Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Burnley boss Sean Dyche is shaping team's future

2»

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Think he means that Burnley spent £1m i.e 5% of £20m that Newcastle spent on Wilson.
    OK .. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Think he means that Burnley spent £1m i.e 5% of £20m that Newcastle spent on Wilson.
    Indeed. Apologies for the ambiguity but that was the point I was trying to make. I could have compared their expenditure to any of the clubs around them - it just served the purpose that Newcastle spent 20 times on one player the amount that Burnley spent in total this season 
  • Options
    I seem to end up saying it on every thread but it’s always the manager. Filling your team with expensive talent means nothing if the manager doesn’t know how to get them playing. Always get the best manager that will come. One with experience and a successful CV. 
  • Options
    I seem to end up saying it on every thread but it’s always the manager. Filling your team with expensive talent means nothing if the manager doesn’t know how to get them playing. Always get the best manager that will come. One with experience and a successful CV. 
    The Manager is always my first port of call when making my ante post football bets. I didn't back us prior to this season but will, subject to us making the right adjustments to the squad, be doing so in the course of the next couple of months as I believe that Adkins is the right person to get the best out of the players at his disposal.
  • Options
    Its probably a bit ofboth really. Look at Solksjaer, got relegated with Cardiff and now he is in the europa league final and could possibly win the league with Man Utd for example.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Its probably a bit ofboth really. Look at Solksjaer, got relegated with Cardiff and now he is in the europa league final and could possibly win the league with Man Utd for example.
    When he’s got silverware on his CV I’ll agree. A one season success doesn’t mean he’ll be able to keep that going. At present he’s got little on his resume to impress. Would any of the other top European clubs be looking to poach him ? Maybe one day but not at the moment. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Indeed. Apologies for the ambiguity but that was the point I was trying to make. I could have compared their expenditure to any of the clubs around them - it just served the purpose that Newcastle spent 20 times on one player the amount that Burnley spent in total this season 
    They signed Joelinton for £40mill too... 
  • Options
    Used to like him, but went off him after his (and many others) comments about helping lower/non league clubs during the pandemic. Wonder how he would have felt if the boot was on the other foot.