Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• WSS said:
    the club telling lies.............surely not.

I think @Henry Irving needs to change his " WIOTOS".
    If I had £1 for everytime someone has misunderstood WIOTOS I could buy Charlton myself
    Twice then.
  • The reason the club has not been sold is that Duchatelet wants too much money and no one will pay it. That's all there is to it. Everything else is noise.

This is most likely true. By May 18th the price was agreed, although ‘a couple of backers had to sign off on it’. Perhaps these backers were the more realistic ones, and maybe they’ve reduced the offer and are waiting for RD to agree to their revised offer.

Roland, enraged, is doing anything in his power to attract a higher bid, hence all the cuts, alongside allowing Bowyer to try to get in one or two players.

So it’s a wait and see. Hopefully, if this scenario is true, Roland will crack, accepting a loss (yippee!), and the Aussies will have more to invest in moving the club forwards, as the upfront cost will have been reduced.
  • I take it then that nothing will happen until the Shitweasel has an epiphany resulting in his re-engaging with reality and dropping the ridiculous asking price for what is now a husk of a once prestigious club that is currently losing money hand over fist due to his disastrous stewardship.

Shan't be holding my breath, in that case.....

So, we are where we have always been under this greedy, incompetent, deluded Shitweasel of an owner.....screwed. His arrogance and pride mean that he is unlikely to budge, he'll just make the club suffer even more to punish us all for HIS failure.

Absolutely depressing and utterly predictable.
  • @Airman Brown as far as you know, is your source different to that of @Addickted ? If so, then it is absolute dynamite.

Yes.
    So are you therefore of the understanding that in fact the Aussies cleared the ODT several weeks ago? ( that's what the other source told @Addickted )

• lolwray said:

The reason the club has not been sold is that Duchatelet wants too much money and no one will pay it. That's all there is to it. Everything else is noise.

maybe we could just delete every other comment apart from above and close thread ...whilst its stating the bloomin obvious it would save us the pain
    Allied that to the fact that nobody knows how much he is asking for the club we might as well delete Airman's comment. He's probably right but its no more fact than anything else.
  • Saying it’s not true isn’t enough we need to know the actual truth too
  • @Airman Brown as far as you know, is your source different to that of @Addickted ? If so, then it is absolute dynamite.

Yes.
    So are you therefore of the understanding that in fact the Aussies cleared the ODT several weeks ago? ( that's what the other source told @Addickted )

They have not said there is a current problem with the ODT.
  • I cannot think of any other club that has gone through what we have in the last 4 years!!! The Arsenal fans moaning about Wenger, Newcastle fans moaning about Mike Ashley .....nothing in comparison to us!

In fairness I still think Blackpool is worse. But we now are clear second. That is how Blackpool see us - as well as being the most resolute campaigners.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Saying it’s not true isn’t enough we need to know the actual truth too

We do but they won’t have the full picture, which is why they want to meet the club. I am quite confident now there is a gap between what the Aussies are wiling to pay and what he wants.
  • razil said:

We do but they won’t have the full picture, which is why they want to meet the club. I am quite confident now there is a gap between what the Aussies are wiling to pay and what he wants.
    What, if anything, can the EFL do about that though?
  • Scoham said:

razil said:

Nothing but they can’t allow the current level of disarray either.
    And what about the mystery second party? Can the EFL confirm if they actually exist?
  • pressure is building from a number of angles, staff, EFL, media, ROT, tomorrow's protest. Just hope we are entering the end game.

Not forgetting hotel stayen gets regularly fully booked. ;)
  • If we want to independently get in touch with the EFL to register our concerns does anyone have best contact details ? Perhaps a few dozen e mails or letters might tweak their interest particularly as this is now getting quite a lot of media coverage.
  • razil said:

Needs a concrete statement rejecting the club’s assertion without room for interpretation/wriggle room
  • Sponsored links:

• pressure is building from a number of angles, staff, EFL, media, ROT, tomorrow's protest. Just hope we are entering the end game.

I wouldn’t hold your breath ...
  • I am all for the Staff and the bonus payment, would striking tomorrow put more pressure on them - or cost Douchbag more?
  • cafc83 said:

It does seem like things are coming to a head this week, with each additional development increasing the pressure on Duchatelet. He now has the national media, the EFL, the fans, the club staff and political adversaries (both foreign in ROT, and domestic in local MP and councilors) on his case.

If the EFL has no current issues with the Aussie documents (two separate sources confirming as much now) then the club is lying when it states that the Aussies are still to submit documents to the EFL, or at the very list obfuscating.

As others have said, this smacks of Duchatelet holding out for every penny he can get but not wanting to admit that openly, with it being far easier to blame the 'Aussies' for the delay than himself. To do so would be a tacit admission of failure and desperation on his part, and the guy is so egocentric and obdurate when it comes to his own self worth and intelligence that he would avoid that at all costs.

My worry is that he is quite capable of letting this continue on for a good while yet, regardless of the damage to the club in the interim. He simply does not care about the club in all of this, the people, the fans, none of it. Just his bank balance.

I posted above. If the club is lying then why havn’t the Aussies called him out on it ? My guess is because that statement is agreed by both parties. We really need to find out why.

• Scoham said:

razil said:

Nothing but they can’t allow the current level of disarray either.
    I’m sure they could come up with a “bringing the game into disrepute” charge if the club was deliberately lying about the EFLs position in this.

They won’t, but I’m sure it’s possible.
  • cafc83 said:

It does seem like things are coming to a head this week, with each additional development increasing the pressure on Duchatelet. He now has the national media, the EFL, the fans, the club staff and political adversaries (both foreign in ROT, and domestic in local MP and councilors) on his case.

If the EFL has no current issues with the Aussie documents (two separate sources confirming as much now) then the club is lying when it states that the Aussies are still to submit documents to the EFL, or at the very list obfuscating.

As others have said, this smacks of Duchatelet holding out for every penny he can get but not wanting to admit that openly, with it being far easier to blame the 'Aussies' for the delay than himself. To do so would be a tacit admission of failure and desperation on his part, and the guy is so egocentric and obdurate when it comes to his own self worth and intelligence that he would avoid that at all costs.

My worry is that he is quite capable of letting this continue on for a good while yet, regardless of the damage to the club in the interim. He simply does not care about the club in all of this, the people, the fans, none of it. Just his bank balance.

I posted above. If the club is lying then why havn’t the Aussies called him out on it ? My guess is because that statement is agreed by both parties. We really need to find out why.

More likely that there is an NDA in place stopping the Aussies making any statement that is not signed off by RD.
  • cafc83 said:

Well we know via JamesSeed that there is a NDA in place, but that does not explain why the club can say something but the Aussies cannot as it would cover the actions of bother parties. So I think you could well be right with what you say above. If that is so, then this make no sense at all.
  • edited August 2018

cafc83 said:

More likely that there is an NDA in place stopping the Aussies making any statement that is not signed off by RD.
    Can’t see an NDA holding up if the other party were deliberately spreading lies about the other. It’s probably illegal. It’s why I think the Aussies are complicit

• It would amount to libel if so, would it not?
  • cafc83 said:

It would amount to libel if so, would it not?

Can't see how it's libellous.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!