Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited August 2018
  • Sadly we've got enough badly run clubs now to form a division of their own...

Yes, CAFC's been shafted but there's Blackpool, Orient, Coventry, Sunderland... (and not quite on the same scale: Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Villa...

And I'm sure there are four or five obvious ones I've forgotten
  • Sadly we've got enough badly run clubs now to form a division of their own...

Yes, CAFC's been shafted but there's Blackpool, Orient, Coventry, Sunderland... (and not quite on the same scale: Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Villa...

Sunderland are fine now.
  • Glovepup said:

Do the Australians have funds? Could this be the hold up, is the asking price too high? If they do buy the club, will they have money to turn things around?

Why dont Roland and his lackies just say that then... Of course they wont know the details yet all they need to say is: "The issue is with the Aussies" and thats it, its off their plate and the buck isnt passed to the EFL

The way Airman's source has spoken makes it sound as though its Roland holding something up his end
    I know a few on here that would like to shove something up his end!
  • JamesSeed said:

Sadly we've got enough badly run clubs now to form a division of their own...

Sunderland are fine now.
    Would say Leeds / Villa / Forest are too
  • Last day of holibobs in Bali really hoped it would all be over when i got back, sadly a long way off still.
  • It seems we have:-
    1. Ozzies haven't the funds
    2. It's with EFL
    3. EFL have rejected someone
    4. Arguing over price
    5. Ozzies have scarpered
    6. Directors' loans need settling

Can the moderators do a countback, declare a winner and close the thread. I have already wasted months of my life reading speculative rubbish here.
  • There are 3 scenarios in my eyes - the Aussies only have the money to implement their plans if Rd reduces his price from that agreed. The 2nd mystery party will pay the price and have the funds going forwards but are waiting possibly for another sale to go through. The Aussies have been colluding with rd all along to stave off protests and bump up price.

I think the last conspiracy theory is a bit far fetched but haven't ruled it out completely but I think 1 and 2 are likely so I'm really starting to think our hopes depend on the mystery brits 'chain' being freed up
  • It seems we have:-
    1. Ozzies haven't the funds
    2. It's with EFL
    3. EFL have rejected someone
    4. Arguing over price
    5. Ozzies have scarpered
    6. Directors' loans need settling

Can the moderators do a countback, declare a winner and close the thread. I have already wasted months of my life reading speculative rubbish here.

Pay attention. You’ve forgotten the missing documents.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD appoints Burger Boy CEO, we stay with his shared CFO. Staff get their bonus paid and the EFL will go away ---- we carry on to the road to oblivion

NLA the Aussies don't have the money for phone calls these days ---- someone tell em about Skype
  • Sorry for being an idiot but what does ODT stand for
  • Gammon said:

Sorry for being an idiot but what does ODT stand for

Owners and Directors Test - fit and proper.
  • Apologies if already posted but a really left-sided guess here and what if the hold up was the potential for a further windfall from the sale of lookman (15% of the profit between the sale figure and £7.5m charlton sold him for) ? The lookman sale doesn’t seem to be happening now so that might clear the last hurdle, if that were to be the case.
  • Apologies if already posted but a really left-sided guess here and what if the hold up was the potential for a further windfall from the sale of lookman (15% of the profit between the sale figure and £7.5m charlton sold him for) ? The lookman sale doesn’t seem to be happening now so that might clear the last hurdle, if that were to be the case.

Anyone would think that all RD thinks about is money,,,tsk,,tsk :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• LTGTR if you'd being paying attention to the last 1221 pages, I posted that theory over a month ago.
  • GDay mate ,Aussie helpline here ...... what’s the problem Charlton Fans. Please form a que.
  • If Duchatelet was lying, where does Murray fit into it, would he have known that while telling us take over was very near?, or would he have been in the dark over it, meaning he has been made to look a fool
  • Pretty clear any takeover is off.

Fans will abandon hope, and the club with it, or continue to fight as best they can.

This will probably end with the closure of the club altogether, or if we are very lucky indeed administration and some kind of rescue package.

The question from now on is do we die with a whimper, or if we are destined to die do we go with a bang?

Collectively and individually I hope fans are able to mark the closing down of the club as dramatically as possible.

Duchatelet will remain and oversee our death, no rescue of any kind in sight. Those who deliberately or innocently have a different narrative are being manipulated because of the triumph of time.

• I hope the talked of two loans go through quick as I can see RD pulling the plug on them after the demonstrations tomorrow
  • seth plum said:

Pretty clear any takeover is off.

Fans will abandon hope, and the club with it, or continue to fight as best they can.

This will probably end with the closure of the club altogether, or if we are very lucky indeed administration and some kind of rescue package.

The question from now on is do we die with a whimper, or if we are destined to die do we go with a bang?

Collectively and individually I hope fans are able to mark the closing down of the club as dramatically as possible.

Duchatelet will remain and oversee our death, no rescue of any kind in sight. Those who deliberately or innocently have a different narrative are being manipulated because of the triumph of time.

Who stole your marbles happy fella
  • T_C_E said:

Addickted said:

T_C_E said:

Addickted said:

T_C_E said:

pressure is building from a number of angles, staff, EFL, media, ROT, tomorrow's protest. Just hope we are entering the end game.

Not forgetting hotel stayen gets regularly fully booked. ;)
    In about an hour, all the Sky rooms will become available for this weekend.

Just in case anybody is thinking of booking them.
    Just got a nice message from Tripadvisor thanking me for the feedback on the hotel. :)
    I'd add one, but unfortunately, I've had to cancel my last 31 bookings at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances.
    :)
    Brilliant TCE, mattress not suitable for practising a Boston Crab then :joy:
  • seth plum said:

Pretty clear any takeover is off.

Not off, just on hold until Duchatelet lowers his asking price. At some point he’s going to have to cut his losses. What other alternatives are there apart from some mug agreeing to pay in excess if £40m
  • Depressing news it seems but money talks

WIOTOS

SISS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!