Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Mametz said:

Bowyer has clearly done well on limited resources. However the lack of drive and resources whilst Roland holds the purse strings means this uplift can only be temporary and therefore my boycott will remain in place until he buggers off.

Hopefully the recent run of form may remind some well intentioned, interested and reasonably well financed individual or group of the potential of our club and take control.

After failing to sell the club as a third tier going concern the question is now, does Roland realise that his best chance of getting rid is as a Championship 2nd tier status?

If so we can only hope he retains the best players. He won't spend because as he rightly said, we are past the point of no return.

If he sends us into further abiss by selling all the assets and no promotion this season, then we will be finished and a hit man should be sent to Belgium.
  • Mr @Ferryman you really don't even want to be making jokes like that. ;)
  • I said no takeover a long time ago.
  • Roland really is the (pantomime?) villain in all of this;
    poor business practice buying without proper due diligence
    poor business practice trying to run us with an incompetent CEO, who was about as much use as Tinkerbell, & now no CEO
    Poor business practice in setting an unrealistic price for a business he has devalued

How much longer before we can all chorus "HE'S BEHIND US!"?
    Do we have to wait for Mother Goose to turn up with a golden egg to buy us?
  • Nothing a-tingling here, I'm afraid.

Too much Prosecco!
  • There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

I ended my boycott yesterday. I've just plain missed it.

I will not stop protesting. ROT is still very much alive.
    What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
  • Shame, was there not one Limbugan who could have stood?
  • Unfortunately not.
  • I said no takeover a long time ago.

Not as long ago as I did. I said it 1000+ pages ago.

I think I made a bet with someone that he would sell for at least 50M or not sell in 2018 because no one will meet his price. I think I am close to winning that one. I would go back and check but it's too depressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I said it longer ago than anyone, I win.
  • RedJohn said:

I said it longer ago than anyone, I win.

That's true. You said the day after he bought the club.
  • RedJohn said:

I said it longer ago than anyone, I win.

My dog has got bigger bollocks
  • 5 Years ago today, we were taken over by a Belgian millionaire........

And the nightmare began....
  • edited December 2018

5 Years ago today, we were taken over by a Belgian millionaire........

Far from a millionaire.

Prick begins with a P not an M
  • Stig said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
    ROT were not allowed to field a candidate, I believe, which is a real shame as I thought it was a great idea.
    This is not the case ,but maybe someone can tell you/us the true story.
  • Sponsored links:

Well, five years ago for the first reports that he was buying. It took another week for confirmation. Oh those heady days when we were excited about the prospect of being owned by an overseas investor with plenty of cash. How little we knew about just how skewed his cash to sense ratio was. Such sad times.
  • Stig said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

se9addick said:

ROT were not allowed to field a candidate, I believe, which is a real shame as I thought it was a great idea.
    This is not the case ,but maybe someone can tell you/us the true story.
    Well, it is the case, there's a pretty good explanation here, although I see you commented on the thread, so maybe you forgot the details, or are you suggesting it was less than honest? @Lewis Coaches

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3325876#Comment_3325876
  • One year ago today it was announced KM was leaving and confirmed the club was for sale.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a44d28b9c696/katrien-meire-to-stand-down-as-charlton-athletic-ceo
  • https://www.castrust.org/2018/12/what-do-you-want-to-know-about-the-sale-of-the-club/

A Fans Forum meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday January 9th so that the club can update supporters on any progress towards a sale.

CAST will be present at the meeting. Please let us know any questions which you would like us to ask by writing to secretary@castrust.org.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-in-urgent-need-of-january-transfer-window-signings/

But Bowyer said: “I don’t think anything has changed. I’ve not heard anything so I assume we’re in the same situation [under a tighter budget under owner Roland Duchatelet].

“There is nothing we can do and change. I don’t really get involved in it [takeover talks] until something happens. At the moment nothing seems to be happening.”
  • Is it some sort of anniversary today?
  • Scoham said:

One year ago today it was announced KM was leaving and confirmed the club was for sale.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a44d28b9c696/katrien-meire-to-stand-down-as-charlton-athletic-ceo

And I was singing and dancing round the living room in Brasil thinking we'll be sold in weeks.

How wrong I was.
  • I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.
  • I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.

Bowyer would not leave regardless of who we sold. He's grateful to have this job.

Bowyer would not leave regardless of who we sold. He's grateful to have this job.
    I doubt it I know bowyer has got some championship clubs looking at him
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!