Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson saying the right things

Comments

• Options

If and

The man is just performing for the PR department and it's humiliating and tragic.

Reminds me of the petitions I sign on Facebook , campaigning against performing animals in circuses.

KR is the regime's performing seal & as such, I'm starting to feel sorry for him.
    Never feel sorry for any manager who works for this mob as they know what they are up against. If he doesn't then he is bloody stupid or desperate
    I know.

I meant to put a smiley !
  • Options

If and

The man is just performing for the PR department and it's humiliating and tragic.

Reminds me of the petitions I sign on Facebook , campaigning against performing animals in circuses.

KR is the regime's performing seal & as such, I'm starting to feel sorry for him.
    Never feel sorry for any manager who works for this mob as they know what they are up against. If he doesn't then he is bloody stupid or desperate
    I know.

I meant to put a smiley !
    You are right tho Jean. He is like a performing seal
  • Options
    Agreed a budget on how much he can spend.
    But if we sell Bfg, Tex and Konsa it will probably leave us woefully short again.

Just sell the club.
  • Options
    Hope we have new owners and he is not here next season. He is a total bellend
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I don't believe anything the club says - the summer will be chaotic and disapointing as it always is. We are run by incompetents - end of! If you think incompetents suddenly become competent - you don't live in the real world! They can't! I'm sure Robinson isn't a terrible manager - not sure if he is a good one either, but he will need to do what Powell did and get rid of the wrong players and bring people he wants in quickly. I just can't see it happening with these losers - we know how they work - if they won prizes for bullshit they might be onto something!
  • Options
    How many times have the SMT promised new beginnings with a new season. How many times has anything changed for the better? Meire lies more than Trump as is just about as clueless, Duchatalet doesn't care and Robinson is a chancer who talks endlessly but has shown no ability to back his words with anything close to ability.

He's not going to get who he wants even if he stays. He'll get who the regime tells him he can have. Perhaps they deserve each other.
  • Options
    Same ole same ole...splutter splutter,blah blah blah utter codswallop tripe coming out of Gobinson's trap...wind it in,shut the F%*k up & just F#>k off...
  • Options
    By asking if he should shut the door on his way out.
  • Options
    Is he really going to be here in the summer? Lose next two and I can see him getting the elbow from this lot with Jj given task of trying to save sinking ship over 4 games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had big marquee signings lined up, but could quite get them over the line, I have been let down by other clubs and their managers. People put up a ridiculous price because we the mighty Charlton, with a top 6 budget etc etc

As we start next year, having signed some more players who have at their clubs 8 years without getting a game ! And some school boys.

Yes, Karl course we believe you !
  • Options
    Results speak louder than words there is no denying that.I know I am in the minority here but I still think we need to give KR a chance.We just can't simply keep changing Managers 2 or 3 times a year.We all wanted an a English manager and we got that in Slade.He probably did a lot of good work behind the scenes but his football was woeful - looking to not lose a game as opposed to going out to win won.Not sure what type of manager some of you expect to get - we are in Lg 1 after all.KR has not got off to a good start - under the circumstances who would.IMO and I know after the Northampton game I said the players did not seem to play for him -yet in the next game we had one of our best games of the season.To me he is an honest guy and wears his heart on his sleeve.The players have a lot to answer for and have underperformed again.
    But let's try and be realistic - who out there is going to come in and do a better job under this regime?

• Options
    I think the the answer lies in your last sentence Ray, get the regime gone, get the the new broom out and hey presto :wink:
  • Options

Results speak louder than words there is no denying that.I know I am in the minority here but I still think we need to give KR a chance.We just can't simply keep changing Managers 2 or 3 times a year.We all wanted an a English manager and we got that in Slade.He probably did a lot of good work behind the scenes but his football was woeful - looking to not lose a game as opposed to going out to win won.Not sure what type of manager some of you expect to get - we are in Lg 1 after all.KR has not got off to a good start - under the circumstances who would.IMO and I know after the Northampton game I said the players did not seem to play for him -yet in the next game we had one of our best games of the season.To me he is an honest guy and wears his heart on his sleeve.The players have a lot to answer for and have underperformed again.
    But let's try and be realistic - who out there is going to come in and do a better job under this regime?

