Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

That’s a strange logic right there not me but you

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

They then walked away as they were at their number

Not a fake number by fake people

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

If the Saudi's had either the money or the interest, they'd own us by now.
    Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they
    Shame you can’t wake up and smell the coffee.
    When they buy us I will drink coffee for the first time in years

But my coffee ban is well and truly safe
    nla....you seem to be enjoying yourself making us all the more depressed.
    How much longer are you planning to go on finding countless ways of telling us exactly the same thing over and over again?
    I don't think NLA enjoys it at all, I think he's just doing the same as others itk, by relaying what he's been told. The only problem is, people only seem to like good news (whether they know it to be wholly accurate or not) and what NLA is relaying, isn't necessarily what the majority of fans want to hear. The majority want to hear things like "It's gonna be a tough 2 weeks, but it'll be worth it in the end".

It seems to me that if you so much as question the Aussies in anyway, you get laughed at or jumped on.
    My money is on NLA.
    I don't know NLA personally, or James Seed or Airman or Doucher or Red Henry or Colin or anyone ITK. I just read the posts and NLA has stuck to his guns even when his posts have been pilloried. He has also been the most accurate, and this version of events ties in with what is transpiring at CAFC. So it'll do for me.
    He’s repeatedly said the Aussies have walked when they haven’t.
    He’s repeatedly said ‘they’ve never had the dosh’, with no evidence, although he’s now backtracking by saying they may have the dosh but don’t want to pay an inflated price.
    He’s taken info from the Roland side at face value.
    He’s done everything he can to undermine the Aussies.

I’m not sure what else he’s said or done, but that ain’t good in my book.
    They might not have walked but they haven't taken over?
    They might have the money but they haven't taken over?

He has partly undermined the Aussie bid because he believes they don't have the finances. I don't necessarily share that view because I don't have enough information but so far all the evidence he needs is that the Aussies are not our owners.

If they had the funds and Roland wants to sell then that leaves very few reasons as to why it hasn't happened.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they

How much longer are you planning to go on finding countless ways of telling us exactly the same thing over and over again?
    I don't think NLA enjoys it at all, I think he's just doing the same as others itk, by relaying what he's been told. The only problem is, people only seem to like good news (whether they know it to be wholly accurate or not) and what NLA is relaying, isn't necessarily what the majority of fans want to hear. The majority want to hear things like "It's gonna be a tough 2 weeks, but it'll be worth it in the end".

It seems to me that if you so much as question the Aussies in anyway, you get laughed at or jumped on.
    My money is on NLA.
    I don't know NLA personally, or James Seed or Airman or Doucher or Red Henry or Colin or anyone ITK. I just read the posts and NLA has stuck to his guns even when his posts have been pilloried. He has also been the most accurate, and this version of events ties in with what is transpiring at CAFC. So it'll do for me.
    He’s repeatedly said the Aussies have walked when they haven’t.
    He’s repeatedly said ‘they’ve never had the dosh’, with no evidence, although he’s now backtracking by saying they may have the dosh but don’t want to pay an inflated price.
    He’s taken info from the Roland side at face value.
    He’s done everything he can to undermine the Aussies.

I’m not sure what else he’s said or done, but that ain’t good in my book.
    Take it offline to Makros!

• JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

My money is on NLA.
    How can it be accurate? He said consistently the Aussie’s don’t have the funds but now we have two sources claiming the Aussies have passed the fit and proper EFL test. That means they do have the funds. Last night he changed his tune to ‘don’t have the funds or not willing to pay the price’.Remember his source is coming from the Roland camp. Would you trust Roland? All this Aussie bashing is mighty suspicious.
  • RD wanted 50 million I know as that was the figure that was given to a contact that was making a formal enquiry

I haven’t said they have walked away I said the deal is dead and the Aussies don’t have the money

• "undermine the Aussies"???? sorry mate they are doing it themselves. The only person who has herd fuck from Skippy and Co is you and its someone on the end on the phone saying fuck all.
  • I bet Rubberbloke gets his bonus!

He's played us all.
  • bobmunro said:

Isn’t the club wholly owned by Staprix and is in effect just one of its group of companies.

Isn’t there a tax benefit for Roland if one of his companies is losing money ? Is the monthly loss really something less once the final tax burden is taken into account ?

I really don’t know.

The corporation tax rate in Belgium is around 30% so the losses at Charlton can, in theory, be offset against the Groups overall taxable earnings - i.e. a £10m annual loss at Charlton would reduce the CT by £3m - but it still costs the Staprix Group a net £7m.
    Sorry @bobmunro but that is complete bollocks you can’t set UK losses off against Belgian profits.
  • bobmunro said:

Isn’t the club wholly owned by Staprix and is in effect just one of its group of companies.

Isn’t there a tax benefit for Roland if one of his companies is losing money ? Is the monthly loss really something less once the final tax burden is taken into account ?

I really don’t know.

