Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Come on Airman. What you heard ?

There is a new interested party who contacted Varney and from there was put on to the club more than a month ago. PV isn’t going to tell me who that is, but he has said they are credible. My understanding is they have been talking to Murray and have also started due diligence of their own, but whether that relates to the above or not I can’t say.
    Surprised Murray gave them the time of day if Varney had any sort of involvement?
    His involvement was to redirect them to the club, so not really a factor, but don’t underestimate Murray’s appetite to be part of the next regime.
    CafcSCP said:

If it’s a Varney introduction then I’d have a lot more faith in this one than the Australian bid.
    Varney won’t sell us down the river with a load of wasters.
    Question is will Roland cut his nose off to spite his face? He’s not likely to be Varneys biggest fan after all the letters last year

Come on Airman. What you heard ?

There is a new interested party who contacted Varney and from there was put on to the club more than a month ago. PV isn’t going to tell me who that is, but he has said they are credible. My understanding is they have been talking to Murray and have also started due diligence of their own, but whether that relates to the above or not I can’t say.
    Surprised Murray gave them the time of day if Varney had any sort of involvement?
    His involvement was to redirect them to the club, so not really a factor, but don’t underestimate Murray’s appetite to be part of the next regime.
    I have lost track of this thread a little in recent weeks but wasn’t it a month or so ago that someone posted about Salako having mentioned prospective owners with very deep pockets and a plan to move us to a new stadium, any link @Airman Brown or don’t you know enough about them?
  • Come on Airman. What you heard ?

CafcSCP said:

If it’s a Varney introduction then I’d have a lot more faith in this one than the Australian bid.
    Question is will Roland cut his nose off to spite his face? He’s not likely to be Varneys biggest fan after all the letters last year

Come on Airman. What you heard ?

I have lost track of this thread a little in recent weeks but wasn’t it a month or so ago that someone posted about Salako having mentioned prospective owners with very deep pockets and a plan to move us to a new stadium, any link @Airman Brown or don’t you know enough about them?
    Sounds like top-class rumour material here
  • CafcSCP said:

CafcSCP said:

I might be wrong (I’m sure someone will correct me) but Varney introduced and brokered the Spiv (Jimenez / Slater) consortium to the Club.

Didn’t they sign loads of players including Yann, get us in the championship with a record number of points and although take us close to administration leave Roly with a squad, that could, with tweaking have challenged.
    He screwed it.
    They gambled on getting us in the prem rapido, but didn’t quite pull it off.
    If they had then they wouldn’t have needed to bail out.
    I think most if not all the new signings were funded by the sale of Jenkinson to Arsenal once we got to the Championship the plug was pulled financially and SCP over-achieved in his first season in the championship with a late run of form - in no way did they gamble on getting us to the prem rapido
  • So, no evidence exists of a rival bid, then.

Something usually trickles down to a number of those here with contacts around the club, but instead we have silence.

Does anyone have that tumbleweed GIF?
  • CafcSCP said:

I might be wrong (I’m sure someone will correct me) but Varney introduced and brokered the Spiv (Jimenez / Slater) consortium to the Club.

I think he was also keen for Gold and Sullivan to buy us.
  • DOUCHER said:

Are we back to stage 1 again? I need @DOUCHER to confirm any DD.

Doucher will be on here soon enough, to confirm that he knew all about the new interested "party" and he definitely knew all about it before anyone else. He couldn't say anything because .........
    Nope - all news to me but one thing I can guarantee is that anything of any significance does happen, I will be the first to know so I'm afraid it is situation ongoing - put the it's happening gifs on ice for now
    Actually couldn't have hoped for a better response than that. Bravo!

Hook well and truly baited.

So, no evidence exists of a rival bid, then.

Something usually trickles down to a number of those here with contacts around the club, but instead we have silence.

Well Airman has confirmed a new group are in due diligence. That’s pretty significant.

I hope the new group info is true - a takeover is far more important than me being the first to know about it. However, if it is true, when it gets to a stage where something is actually happening, I'll be sure to let you know. Feels a bit de ja vu to me. Hope I'm wrong.

• I stand corrected. However, I find it strange that no-one has any clues as to who these rival bidders could be.

Hopefully information will start to leak out. Like everyone else, I'm desperate for the shitweasel to be gone and the way the Aussie bid appears to have ground to a shuddering halt has been quite depressing. Please don't let us be shitweaseled for the rest of this season.... :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

CafcSCP said:

Would that have been such a bad thing ?
  • I stand corrected. However, I find it strange that no-one has any clues as to who these rival bidders could be.

But then we know very little about the Aussie consortium or indeed the mystery second bidder from earlier this year

• The club remains on the market.

Aussie party are interested.

Club put out false statements/starts rumours that another party are interested in the hope Aussies will up offer/ move quicker

Ad infinitum.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Doucher will be on here soon enough, to confirm that he knew all about the new interested "party" and he definitely knew all about it before anyone else. He couldn't say anything because .........
    Nope - all news to me but one thing I can guarantee is that anything of any significance does happen, I will be the first to know so I'm afraid it is situation ongoing - put the it's happening gifs on ice for now
    Actually couldn't have hoped for a better response than that. Bravo!

Hook well and truly baited.

So, no evidence exists of a rival bid, then.

Well Airman has confirmed a new group are in due diligence. That’s pretty significant.

I hope the new group info is true - a takeover is far more important than me being the first to know about it. However, if it is true, when it gets to a stage where something is actually happening, I'll be sure to let you know. Feels a bit de ja vu to me. Hope I'm wrong.

Apparently it will happen when we know what division we will be in next season.

Hold on, what was that you said about deja vu ?
    Well, it wasn't going to happen before the season finished and clearly the Australian 'collapse' has delayed things.
  • The club remains on the market.

Aussie party are interested.

Club put out false statements/starts rumours that another party are interested in the hope Aussies will up offer/ move quicker

Ad infinitum.

No idea how far this latest interest will progress but there is no chance whatsoever it’s a false lead from the club.
    Are they looking at the takeover 'information portal' Airman, like the last bunch back in October or whenever it was?
  • edited August 2018
    I'm getting to that point of not caring now.

I feel like it's not gonna happen and if it does it'll be hugely underwhelming.
  • Uboat said:

CafcSCP said:

Would that have been such a bad thing ?
    Well probably never know, but I don't think they would have been to everyone's taste.
  • G'bye to the Good guy?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

you’ve just volunteered to do the bitesize thread
  • Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Already prefer this new mob to the Aussies

Yep, they sound ideal.

Especially as nobody knows who they are or anything at all.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

That should be enough for everyone.
  • Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

I didn’t think Kentucky was big on football but you live and learn.
  • Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

The Louis Mendez/Roger Johnson consortium.
  • My worry is that the Aussies may have been over ambitious, attempting to put together a consortium to raise enough funds to buy the club and to fund a genuine bid for Premier League football in five years. If one or more of the consortium had to to pull out, then perhaps it is been difficult to find a replacement because of the level of funding required. [Not inside info, just idle speculation on my part].
    Whoever buys the club only needs to satisfy the EFL that they have funding in place to run the club for two years. Let’s hope these rumoured bidders have more than that.
  • edited August 2018
    Perhaps that explains the current cutbacks on players and overheads.. so that prospective buyers don’t have to show as much to the EFL to get the sale.

We were told running costs had put some buyers off. Of course we have a big stadium unlike a lot of League One clubs so not sure they are comparing like for like, the EFL stipulation might better explain it.

Also makes one think if the Aussies only had to show two years and were struggling to do that even let alone 5 years, they really weren’t credible or perhaps suitable buyers
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!