Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:

So going by JW we should hear from now... in the next 39 to 63hrs... and counting down..

He said 48 hours, then ‘48 / 72 hours - the man was clearly guessing !
    Sorry Roland
  • Rudders22 said:

So going by JW we should hear from now... in the next 39 to 63hrs... and counting down..

Nice knickname btw :)
  • he's never been away from twitter and it's not him posting on here but someone else lifting it from twitter so no, he's not back

He's blocked me so I couldn't tell ya. If you don't agree with him or question him your blocked. Can't stand people like that
    Ha! James O'Brien of LBC infamy did exactly the same to me when I told him he was a narcissist and that I found his self-righteous campaign nauseating! :smiley:
  • Rudders22 said:

I’m not coz I don’t think it’s going to happen ... just a gut feeling
  • Mmmmnn....where’s that slimey bite sized thread now huh?

• I’ve taken a lot of stick from a few people over this takeover, during the past months, basically for passing on info. That’s fine, I’ve learned to see the funny side. But no-one died, it’s only football. If it happens, it happens, if not we live to fight another day. #cafc
    He's taken some stick?
    He should spend a day in my suede loafers, being a fashion guru is bloody hard work. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies for skipping hundreds of pages of this thread.

I just want the truth ( I know you’ll say .... you can’t handle the truth!)

But my son tells me Jim White reckons a sale is going ahead in the next 48 hours, is this rumour a load of old shergar, or does it have legs?

Thanks for your help in anticipation (every transfer window for I don’t know how long we’ve been linked with a takeover that falls flat at the end).
  • Chizz said:

I just checked again to make sure I heard exactly what JW said about the timescale. Because some people seem to think he said it will be done in the next "48 hours" and some think he said "72 hours" and some still aren't sure. So I checked and it's absolutely clear. He said "the deal should be completed, as long as there are no snags and no other issues come up, some time in the next 48 to 72 months".

I think “before the weekend” is probably the basis of it and that is what he will have been told.
    48 hours is an eternity in radio land. The only listeners that will remember that section of 10 minutes in a week will be a few Charlton who have either tuned in or linked to via a forum. Not many in the grand scheme of things, although we all would like it to be different.
    Journalists talk about the present not the future.
  • That gives me a blank screen @Henry Irving , is that a deliberate post-modern joke?
  • Sponsored links:

But my son tells me Jim White reckons a sale is going ahead in the next 48 hours, is this rumour a load of old shergar, or does it have legs?

Thanks for your help in anticipation (every transfer window for I don’t know how long we’ve been linked with a takeover that falls flat at the end).

We don't know. But we do know Jim White is in contact with RD.

We do know RD picked Jim White up at Brussels (I presume) airport, took Jim to lunch and gave Jim an interview some months back.

We do know RD gave Jim White a promised radio interview just before Xmas.

So I presume Jim White is likely to be best informed, as to what might be happening.

We do know RD picked Jim White up at Brussels (I presume) airport, took Jim to lunch and gave Jim an interview some months back.

So I presume Jim White is likely to be best informed, as to what might be happening.
    Much like Richard Murray about a year ago now.
    If he managed to pull the wool over old Muzzas eyes back then bed wetting Jim White will be a piece of pi55!

Most likely to have Duchatelet's version of what is happening
    Definitely RD's version.

Much like Richard Murray about a year ago now.
    If he managed to pull the wool over old Muzzas eyes back then bed wetting Jim White will be a piece of pi55!
    Definitely maybe.
  • edited January 2019
    What’s BDL’s tweet about Murray mean ?

Dave Lockwood

@BigDL
    ·

We've been here before. Though I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm hoping that rumours of Murray outstaying his welcome aren't true. #cafc
  • Seems like BDL is implying he has heard rumours that RM is involved with whoever is taking over. And in doing so he has just started the rumour that RM is involved..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!