Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Scoham said:
    Well left is Steve Avory, Johnny Williams and academy staff and top right looks like referee assessors. So that leaves two random blokes, who could just be fans.
  • edited January 2019
    I presume they sat where they did not to attract attention. Probably no nearer than it was before - we know there are interested parties and no great surprise they might want to take in a game or two.
  • It’s the Aussies who need to show proof of funding within next 48 hours. Simon Jordan being quite cynical. I agree with him.
  • Just listening to it now.
  • please let it be true this time
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

and Jonny Williams in the cap (coming in on loan)

Good player.Just what we need ATM.
    When linked with us before, didn't he say "I'm a Palace player, so I won't play for them" ?
  • On Jimmy Seeds thread for guessing the date of sale I choose 4th January 2019 I think I’m right in saying. On that basis there’s no chance of it being done in 48 hours.
  • buckshee said:

and Jonny Williams in the cap (coming in on loan)

Good player.Just what we need ATM.
    When linked with us before, didn't he say "I'm a Palace player, so I won't play for them" ?
    People will say a lot of things when they think they have plenty of options
  • We are all being played again.
    However on the basis it's the hope that kills you, do we have the pop up party at the gates of Sparrows Land of the gates of the Valley?
  • good point that Gary.
  • Just curious, why would Jim White have 'inside' information. Are we all chasing echoes of the Rick Everitt rumour?
  • edited January 2019

Just curious, why would Jim White have 'inside' information.

Best mates with Roland, indeed they have quite a bromance thing going on :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• On Jimmy Seeds thread for guessing the date of sale I choose 4th January 2019 I think I’m right in saying. On that basis there’s no chance of it being done in 48 hours.

That would be the greatest birthday present ever.
  • (Sings) We've only, 72 hours of Roly.

I'll get my coat.
  • I got wind of this latest news a few days back.....but because of all the false dawns I was very very reluctant to mention it. Glad someone else has picked up on it and had the bottle to run with it. All I can say is it confirms what I heard.
    Still not nailed on of course but another glimmer of hope with fairly reasonable legs has been lit.

I think there could be some lit legs to this story, my sauce told me there'd be a nailed on, on fire Australian in the crowd today.
    "Sauce"? Tomato or brown? What's an "on fire" Australian? Please, remember there are some on here well over the age of consent who have a little difficulty with the latest 'in' phrases - so may need translation
  • Operation Bellend 1 2 3 in the "pending" tray .
  • edited January 2019

As we have gone off-piste, can I just suggest some dramatic action to get this sale done ?

Picking two CL regulars that I know, to go to the Belgium Bunker as Doves not Hawkes.

The Shitweasel Douchebag
    Mr Duchatelet needs an exit plan where he can save face. Give him a list of the four players who will help this squad get promoted. Keeper, left back, midfield and decent extra striker. Point out that a Championship club in a tourist hotspot is worth 35k unlike a 3rd tier which is worth 18k if your lucky.

Covered end and Fanny Fanackapan would be my choice, both with unblemished loyalty to CAFC and hard but fair reputations.
    Best they don't go in the pub first as both of them like a tipple.

Lateral thinking is needed now as the future of Cafc is at stake. Let Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice of CL do their best.

If that fails then the methods of Mad Frankie Fraser may be worth considering.

On Jimmy Seeds thread for guessing the date of sale I choose 4th January 2019 I think I’m right in saying. On that basis there’s no chance of it being done in 48 hours.

There a chance, in years to come that you could be mentioned in the same breath as Mystic Meg and Russell Grant.

Shooters hill Guru, aptly named.
    4/1/2019 a date which may become as famous as 5/12/92.
  • Just curious, why would Jim White have 'inside' information. Are we all chasing echoes of the Rick Everitt rumour?

I don't know what you're chasing, but I've had no contact with JW since Christmas. I haven't mentioned 72 hours, on here or elsewhere (for obvious reasons), but I have heard similar.

Understand JW said they still have to show proof of funds. Hmmm.
    Still have to show proof of funds !!!!!!!

Can’t see this being anything close to 72 hours.

I don't know what you're chasing, but I've had no contact with JW since Christmas. I haven't mentioned 72 hours, on here or elsewhere (for obvious reasons), but I have heard similar.

Understand JW said they still have to show proof of funds. Hmmm.
    Still have to show proof of funds !!!!!!!

Can’t see this being anything close to 72 hours.

This, no way it's nearly done if we don't even have proof of funds.
  • My guess now is that the bodies that were shown round the training ground and watched the game are just possible investors that the Aussies are trying to get on board. If Jim White is saying that proof of funds are still not provided then I suspect we are still months away if ever with the Aussies.

Going back to disappointment mode.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!