Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019

I think “by anybody in authority” are the key words in Rich’s original tweet.
  • Rumour from someone in Australia that the money is someone called Mike Cannon-Brookes who made his money in IT software.

Said to be worth £906m in 2006.

Can't reveal my source obviously.

His up to date net worth is 5 billion USD apparently.
    That’ll do nicely!!!

• Airman do you think they are minted?.

I was told the younger Aussie is loaded but what that means relative to, say, RD, who knows?
    is it cannon-brooks and farquhar that would be something else. had the pleasure of working for those guys and they are minted and pretty cool guys. both in late 30s however
  • Can't find anything on him re Aussie Football. Next.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

How exactly does this square with the “new owners” being introduced as such at the training ground ?

Who to exactly ?

Each other.
    So Rick has told me that they were introduced to at least one staff member and other staff members have confirmed this.
    As we wouldn't want any member of staff getting into any trouble, it's probably best to leave it there and no I don't know any names.
    Bruce, this is Richard Murray. Richard, this is Bruce. Right, pub anyone?
    Sexist!

Bruce's PA, Sheila, was also there.
  • Definitely Varney.
  • I've accepted that the players are much younger than me.

I've come to realise that that now applies to the managers.

But now it's the bloody owner!

Henry, apart from me, everybody is younger than you :smiley:
  • I've accepted that the players are much younger than me.

Welcome to the over the hill club :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

I've accepted that the players are much younger than me.

Welcome to the over the hill club :wink:
    Well have to start Charlton Life Bingo on a Wednesday evening
  • Is there a Whoosh missing here somewhere?
  • masicat said:

Definitely Varney.

masicat said:

Definitely Varney.

??
  • I met Mike Cannon-Brookes (very briefly) once while touring Atlassian’s awesome SanFran headquarters and I have his email. I just left him an email message mentioning the rumour. I doubt I will hear back if anything is actually happening but if it’s blatently false, maybe I will. We will see. Honestly, given the slowdown in tech the last two months, I would think he would have other things on his mind than turning around a League One football club in England.

as i say his the only 30 something mega rich Aussies i know of, well him and Scott. I helped set up their amsterdam hq, with a few really top guys. as part of the recruitment drive i got to speak directly with both and they were really nice to deal with.

if it was them i can imagine theyd be quite likeable, i doubt it is however and im not in the know.
  • edited January 2019
    Would be great of course, but the words "mega rich" weren't mentioned in relation to the 30 something. It also said he was involved in Aussie sport, which as far as i can tell he is not. His name was just mentioned as an example of the few very wealthy people in Aus.
    CAFCDAZ said:

I met Mike Cannon-Brookes (very briefly) once while touring Atlassian’s awesome SanFran headquarters and I have his email. I just left him an email message mentioning the rumour. I doubt I will hear back if anything is actually happening but if it’s blatently false, maybe I will. We will see. Honestly, given the slowdown in tech the last two months, I would think he would have other things on his mind than turning around a League One football club in England.

as i say his the only 30 something mega rich Aussies i know of, well him and Scott. I helped set up their amsterdam hq, with a few really top guys. as part of the recruitment drive i got to speak directly with both and they were really nice to deal with.

if it was them i can imagine theyd be quite likeable, i doubt it is however and im not in the know.
  • Sponsored links:

• I met Mike Cannon-Brookes (very briefly) once while touring Atlassian’s awesome SanFran headquarters and I have his email. I just left him an email message mentioning the rumour. I doubt I will hear back if anything is actually happening but if it’s blatently false, maybe I will. We will see. Honestly, given the slowdown in tech the last two months, I would think he would have other things on his mind than turning around a League One football club in England.

When's the beer meeting?
  • Someone on twitter saying deal signed 8pm tonight annoyed in morning

Blimey didn't take them long to get annoyed. Re-start the thread.
  • edited January 2019

Someone on twitter saying deal signed 8pm tonight annoyed in morning

Don't tell the Rat has nicked all the light fittings :smiley:

You should’ve tried to tweet at him

https://twitter.com/mcannonbrookes
  • Meant to be announced but phone changed it to annoyed.

Got a feeling I will be come 10am tomorrow morning.

• This latest rumour is the same as last years rumours, total tosh.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!