Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

That’s a strange logic right there not me but you

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

They then walked away as they were at their number

Not a fake number by fake people

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

If the Saudi's had either the money or the interest, they'd own us by now.
    Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they
    Shame you can’t wake up and smell the coffee.
    When they buy us I will drink coffee for the first time in years

But my coffee ban is well and truly safe
  • That’s a strange logic right there not me but you

the Saudi’s showed their money enough to put in a firm offer they reached his number and got gazzumped by people that apart from buying a scarf and getting cheap cheers like wwe wrestlers have done nothing

If the Aussies are effectively time wasters as you keep implying (never had the money or not prepared to pay the price) how is it in Duchatelet's interests to stay in negotiations with them and publicly state that a price has been agreed.....?

• micks1950 said:

If the Aussies are effectively time wasters as you keep implying (never had the money or not prepared to pay the price) how is it in Duchatelet's interests to stay in negotiations with them and publicly state that a price has been agreed.....?

The price was agreed no lies there no issue with it

The Aussies haven’t followed through with it

And never had any intention too they gazumped and knocked out the opposition and then are playing hard ball with RD until they get investnent or he backs down

Time wasters and charlatins no surprise really seeing as they are from convict Stock
  • Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Bahama.
    Ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.
  • JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

No. The Saudi's clearly didn't have the money to run the club or they simply weren't actually interested in the club.

I am fairly certain our latest bid received was not the same amount as the Aussies bid, however it was also accepted.

Why they reached their limit and like in all auctions you know when to stop especially when the Aussies wouldn’t stop and seeing as they are only using Monopoly money why should they

Well at least you didn’t break your mic.
    But I doubt you’ll need it again ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Dazzler21 said:

Well at least you didn’t break your mic.
    But I doubt you’ll need it again ;-)
    No need the mic is dropped and never being picked up
  • micks1950 said:

The price was agreed no lies there no issue with it

The Aussies haven’t followed through with it

And never had any intention too they gazumped and knocked out the opposition and then are playing hard ball with RD until they get investnent or he backs down

Time wasters and charlatins no surprise really seeing as they are from convict Stock
    You got me there. Can’t disagree. And as for Rolf Harris....
  • LoOkOuT said:

Just to lay the rumours to rest once and for all; I don't have the money either.

Nah. You just don’t want to spend it

;0)

• Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:

Depressing news it seems but money talks

WIOTOS

SISS

What is this new word?
    The bird...
  • no proof they have funds just an echo on a long distance phone call

"hello hello hello ,is anyone there ???????"
  • It’s only about money that’s the only delay

Nothing to do with EFL addicted passed that info on weeks ago

It’s all down to money

I don’t believe they have the funds they agreed to pay that’s why they are delaying

It may be they have lowered the offer and RD is playing hard ball

Either way they either don’t have it or are unwilling to spend it

The other interested parties are miles away from getting close

Directors ain’t been paid off or even an agreement reached so it’s not about clear tittles

It’s just money money money money

Quite and it suits both RD & The Aussies, to pin the delay on paperwork needing to be done/submitted.

RD benefits because if it gets out that the Aussies haven't got the money, then it weakens RD's position.

The Aussies benefit because they would also rather blame a paperwork delay, rather than admit they don't have the funds.
    As I’ve said a few times, they definitely had the funds on 18th May.
    But it looks like a couple of the consortium thought Roland was ripping them off over the pice.
    So we wait for desperate Roland to admit that his dream of getting his money back isn’t going to come true.
  • cafcwill said:

Depressing news it seems but money talks

WIOTOS

SISS

What is this new word?
    The bird...
    Bird is the word.
  • The only thing I want, is for the Aussies finally to complete the takeover at the price that they feel is suitable.

And then fund a massive transfer spree with money won in a legal battle with Roland, because of his side breaching NDA terms.
  • Fumbluff said:

Dizzle said:

I’m on honeymoon in Aruba and still check this thread once or twice a day. I think it’s an addiction

Bahama.
    Ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda.
    Bahama.
    Come on pretty mama.
    The only Beach Boys hit not written by Brian Wilson
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

seth plum said:

Pretty clear any takeover is off.

Fans will abandon hope, and the club with it, or continue to fight as best they can.

This will probably end with the closure of the club altogether, or if we are very lucky indeed administration and some kind of rescue package.

The question from now on is do we die with a whimper, or if we are destined to die do we go with a bang?

Collectively and individually I hope fans are able to mark the closing down of the club as dramatically as possible.

Duchatelet will remain and oversee our death, no rescue of any kind in sight. Those who deliberately or innocently have a different narrative are being manipulated because of the triumph of time.

Not a chance ... this is far from over, OUR club will get through this.

There is NO death
    Of course I hope you're right.
    Not sure I will live to see it though.
  • seth plum said:

stonemuse said:

seth plum said:

Fans will abandon hope, and the club with it, or continue to fight as best they can.

This will probably end with the closure of the club altogether, or if we are very lucky indeed administration and some kind of rescue package.

The question from now on is do we die with a whimper, or if we are destined to die do we go with a bang?

Collectively and individually I hope fans are able to mark the closing down of the club as dramatically as possible.

Duchatelet will remain and oversee our death, no rescue of any kind in sight. Those who deliberately or innocently have a different narrative are being manipulated because of the triumph of time.

Not a chance ... this is far from over, OUR club will get through this.

There is NO death
    Of course I hope you're right.
    Not sure I will live to see it though.
    You will.
  • Page 1234

Kabbalah rules OK
  • RedChaser said:

Gammon said:

Sorry for being an idiot but what does ODT stand for

Owners and Directors Test - fit and proper.
    Thought it was Over Da Top
  • edited August 2018
    _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

seth plum said:

Not off, just on hold until Duchatelet lowers his asking price. At some point he’s going to have to cut his losses. What other alternatives are there apart from some mug agreeing to pay in excess if £40m
    MrDick given Oz 5 year plan will cost £150m-£200m how much do you think RD will need to discount to facilitate a deal? He has already lost about £20m by under-valuing Gomez and Lookman by selling them too soon. The Oz lot could make similar mistakes, hopefully not of that magnitude. What part of 'the price has been agreed' do you not understand?
    @harveys_gardener No need to be rude. Of course I understand that a fee has been agreed. My opinion / gut feeling is the Aussies are playing a waiting game until Duchatelet lowers the price.
    I am not being rude MrDick, just taking to task people who regurgitate 'gut feelings' as facts or opinions without any evidence or logic. I have put forward theories like a Lookman delay but backed it with a reasoned argument.
  • no proof they have funds just an echo on a long distance phone call

Except that both the club and the ELF were happy that they had the funds.

Helloooooooooooooo?
  • JamesSeed said:

no proof they have funds just an echo on a long distance phone call

Helloooooooooooooo?
    The club lies. How do you know the ELF were satisfied?
  • JamesSeed said:

no proof they have funds just an echo on a long distance phone call

Helloooooooooooooo?
    The club lies. How do you know the ELF were satisfied?
    The KLF would be more useful
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!