The corporation tax rate in Belgium is around 30% so the losses at Charlton can, in theory, be offset against the Groups overall taxable earnings - i.e. a £10m annual loss at Charlton would reduce the CT by £3m - but it still costs the Staprix Group a net £7m.
    Is this £7 million loss after taking into account player sales ?

£7m is a lot to you and me (well, more than a lot ...) but to a Belgian billionaire it's an insignificant amount to spend punishing those who have ruined his empire-building dreams

• JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

My money is on NLA.
    How can it be accurate? He said consistently the Aussie’s don’t have the funds but now we have two sources claiming the Aussies have passed the fit and proper EFL test. That means they do have the funds. Last night he changed his tune to ‘don’t have the funds or not willing to pay the price’.Remember his source is coming from the Roland camp. Would you trust Roland? All this Aussie bashing is mighty suspicious.
    RD has the money to pass the fit and proper test also

You need to re read the posts go back to October when I first said

The Aussies don’t have the funds (they never then )

From December I said they don’t have the funds and are trying to get more

Me saying that they may not be willing to spend it is because the fee they agreed remember the agreed part it’s very important

They have not followed through on

I said there two reasons

They don’t have it

They don’t want to spend it

What other reasons are there if the the Club The Aussies the EFL all belive that it’s in place

It’s not directors loans that part hasn’t been addressed and is not being addressed

It’s because the Aussie bid has stalled they are unwilling to pay the amount they agreed

Was this a deliberate negotiation tactic or is it they thought they could raise the money and they can’t

The EFL can check the accounts that the consortium members have and that will show they have the required funds but that don’t mean they will use it or are willing to use it

• Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

last i heard it failed th

I believe the £40m price tag was mentioned by @Redhenry many months ago. No idea if he is/was itk or whether he made it up. Its taken as gospel now though & like you, I would have thought anything above what he paid (c £18m inc debt) is a pisstake.

Last Saudi bid I heard was 40.5m which matched the Aussies at the time.
    So can you tell us any more about these Saudis? What is their business? have they shown interest in any other club? Why does a 3rd division club interest them, when they could buy a Championship club for a similar figure? If they really think CAFC is worth such a preposterous amount, why do they allow themselves to be outbid for the sake of half a million?

I appreciate that you may not know any of the answers and post what you hear in good faith. I just have a bit of trouble with the whole idea that this sale is like a (Dutch) auction of a single tangible entity - such ,as, wait for it - a house. As I was trying to say above, the headline price needs to deal with various tricky financail subplots, and each and any buyer will approach those subplots (former directors, player sales in the summer, sell ons, etc) in their own way. Sorry I just don't buy the idea that somebody was outbid by half a mill and slunk away, never to be heard of again.

• The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Predictions of an Aussie take-over have proven to be false, as NLA has said. Undermining them? That's a silly interpretation.
  • edited August 2018
    Here is my prediction....If we lose again today I predict the Aussies walk away or at least decide to wait and see. Who wants to pay £40M for a club that might be in League Two next season?
  • @Mark_West49

Brentford is actually a very useful benchmark. One of the things you have missed when pondering their value is that they have a new stadium being built. It will be slightly smaller than the Valley but will be state of the art, and I expect it will have a higher % of expensive/corporate capacity which is an issue of the Valley.

But most importantly, Benham has built them up to a point where they are serious challengers for an FAPL place. The payday. Given that, any rational business would look at the Brentford vs RD Charlton value as being a non-brainer.

RD has destroyed value in CAFC as a business. Benham has some unorthodox ideas which I am not sure about, but he has unquestionably built up the value of Brentford as a business. Brentford, new stadium, on the brink of the FAPL. Like us 21 years ago today.

Thanks, I didn't know they were building a new stadium. That makes sense. I know they just failed to get to the play-offs a couple of years ago and they seem to have tailed off a bit since but, yes, an interesting comparison with us.

It can't be easy for them either competing in spitting distance to Chelsea, Fulham and QPR: as with most non PL clubs, it's a case of attracting future generations of fans... something RD seems to have singularly failed to appreciate.
  • Wouldn't the simplest explanation for the Aussies changing their bid price be down to the Directors' debt? They might have simply said, we have adjusted our price downwards (i.e minus the reported 7£M) due to the discovery of additional debt that has yet to be settled?

The Shitweasel will obviously have a problem with that as he sees that debt as worth less, hence his derisory offer to said ex-Directors. So, we have a stalemate - RD can't (or wont) get the ex-Directors to reach a settlement for their debt and the Aussies won't pay the agreed price unless that debt is settled first (as they see it, they would be paying an extra 7£M for the club, which is already ridiculously overvalued by the Shitweasel). Hence, stalemate.

What do you lot think?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't the simplest explanation for the Aussies changing their bid price be down to the Directors' debt? They might have simply said, we have adjusted our price downwards (i.e minus the reported 7£M) due to the discovery of additional debt that has yet to be settled?

