Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton announce £13.5m loss

Comments

• Options

Greenie said:

I never thought that the day would come that if my club lost £13.5M it would make me happy.

Well that day has come, and that, Rat Man is failure. I hope it hurts!

Sadly this sums me us as well, my first thought when I saw the figure was "I wish it was more", sad times indeed.
    It will be much more now, because most of the £4-5m in TV money will have gone, and season ticket sales have fallen through the floor. We just won't find out until next March.
  • Options
    a lot was spent on ground improvements, re-laid pitch at the Valley, the training ground .. am I right in typing this ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A pack/bag of 12 vol-au-vents from Sainsbury's costs £2.

Just saying.
  • Options
    Dear oh dear. In one way yes we are all a little bit happy he's taken such a hit financially, but it does highlight the need for a quick sale imo as you can be sure KR will no money in the summer at all, and that could really mean a real threat of relegation next season
  • Options
    Imagine what's going to happen to the price of the Pomme frit (chips) now. Shame Roland my heart bleeds sweet nothing for you, only for CAFC. Go Now
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Dear oh dear. In one way yes we are all a little bit happy he's taken such a hit financially, but it does highlight the need for a quick sale imo as you can be sure KR will no money in the summer at all, and that could really mean a real threat of relegation next season

That's of course assuming we've got enough in the tank this season :neutral:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Revenue from player sales since the accounts year = £6,057,000 (see page 26).
  • Options
    Total debt now = £65.2 million.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hows that 1.5% looking Roland?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Turnover increased from £11.8m to £12.1m. So basically, that season we spent £25.6 million!

Total staff costs (wages and salaries, social security and other pension costs) were 14.06 million (116% of 12.1 million turnover), so other costs would be about 11.6 million.

14.06 million staff costs compares with 11.48 the previous year, an increase of 22.5%.
  • Options
    What on earth is 'Premier League Productivity Data' .... is it their measure for the number of players we were priviliged to watch before they moved on to Premiership clubs as per KM's Dublin appearance?!
  • Options
    WSS said:

"Increased football costs of nearly £4.0m spent primarily on player salaries and transfers as the club spent money in January to try and maintain Championship status"

Lolz.

Sonogo, Fanni, Motta, Yun, RoJo, Rhys Williams (but only for a month), Tex--who else am I missing?

I've said before that I don't think this is about money to Roland because we spent a fair amount in January (not all of it well, mind). I think it's about ego.

Looking at that list, Fanni and Motta were definitely quality players but both took a while to get fit. Tex was a very good addition, Yun decent, but it just sort of reeks of desperation and having no foresight or planning in place.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

According to note 21 it would appear that none of the Harriott, Pope, Cousins and Gudmundson transfer fees were included in these latest financials and of course the Lookman and Fox fees definitely won't be until the current years financials are prepared on 30/6/17.

Whether these windfalls will have offset the ongoing monthly losses this season against the backdrop of lower gate receipts, TV money and sponsorship remains to be seen.

Why not, they were all sold in the summer? Did we get no money up front? That seems really strange.

I should note there may be tax reasons for not including those sales in the '15-'16 books.
  • Options

Turnover increased from £11.8m to £12.1m. So basically, that season we spent £25.6 million!

So the season-ticket boycott and the plummeting gates won't be shown until the next set of accounts. Hopefully Duchatalet will be long gone by the time we get to laugh at those.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

According to note 21 it would appear that none of the Harriott, Pope, Cousins and Gudmundson transfer fees were included in these latest financials and of course the Lookman and Fox fees definitely won't be until the current years financials are prepared on 30/6/17.

Whether these windfalls will have offset the ongoing monthly losses this season against the backdrop of lower gate receipts, TV money and sponsorship remains to be seen.

Why not, they were all sold in the summer? Did we get no money up front? That seems really strange.

I should note there may be tax reasons for not including those sales in the '15-'16 books.
    The accounts are due for March 31st, so the accounting year for the club ended 9 months prior - or June 30th.

Weren't most of the sales done in July?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Total debt now = £65.2 million.

If we in any other 'business' other than football we would have been shut down long ago. A financial shambles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This time next year if Rd is here.What could the loss be?.taking in account player sales July 2016 and Lookman etc Jan 2017.Could it be a profit?.If we don't buy summer 2017.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

The accounts are due for March 31st, so the accounting year for the club ended 9 months prior - or June 30th.

You're right, sorry I hadn't read the dates, doing too many things at once.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    SDAddick said:

LuckyReds said:

SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

Leave that to the women, we aren't supposed to multi task :wink:
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

LuckyReds said:

SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

No worries, I had to look up the dates to try and work out exactly what was going on in that period anyway. There's a few bits that seem to defy explanation!

@MountsfieldPark picked out an interesting bit though:

"Since the year end the disposal of players' registrations has generated income of £6,057,000." (see note 21 on page 26).

This may be relevant to trying to peice together some of the later decisions!
  • Options
    Well, that must be Lookman and ...?
  • Options
    This time next year a smaller loss?.