Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ujpest: wherever Duchatelet pitches up the same story unfolds

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea of having a network of protest fans, we shall overcome!
  • Options
    Thought our new owners were in contact with one of Roland’s associates re discussions forThe Valley. Could all be a smoke screen of course. Certain @ Airman Brown has a little knowledge about our new owners and Roland.
  • Options
    Do the Duchatelets own any football clubs now?
  • Options
    AFAIK he still has his minority share at Jena. There he still wants to build his hotel complex, which is not in itself a bad idea on that site. But it requires the co-operation of other stakeholders such as the local council and not least the ultras whom he wants to move to the other end of the stadium. And guess what…

But that’s it now. 
  • Options
    AFAIK he still has his minority share at Jena. There he still wants to build his hotel complex, which is not in itself a bad idea on that site. But it requires the co-operation of other stakeholders such as the local council and not least the ultras whom he wants to move to the other end of the stadium. And guess what…

But that’s it now. 
    Imagine its always been harder for him to have total control @ Jena, because of the ownership rules in Germany?
  • Options
    Charlton 
  • Options

But that’s it now. 
    Imagine its always been harder for him to have total control @ Jena, because of the ownership rules in Germany?
    Exactly. We (@GlassHalfFull and I when I met up with him on his epic trip there) got that directly from them. We were told that they listened to his proposals to join the Network,thanked him for his proposal, and declined to take it up. German clubs are allowed to hive off 49% to create a separate commercial company although not all of them do it. Apparently he first wanted RotWeiss Erfurt because it was nearer his factories, but they had not converted that 49%, unlike Jena. I thought it might all actually work out - his plan involves covered stands for the whole ground - but of course he just cannot help pissing people off when he doesnt get his way on anything.
  • Options
    I hope the Ujpest fans are not again celebrating prematurely.

According to this article https://bbj.hu/business/industry/deals/mol-group-agrees-to-buy-ujpest-fc,, MOL Group has agreed to acquire a majority stake in local football club Újpest.  It does not name a new minority stakeholder, so will that still be Roderick, hanging around like a bad smell? 
    And the deal is not due to be finalised until the end of April, which reminds me of te oft-quoted Charlton trope "the next 3 weeks will be crucial" (except that the Hungarian version is apparently more like 12 weeks!)
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

According to this article https://bbj.hu/business/industry/deals/mol-group-agrees-to-buy-ujpest-fc,, MOL Group has agreed to acquire a majority stake in local football club Újpest.  It does not name a new minority stakeholder, so will that still be Roderick, hanging around like a bad smell? 
    And the deal is not due to be finalised until the end of April, which reminds me of te oft-quoted Charlton trope "the next 3 weeks will be crucial" (except that the Hungarian version is apparently more like 12 weeks!)
    Selling the club, what about the ground ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:

I am pretty sure he is out, because he wanted out. Budapest is not a good place to hang around in if you have pissed off fans of an iconic footie club. And since the guy posting the news on Twitter is Gaby, definitely a friend of Charlton, he would probably have mentioned it. But I will run it past him
    It is also rather a curious double coincidence  that MOL is the new majority owner. MOL is a major oil refiner and retailer across the region. One of their top execs is Oszkar Vilagi. He is the owner of the Slovak club Dunajska Streda and a key player in the “European bid” for Charlton which Duchatelet dicked around. It kind of makes sense that MOL would own both these clubs although there is a slightly sinister Orban angle to that which I won’t bore people with. However the second coincidence is more surprising. Until a few weeks ago MOL was the major sponsor of Fehervar - the club supposedly hooked up with Dobbo- but they walked away. It now seems that they did that knowing that they would be buying Ujpest. Why, I have no clue. On the face of it Fehervar has much bigger potential than Ujpest, as our new Lifer from there, @Vjacheslav has described. It might be Fidesz politics at work again, but thankfully it does not affect us other than as background to the Dobbo issue. 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Selling the club, what about the ground ?
    Thats a good question but it might be State/municipally owned. The British model of nearly all clubs owning their own stadia is less common on the continent. In Jena the council own it so Duchatelet is trying to build his hotel etc in a kind of PPP deal. Trouble is the last P stands for “partnership”🤣🤣
  • Options
    I think your timeline is not ok.

MOL left from our club at the summer, so there was no Dobbo when it happened. Roderick Duchatelet has been selling it for a long time, but nobady want them, or he broked up the conversation with the buyers. There was russian buyer, or chinese one, but every time the failed business.

In Hungary, the financing of football is influenced by politics.
    Slowly, behind every club is someone close to the government.
    For example, behind ferencváros Kubatov who one of the leader of Fidesz, who is perhaps the third or fourth person after Orbán.
    Ujpest was the last big club with non poitics background. Now The small part of MOL (MOL vagyonkezelő) bought that, but the club are in big trouble, only 6 point away from the relegation spot. They try to signed new players, but the hungarian transfer deadline is to close.

As I know if Ujpest did not  avoid the releagtion, there is no deal. 
  • Options
    I always wondered if Duchatelet genuinely felt that all the fans at all his clubs were wrong, and that he was right. 
  • Options
    I always wondered if Duchatelet genuinely felt that all the fans at all his clubs were wrong, and that he was right. 
    I've given up trying to understand the man, I've settled on the idea he's just a cruel narcissist who will be spiteful at the slightest dent to his ego
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    I've given up trying to understand the man, I've settled on the idea he's just a cruel narcissist who will be spiteful at the slightest dent to his ego
    And you would find active fans in Liege, Budapest and Jena who would agree with you 100%. Not to mention a large number of residents of Sint-Truiden.