The Shitweasel will obviously have a problem with that as he sees that debt as worth less, hence his derisory offer to said ex-Directors. So, we have a stalemate - RD can't (or wont) get the ex-Directors to reach a settlement for their debt and the Aussies won't pay the agreed price unless that debt is settled first (as they see it, they would be paying an extra 7£M for the club, which is already ridiculously overvalued by the Shitweasel). Hence, stalemate.

What do you lot think?

Well LdT said at the FF that ex Director loans were not an issue. Lies, spin or the truth. Take your pick.

• PopIcon said:

Chizz said:

PeterGage said:

Fumbluff said:

Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Bahama.
    Ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.
    The only Beach Boys hit not written by Brian Wilson
    Apart from Why Do Fools Fall In Love (1964), Do You Wanna Dance and Barbara Ann (1965), Sloop John B (1966), Bluebirds Over The Mountain (1968), I Can Hear Music (1969), Cottonfields (1970), Long Promised Road (1971), California Saga: California (1973), Rock and Roll Music (1975), Peggy Sue (1978), Lady Linda (1979), Come Go With Me (1981), Getcha Back and It's getting Late (1985), She Believes In Love Again and California Dreaming (1986), Wipe Out (1987), Still Cruisin' (1989), Problem Child (1989), Hot Fun in the Summertime (1992), I Can Hear Music (1966).

:wink:
    You forgot Kokomo.
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

PeterGage said:

Fumbluff said:

Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Bahama.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.
    Apart from Why Do Fools Fall In Love (1964), Do You Wanna Dance and Barbara Ann (1965), Sloop John B (1966), Bluebirds Over The Mountain (1968), I Can Hear Music (1969), Cottonfields (1970), Long Promised Road (1971), California Saga: California (1973), Rock and Roll Music (1975), Peggy Sue (1978), Lady Linda (1979), Come Go With Me (1981), Getcha Back and It's getting Late (1985), She Believes In Love Again and California Dreaming (1986), Wipe Out (1987), Still Cruisin' (1989), Problem Child (1989), Hot Fun in the Summertime (1992), I Can Hear Music (1966).

He did say hits. And quite a few of those are cover versions. Did Gagey mean songs written by the Beach Boys, but not BW?
    Kokomo was both a hit and not a cover.
    Kokomo was the first song mentioned in the thread.

What do you lot think?

Well LdT said at the FF that ex Director loans were not an issue. Lies, spin or the truth. Take your pick.

You decide but as I said above, why bid for them if you don’t have to?
    Unless buyer doesn’t have all the funds yet so why bid up until you are completing deal?
    So not an issue if you are going to repay when you have to?
    Or more Lies?
  • edited August 2018

Wouldn't the simplest explanation for the Aussies changing their bid price be down to the Directors' debt? They might have simply said, we have adjusted our price downwards (i.e minus the reported 7£M) due to the discovery of additional debt that has yet to be settled?

What do you lot think?

• PeterGage said:

Chizz said:

PeterGage said:

Fumbluff said:

Dizzle said:

Bahama.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.

Thanks @Chizz . I clearly didnt make myself clear, when I said "hit", I meant a number one in the charts.
    OK, I will have another go..!

Barbara Ann (number one in Norway), Sloop John B (Holland, Norway and Sweden) and Cottonfields (Australia, Norway and Sweden).

And other sings like The Little Old Lady From Passadena and Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, with Elton John (which both hit number 1 in Canada).

What do you lot think?

Well since my suspicion that he was lying about the EFL has been confirmed (despite my suspicions being pooh-poohed not just on here, but by my CAST colleagues who attended the FF and appeared somewhat beguiled by him), you can guess which option I'm picking.

Confirmed, or suggested? Maybe I've been something, which is easy to do with all these mega-threads running at the same time.
  • Chizz said:

Here are the facts, as I see it. I am not ITK, but I am pretty confident of the accuracy of these, but would welcome qualified amendments.

1. Roland's ownership of Charlton has been a complete failure

2. Roland's attempt to sell Charlton has been a complete failure

3. Roland needs to fuck off

My absolute favourite quote on this thread

• JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

My money is on NLA.
    RD has the money to pass the fit and proper test also

You need to re read the posts go back to October when I first said

The Aussies don’t have the funds (they never then )

From December I said they don’t have the funds and are trying to get more

Me saying that they may not be willing to spend it is because the fee they agreed remember the agreed part it’s very important

They have not followed through on

I said there two reasons

They don’t have it

They don’t want to spend it

What other reasons are there if the the Club The Aussies the EFL all belive that it’s in place

It’s not directors loans that part hasn’t been addressed and is not being addressed

It’s because the Aussie bid has stalled they are unwilling to pay the amount they agreed

Was this a deliberate negotiation tactic or is it they thought they could raise the money and they can’t

The EFL can check the accounts that the consortium members have and that will show they have the required funds but that don’t mean they will use it or are willing to use it

Hooray, NLA finally admits they do have they funds.

Phew!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!