I agree, no point changing managers. Only thing that has a chance of turning around this freefall that we are in are new owners. If they come in he'll be out the door sharpish anyway.
  • Options

Let's be realistic - who out there could do a worse job ?

He has the worst record of any Charlton manager in history.
    And to back up your point we will have the lowest ever position in our history
  • Options

If and

This post says it all.
  • Options

Get rid of him now and either put Euell, Jackson or Clark in charge for the final 6 games. One win in 13 is not good enough. 4 wins in 21 league games is not good enough. Winning is a great habit to be in, whilst losing is a difficult habit to get out of.

Our survival is in the management and players hands. League 2 football would be a disgrace for our club. If they have any sense get rid of him before tuesday night.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Get rid of him now and either put Euell, Jackson or Clark in charge for the final 6 games. One win in 13 is not good enough. 4 wins in 21 league games is not good enough. Winning is a great habit to be in, whilst losing is a difficult habit to get out of.

Our survival is in the management and players hands. League 2 football would be a disgrace for our club. If they have any sense get rid of him before tuesday night.
    It's what I was thinking, but it could backfire. But, surely they would play for Jacko & Euell on a temporary basis ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Correct.
  • Options

I don't believe anything the club says - the summer will be chaotic and disapointing as it always is. We are run by incompetents - end of! If you think incompetents suddenly become competent - you don't live in the real world! They can't! I'm sure Robinson isn't a terrible manager - not sure if he is a good one either, but he will need to do what Powell did and get rid of the wrong players and bring people he wants in quickly. I just can't see it happening with these losers - we know how they work - if they won prizes for bullshit they might be onto something!

The scouser stays(after a takeover) and he will totally contradict what he has said about the Belgians.

Once these pricks sell f*** knows how long it wl take to repair 30 years of destruction.
  • Options
    I think what he said about the players not trying wasnot clever. He was probably right, but he needed to wait until we were safe first. The problem players are probably laughing at him now! They certainly won't be busting a gut. That was a massive mistake IMO.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

It's what I was thinking, but it could backfire. But, surely they would play for Jacko & Euell on a temporary basis ?
    It could backfire, but it's clearly not working at present. Take a gamble, if they have minerals to do it.
  • Options
    I think the one thing they would bring is goodwill. That means a lot when everything has turned toxic. This is nothing to do with the protests, it would happen at any club!
  • Options
    I got slagged off on another thread for suggesting putting Euell in charge and get rid of the spouse twat. His record speaks for itself and sick of the excuses. Put Jason in charge keep us up and hopefully new regime comes in and brings a new management team in. Euell and Powell would be good!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    When I heard - We have learned from our mistakes - we will appoint a British manager and players - I was worried. Simply because it wasn't really the mistake. Yes, appointing a manager and players who know the league and can stand up to its rigours is important, but the mistake they haven't learned is about bringing in the right sort of players and filling the gaps. Curbishley always made a big thing of Charlton players and Chrissy Powell learned that from him. There really isn't such a thing as a Charlton player - but they meant players they wanted at the club - attitude being as important as ability.

Then you have to ensure you have got enough goals in the side, cover and balance. The failure to address this at any time was the mistake. A mistake repeated throughout this ownership. A foreign manager and players if they are the right ones could do the job. Robinson had a window, but we don't know the full extent of the support he had in that window. It didn't feel to me like he had the support Powell got and Robinson is going to have his work cut out to achieve his goals under this regime. I think he hasn't worked that out yet, despite being told this by fans from the off.

I don't blame him really. But If I owned the club, I would consider bringing in a popular manager who might change the atmosphere as we really are staring down both barrels at the moment!
  • Options
    Words are meaningless with this regime.
    What are the facts?
    * What is Robinson's winning percentage at Charlton?
    * Where was Charlton and MK Dons positioned when he took charge?
    * Where are they both now?
    What do those numbers tell you?