! COYR
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Is anyone else struggling to summons the energy and desire to go tonight? I'm not sure I can face it after the last month or so and Northampton.

It's got draw written all over it but fear like most teams this year they'll be more up for it than us.

1-3 to Scunthorpe, we'll leak 2 goals in the last 10 minutes after missing an open goal....... I can just see it.

Me. Really dont think i can be bothered. Sad.
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-scunthorpe-preview-3612642.aspx

Why doesn't the OS preview mention the Kat-tax with the ticket prices at the bottom. Bit misleading.....
  • Options
    sorry its a draw for me at best 1-1
  • Options
    0-2
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Rudd
    Solly Konsa Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Ulvestad
    Byrne Holmes Botaka
    Magennis

Phillips, Teixeira, Page, Jackson, Aribo, Watt, Novak

Would have Dijksteel and Ahearne-Grant in the squad but just can't see it happening.

God knows what the score will be but a draw is a good result. We need a bit of magic to win this one so hoping Holmes can do a Lookman tonight but we shall see.

To everyone going, you're either the most dedicated as in will always go no matter what, or you're crazy. Not sure which to be honest ;)

2-2
  • Options
    Philips
    Solly Bauer Tex Chicksen
    Botaka Konsa Aribo Holmes
    Magennis Novak
  • Options

0-9 to the Iron

It's telling and utterly depressing that this comment has not got a single LOL.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everything thing is saying another dismal evening, but as I'm in a good mood I'll hope for a home win, 2-1.
  • Options
    As said on Flumbuff's piece, Chris Solly has completed three-match suspension, but could face a late fitness test for the clash against the Iron after picking up a calf complaint.
  • Options
    After Northampton I confidently expect us to lose this one 0-2 we really are completely useless.

Go on prove me wrong, I won't hold my breath.

Only going as the ticket is free and I work in Woolwich.

• Options
    scunnie havent won in 7 games and have failed to score in 3 of them all be it against far better opposition than what we have been tonight, a win would imo get us to safety or within a few points of. ill go for a 1-3 we will go ahead 1st, then collapse
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

0-9 to the Iron

It's telling and utterly depressing that this comment has not got a single LOL.

It's respect for the optimist, that's why.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

scunnie havent won in 7 games and have failed to score in 3 of them all be it against far better opposition than what we have been tonight, a win would imo get us to safety or within a few points of. ill go for a 1-3 we will go ahead 1st, then collapse

Remind me, when did we last score first
  • Options
    edited March 2017

ross1 said:

I know BBC are not the best at sport news for the lower clubs, but according to them Bauer is injured and Tex is suspended. Where has that news come from?

Well Teixeira played against Northampton (replaced Bauer at Half-Time) so guess the latter could be injured but cant see how Tex can be suspended as he didnt pick up a booking against Northampton so wont have reached his limit
    I saw the same on sky, The following are allegedly not available

Pearce, Bauer, Johnson, Tex, Lennon

If true who plays alongside Konsa?

Options - Solly .. modern day Chris Perry? Jacko? Dijk Steel? Page?
  • Options

Philips
    Solly Bauer Tex Chicksen
    Botaka Konsa Aribo Holmes
    Magennis Novak

Magennis and Novak a little too similar for me.

I'd play one of them with Botaka up front, and bring in Byrne as winger.