Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KR Planning for 2017-2018

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't think our squad is particularly small by L1 standards

It's uneven though, with too much deadwood, the likes of RJ, Ba who was on the books for 6 months etc, and players with no endurance fitness to play a season
  • Options
    No it's not but it's unbalanced with too many ordinary or inexperienced players.

Here's how it looked once the window closed:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74698/updated-squad-list-1-september-2016

For a club aiming for promotion 3 senior strikers and 3 senior wingers wasn't enough while central midfield was very weak.
  • Options
    Maybe this is for another thread but when RD departs (on 18th April if HI is to be believed) do we really think a new owner will retain KR for next season ?
  • Options

Maybe this is for another thread but when RD departs (on 18th April if HI is to be believed) do we really think a new owner will retain KR for next season ?

Hurt by your lack of faith @Fanny Fanackapan
  • Options
    I do belive that we were told last summer (before a manager was appointed) that we would be building a squad on the same way the Powell did.

Getting told the same drivel this year as well. At least we have a manager in place first this time.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

It's possible Fanny but it all depends what the new owner(s)' business plan is.

They might take a softly softly approach to the playing side of things giving Jimmy until November to see what he can achieve or start with the new broom approach throughout the whole club by appointing a new team manager with a war chest to rebuild the squad from day one.

Personally I would only entrust my investment to a person of my chosing, so the new broom approach for me but sadly I haven't got 100 million readies going spare :wink: .
  • Options

No

9/10 new owners will appoint their own man. Robinson may be hoping that Duchaletet is here for the foreseeable. Either way he's on a sticky wicket.
  • Options
    Have to admire the optimism of a man who books a summer holiday given he has such a dire record since he became manager and is at a club with a track record od ditching managers regularly. Perhaps the finances are so tight that he hopes by arranging a non-refundable break they will be forced to keep him?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No it's not but it's unbalanced with too many ordinary or inexperienced players.

Here's how it looked once the window closed:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74698/updated-squad-list-1-september-2016

For a club aiming for promotion 3 senior strikers and 3 senior wingers wasn't enough while central midfield was very weak.

On the other hand, if you look at the comments on that thread, the majority say that was a decent squad. Nor perfect, but top 6 potential. Certainly not that of a team looking nervously at Port Vale results. I doubt Fleetwood and Southend have a deeper squad than us.

It's clear that we went backwards after January. On the 28th January we beat Bolton (without Lookman, Magennis and Fox, and with Holmes on the bench) and were 11th, just 6 points off the playoffs. Now we are 16th and 16 points off the playoffs. That's a very poor run of form, and KR has to take some of the blame for that
  • Options
    The only thing Gobshite has to look forward to pre season is a week end at Butlins Bognor Regis with Congo Chris.

What new owner in their right mind would retain that twat.

Only good for protecting Ms Nightmeire's ego and Tom Rubinstein's pension.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And he can also take his personal two man fan club with him.
  • Options

I do belive that we were told last summer (before a manager was appointed) that we would be building a squad on the same way the Powell did.

Getting told the same drivel this year as well. At least we have a manager in place first this time.

You'd assume KR just has to keep churning out the positive shite. He'll know what he signed up hasn't materialised in any way, shape or form. On the one hand I expect he's keen to see a sale to see what backing he might get from the new owners, on the other, he's prob thinking new owners, new manager maybe?

All he can do is take each game at a time. He can put together summer recruitment plans, but I reckon he knows nothing like that would even get looked at the moment.