Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• No further clues yet then? Could be anyone. Did anyone notice any unusual new comers in the West stand?
  • Uboat said:

Still not nailed on of course but another glimmer of hope with fairly reasonable legs has been lit.

Imagine someone learning English trying to translate that.
    Arson
  • shirty5 said:

Uboat said:

Still not nailed on of course but another glimmer of hope with fairly reasonable legs has been lit.

Arson
    Wenger

• shirty5 said:

Uboat said:

Arson
    Wenger

Boys are coming
  • shirty5 said:

Uboat said:

Arson
    Wenger

Omg @SoundAsa£

Your mind works the same way as Elfs 🤪

• Sponsored links:

• I got wind a few days back

I think that’s what you really meant!
    Certainly sounds a lot more plausible.
  • Bit disappointed that nobody heard anything this afternoon. Fans Forum just a week away now. I hope we have our questions sorted out. LVT can’t trot out that there are five groups interested and Aussies favourite yet again. Although I suspect that’s exactly what he’ll say.
  • Harold Bishop and Lou Carpenter in a consortium with Paul Robinson.

Lassiters to be the new sponsor

Bouncer the mascot
  • False dawn again .
  • Bit disappointed that nobody heard anything this afternoon. Fans Forum just a week away now. I hope we have our questions sorted out. LVT can’t trot out that there are five groups interested and Aussies favourite yet again. Although I suspect that’s exactly what he’ll say.

Yes he can ... and will.
  • edited January 2019

I got wind of this latest news a few days back.....but because of all the false dawns I was very very reluctant to mention it. Glad someone else has picked up on it and had the bottle to run with it. All I can say is it confirms what I heard.

I think there could be some lit legs to this story, my sauce told me there'd be a nailed on, on fire Australian in the crowd today.
  • False dawn again .

????
  • Wow,what a surprise,news of the takeover emerging,just a week before the next fans forum. Spooky. How stupid does Douche think us plebs are?

Very.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

I got wind of this latest news a few days back.....but because of all the false dawns I was very very reluctant to mention it. Glad someone else has picked up on it and had the bottle to run with it. All I can say is it confirms what I heard.

And the the winner of ' Most mixed metaphors in a single post, 2019', goes to...
    'No brainer'
  • 2 players coming in.. (i assuming on loan)
  • edited January 2019
    Even if the new sale is BS, given that three quarters of the squad are out of contract in June, a canny owner might finance a proper push for top two with the aim of getting rid of us quicker.

If he does sell, ending his tenure giving a manager money to spend might undo some of his legacy of pissing money up the wall to no effect.
  • Wow,what a surprise,news of the takeover emerging,just a week before the next fans forum. Spooky. How stupid does Douche think us plebs are?

He’s said it before ... all football fans are ill educated ... he truly believes that he can pull the wool over our eyes yet again.

The man is an arrogant prat ... unfortunately he is also rich, so can do what he wants with our club.
  • stonemuse said:

Wow,what a surprise,news of the takeover emerging,just a week before the next fans forum. Spooky. How stupid does Douche think us plebs are?

He’s said it before ... all football fans are ill educated ... he truly believes that he can pull the wool over our eyes yet again.

The man is an arrogant prat ... unfortunately he is also rich, so can do what he wants with our club.
    True, but he also believes that he has done well by the club and that the criticism is unfounded. He can rightly point to signings he has made that have cost a lot either in fees or salary, and in some cases both.

I would not put it past him to make a mark purchase to put his tenure in a good light.

May I be the first to say that if he does in fact do this I would have to reconsider my views on his ownership and put him into possibly the best owner we have ever had categories.

As long as he sells, obviously.
  • Takeover* imminent.

*disappointment.
  • edited January 2019
    What stage are we at in the takeover cycle? If I remember right, there were six stages...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!