Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Off_it said:

I've said it before & I'll say it again..........IF and its a big IF, the Aussies are simply delaying the purchase so that they dont have to pay now & are waiting until December then that is a very high risk strategy. We all know that we are short on players NOW and that by January we could be well off the pace in terms of table position. Surely the quicker you buy the club the quicker you can sort out the problems - get players in before the loan window shuts & give yourself half a chance to be top 6/top 10 by January when you can re-assess and then buy the players you need. As every game passess & we don't win then we are getting worse.

as I said...........its a big IF...........and if true then they are more foolish than I ever thought possible.

Are you SURE you're a financial advisor? Only you seem to have a very very short term attitude to life.

If you were advising a client about an investment would you always be looking for the immediate short term answer?
    Most financial advisers look to the short term, cos it gets their commission payed into their bank accounts quicker.
  • Looked him up on LinkedIn but his profile has been deleted. No chance of using Lusha!!
  • razil said:

Another thing he said last night was the second bidder would submit papers immediately and swiftly if/when they moved

How would he know that?
    Muzza ?

If it is Murray why did the party stop talking then come back. He's a director.
    I think I was speculating that perhaps Murray is involved in the mysterious second bidder. I certainly think it’s the sort of thing he might do. Not as a major player perhaps but even to fascilitate a deal. Keeps him at the top table ? Perhaps the bid is less than the Aussies and is a fallback position for Duchatelet. I accept that flies in the face of LdT saying it was effectively a race. A bloody slow one at that.

In fact they are making great progress - all parties.

I hear they are surmounting half the problems between where they're at and a done deal at a fairly rapid rate of knots. I have every confidence they will continue to surmount half the problems they face at any given point. So confident in fact, that i think they will start solving half the problems in half the time it took them to solve half the problems previously AND on an ongoing basis. Probably exponentially.
    I half expected that!
  • edited August 2018
    We are next topic on talksport shortly
  • Off_it said:

I've said it before & I'll say it again..........IF and its a big IF, the Aussies are simply delaying the purchase so that they dont have to pay now & are waiting until December then that is a very high risk strategy. We all know that we are short on players NOW and that by January we could be well off the pace in terms of table position. Surely the quicker you buy the club the quicker you can sort out the problems - get players in before the loan window shuts & give yourself half a chance to be top 6/top 10 by January when you can re-assess and then buy the players you need. As every game passess & we don't win then we are getting worse.

as I said...........its a big IF...........and if true then they are more foolish than I ever thought possible.

Are you SURE you're a financial advisor? Only you seem to have a very very short term attitude to life.

If you were advising a client about an investment would you always be looking for the immediate short term answer?
    Most financial advisers look to the short term, cos it gets their commission payed into their bank accounts quicker.
    That is an incredibly sweeping generalisation that is not at all correct.
  • Doing it out of spite pops up again.

• Jim needs to start putting the heat on Richard Murray.
  • Croydon said:

Off_it said:

That is an incredibly sweeping generalisation that is not at all correct.
    A little facetious on my part maybe.

However, the experience I have (as a customer) dealing with people in insurance, mortgage brokers and banks etc. is generally bad. It seems to me brokers are always trying to max out on their profit at my cost. Have you tried renewing an insurance policy lately?

Apologies to you if you are in the trade and a honest broker as they say.
  • Sponsored links:

• anything from the Aussies then @JamesSeed
  • WSS said:
    the club telling lies.............surely not.

I think @Henry Irving needs to change his " WIOTOS".
  • WSS said:

Bloody hell. That’s big news if true. Wtf is going on.
  • Do the Australians have funds? Could this be the hold up, is the asking price too high? If they do buy the club, will they have money to turn things around?
  • I have heard 2 separate rumours that the Aussie deal is dead. Also you have to ask yourself, if they were still keen why have none of them watched any games since the Shrewbury games.
  • WSS said:

If I had £1 for everytime someone has misunderstood WIOTOS I could buy Charlton myself
  • Rothko said:

anything from the Aussies then @JamesSeed

My restraining order against them is still in force.

Joking apart, I think GM has had a break (I know, I know), but they do seem to be keeping a massively low profile at the moment.
    They are being kept informed about latest developments (not just by me of course). I still haven’t heard anything recently since ‘it’ll be worthwhile in the end’.

My belief is that they’re close, and they don’t want to risk jeopardising anything by breaking NDA.

That’s a guess.
  • Glovepup said:

Do the Australians have funds? Could this be the hold up, is the asking price too high? If they do buy the club, will they have money to turn things around?

Why dont Roland and his lackies just say that then... Of course they wont know the details yet all they need to say is: "The issue is with the Aussies" and thats it, its off their plate and the buck isnt passed to the EFL

The way Airman's source has spoken makes it sound as though its Roland holding something up his end
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

If I had £1 for everytime someone has misunderstood WIOTOS I could buy Charlton myself
    Ah, the Bromley consortium rumour resurfaces. ;)
  • If the club is indeed telling lies about the EFL documents then surely it’s with the complicity of the Australians in order to obscure from perhaps their inability to complete their consortium or something else or CAFC are deliberately looking to make it look like the delay is with the Aussies.

If it’s the latter then perhaps the Australians might think it the right time to make a statement. If I’m being honest I think the former is unfortunately more likely.

Whatever the reason. It stinks the house out.
  • @Airman Brown as far as you know, is your source different to that of @Addickted ? If so, then it is absolute dynamite.
  • WSS said:
    Interesting, I can't see the EFL intervening on the bonuses issue, but they won't like being used in this way if it's untrue
  • The reason the club has not been sold is that Duchatelet wants too much money and no one will pay it. That's all there is to it. Everything else is noise.

maybe we could just delete every other comment apart from above and close thread ...whilst its stating the bloomin obvious it would save us the pain
  • WSS said:
    Interesting, I can't see the EFL intervening on the bonuses issue, but they won't like being used in this way if it's untrue
    And furthermore I would think that to reveal the status of the ODT of a buyer must be a breach of the relevant NDA with the buyer. If the statement is untrue, the club's behaviour beggars belief.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!