Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson saying the right things

13»

Comments

• Options
    Im happy for him to stay while they do.
  • Options

Tarbuck's primary role, as he himself has alluded, is to talk.

Meire has been silenced by the PR team, any statement from Duchatelet is dangerous and they can't keep wheeling out Jackson.

So that leaves Robinson. His role isn't to win games anymore but to try and deflect attention and criticism from the regime.

He talks easily and constantly as we know so he's well suited. It doesn't matter too much to Meire what excuses or contradictions he makes just as long as he doesn't criticise the regime.

Not only does Karl not criticise but he goes out if the way to praise.

He's now talking "next season" both because the regime have season tickets to sell and unrest to quell. He's also trying to position himself as a long term solution not just to Meire but to any new owners.

So while by any normal standard he's been a disaster he keeps his job as long as he keeps his gob in 5th gear.

Spot on.
  • Options
    Robinson can say what he likes but he is failing. NOW!
    I find the way he effectively wrote this season off so early a bit pathetic, as is the desperation of his insistence that he will get it right in the summer.
    Just win games, as the man said.
  • Options
    I feel he needs the summer knowing League 1 (which I think we will scrape in (though not really that good enough to think like that)) and the fact he knows the squad to build his own squad. All he has had is the transfer window for a month. He cannot bring in loan players outside it now. Other than that he can only bring in a player not connected to a club or hasn't been connected to a club since the closure of the last window and there are not many players like that.

But in some ways I'm starting to think what Terry from Charlton Live said when KR was appointed. Right magager, wrong time. Maybe any right manager is the right manager at the wrong time.
  • Options

I feel he needs the summer knowing League 1 (which I think we will scrape in (though not really that good enough to think like that)) and the fact he knows the squad to build his own squad. All he has had is the transfer window for a month. He cannot bring in loan players outside it now. Other than that he can only bring in a player not connected to a club or hasn't been connected to a club since the closure of the last window and there are not many players like that.

But in some ways I'm starting to think what Terry from Charlton Live said when KR was appointed. Right magager, wrong time. Maybe any right manager is the right manager at the wrong time.

Wilder is taking Sheffield up as champions.

I am certain he would have not done this with our clowns.

We need these clowns out rapido. I have not talked about the football since the Watford 5-0 , the football has been a sideshow since then.
  • Options

Wilder is taking Sheffield up as champions.

I am certain he would have not done this with our clowns.

We need these clowns out rapido. I have not talked about the football since the Watford 5-0 , the football has been a sideshow since then.
    Deffo not.
  • Options
    Cant make out how KR is still manager any other club and he would be gone, that also empathises how incompetent Charlton is run.All i hear is bullshit and more bullshit from him,if he stays who is gonna want to play for him,whose he gonna sign,I wouldnt think that many football people have much respect for him or are impressed with his performance as manager with his lack of tactical and motivational skills after telling us how lucky he was to have such talents at the club when he first took over,i thought he said if he didnt get us to the playoffs then he has failed,did I dream that ?He talks to reporters like you talk to your kids with kidology and cant believe some fans over 10 years old are fooled.I really do think he would make a great under 11 manager and would do well as a father christmas though.
  • Options

Cant make out how KR is still manager any other club and he would be gone, that also empathises how incompetent Charlton is run.

The last three years shows that normally he'd have been relieved of his duties weeks ago, I suspect that they have finally realised that continually changing manager doesn't have the desired effect as you are still left with the same people running around the pitch on a Saturday. Problem is neither does appointing whoever happens to have worked in or around the division and just happens be out of work and therefore available. They still have to work under the same 'issues' that meant the previous manager was sacked.

Unless we are relegated or a new owner comes in I can't seen KR going anywhere, at least until around November time. If RD sells he'll one of the first to be gone under new ownership meaning we'll never fully know how good or bad a manager he really is under normal circumstances. My gut feel is 'average'.

• Options

Tarbuck's primary role, as he himself has alluded, is to talk.

Meire has been silenced by the PR team, any statement from Duchatelet is dangerous and they can't keep wheeling out Jackson.

So that leaves Robinson. His role isn't to win games anymore but to try and deflect attention and criticism from the regime.

He talks easily and constantly as we know so he's well suited. It doesn't matter too much to Meire what excuses or contradictions he makes just as long as he doesn't criticise the regime.

Not only does Karl not criticise but he goes out if the way to praise.

He's now talking "next season" both because the regime have season tickets to sell and unrest to quell. He's also trying to position himself as a long term solution not just to Meire but to any new owners.

So while by any normal standard he's been a disaster he keeps his job as long as he keeps his gob in 5th gear.

And continues to say yes to KM, RD, TD et al.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Cant make out how KR is still manager any other club and he would be gone, that also empathises how incompetent Charlton is run.

The last three years shows that normally he'd have been relieved of his duties weeks ago, I suspect that they have finally realised that continually changing manager doesn't have the desired effect as you are still left with the same people running around the pitch on a Saturday. Problem is neither does appointing whoever happens to have worked in or around the division and just happens be out of work and therefore available. They still have to work under the same 'issues' that meant the previous manager was sacked.

Unless we are relegated or a new owner comes in I can't seen KR going anywhere, at least until around November time. If RD sells he'll one of the first to be gone under new ownership meaning we'll never fully know how good or bad a manager he really is under normal circumstances. My gut feel is 'average'.
    I can't see Robinson turning the club around however long he is given. Most fans can see he's full of crap and he seems to have found a way to turn off players (hardly surprising given his post Shrewsbury comments). What's going on on the pitch suggests he simply hasn't got a clue.