Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

A source on the forum that shall not be named has confirmed the takeover is 100% on and will be completed by Wednesday at the very latest.

Lol I promise it'll be done by either page 1407 or the 14th July.
  • This is the sole reason why I didnt boycott - After five years of having something else to do I probably wouldnt so didnt want to run the risk
    Never understand it and never will, you support the club through thick and thin regardless. How a billionaire will lose sleep over someone’s 250 quid escapes me.Lets be honest he dug his heels in for five years
    True but they've equally stood by something they believe in and you could argue that by boycotting they've helped speed up the sale - Roland is so rich that £250 dont matter if he receives it or not but he's gotten rich by making every penny he can so will always appreciate every penny he gets!!
    But can you get moments back in life by being stubborn. ? He must have done something right life to get the wealth he has,let’s be honest people were doing cartwheels when he bought us and found out his wealth.
    They've not really missed any moments under Roland have they though? - Maybe getting to see a future England star in Defence

End of the day he'd still have reason to be here if he was getting good attendances; with those figures going down it highlighted his failures (like what Muttley mentions) and eventually made him realise there wasnt any reward out of owning us so decided amongst other factors to give up
    I enjoyed JBG, Buyens, Tony Watt in the last few minutes when he took liberties, Jose Riga, bringing Bowyer in, back end of last season, this season has seen of the best football in years
    I'd agree to that in some content... We have seen some very enjoyable football but at the same time there has been an equal amount of bad football i.e. you've got to remember the time under Karel Fraeye as being one of those where Stephen Henderson especially was forced to do that interview after the Huddersfield game when no player should have been put into that situation

Yet as Muttley said, with those good moments came a relegation, and nor did win promotion at any point so those seasons will slowly blur together as the years pass
  • Scoham said:

A source on the forum that shall not be named has confirmed the takeover is 100% on and will be completed by Wednesday at the very latest.

If it's the post I think you are referring to it's merely restating what JW had just said on Talksport.
  • MrLargo said:

If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    Jesus Christ, what planet are you on? He's bank rolled the club because it would go into administration if he didn't continue to keep us afloat and then he'd lose everything he'd put into it.

As for admitting mistakes, I've read that he acknowledges he shouldn't have got involved in football, still waiting for him to admit that emailing tactical advice to a former England international was a bad idea, as were virtually all of his signings, his choice of CEO, his chief scout, his managers, etc, etc, etc. Still waiting for the apology for damaging, perhaps irreparably, a 100 plus year old football club. Definitely wasn't aware that an "open forum" had taken place - I'd have been there like a shot of I'd known about it.

5 years of failure and destruction and there's still people excusing him, unbelievable.
    Is that the England international that fucked up tatics at Bramell Lane that would have got us to the semi finals of the FA Cup. According to some he never put anything into the club but in your own admissions you have stated he has. He has lost millions, his own fault yes, as all other football chairmen, however if you look back at my point how many will return, I put it a very small percentage.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    Jesus Christ, what planet are you on? He's bank rolled the club because it would go into administration if he didn't continue to keep us afloat and then he'd lose everything he'd put into it.

As for admitting mistakes, I've read that he acknowledges he shouldn't have got involved in football, still waiting for him to admit that emailing tactical advice to a former England international was a bad idea, as were virtually all of his signings, his choice of CEO, his chief scout, his managers, etc, etc, etc. Still waiting for the apology for damaging, perhaps irreparably, a 100 plus year old football club. Definitely wasn't aware that an "open forum" had taken place - I'd have been there like a shot of I'd known about it.

5 years of failure and destruction and there's still people excusing him, unbelievable.
    Is that the England international that fucked up tatics at Bramell Lane that would have got us to the semi finals of the FA Cup. According to some he never put anything into the club but in your own admissions you have stated he has. He has lost millions, his own fault yes, as all other football chairmen, however if you look back at my point how many will return, I put it a very small percentage.
    It's the England international that won us League 1 with a record number of points, got is to 9th in the Championship after the previous lot ran out of cash and got is to an FA Cup quarter final. I think you'll find Roland stuck his oar into footballing affairs again for the quarter final itself, hence it went pear-shaped

If you want to give him credit for doing the business equivalent of keeping up the minimum repayments on a credit card then that's up to you.

Obviously everyone's entitled to their own opinion and you're therefore perfectly entitled to slate Chris Powell and send a thank you card to Roland. In my opinion, you need your head examining.
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

It's the England international that won us League 1 with a record number of points, got is to 9th in the Championship after the previous lot ran out of cash and got is to an FA Cup quarter final. I think you'll find Roland stuck his oar into footballing affairs again for the quarter final itself, hence it went pear-shaped

If you want to give him credit for doing the business equivalent of keeping up the minimum repayments on a credit card then that's up to you.

Obviously everyone's entitled to their own opinion and you're therefore perfectly entitled to slate Chris Powell and send a thank you card to Roland. In my opinion, you need your head examining.
    Your last statement sums up the poison in what happens when someone has an opinion that you don’t agree with. What was your opening line on the post prior to that “What plant are you on”. I need say no more.
  • Ferryman said:

Ferryman said:

And if anyone iflrl

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Maybe they don't need to raise finance against the assets, and are happy to let the non-interest bearing loans sit there knowing that should they get to the promised land the first £7m of the £100m+ Prem dividend is used to clear the charges.

We also don't have details of exactly how much they might have paid, and this could have been negotiated down to reflect the outstanding loans.
    Which is what I said months & months ago. The ex-director loans are a drop in the ocean if/when we get to the Pram
    They are only paid back then. No interest due either. Could be in 3 years.....could be in 30 years.

If any owner need a to start taking loans secured on the club/ground then they are not the owner you want.
    When the north end wrap around was built for £9M with a £6M bank loan, wasn't that secured against The Valley?
    The north stand loan has been paid off.
    I know but it was a regime borrowing against the assets.
    Sorry, didn’t read that properly before posting.
  • Aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh
  • Yep we've just been unlucky that Palace are pissing about in the Prem beating Man City and at the same time the scum are playing in the Championship
    and whilst that is happening Roland has given us another opportunity to equal and unless promoted this season create a new club record for ourselves of being in the third tier of English football for 3 seasons or more since we first left it in 1929 .

To me the boycotters are the hero's , everyone who refrained from spending , that twunt would not have left if our club was not losing a large some of money regularly for him , so every bit helps.
    I took the easier option of brain washing my kids and still going .

It's saved me a small fortune in kids kits , matchday programmes , match sponsorship , Valley Gold etc but my Charlton moral compass is different to others .

There was no way that prick was getting dough from me whilst he fucked my club up and turned it in to a laughing stock , I mean we are so pathetic I get pity from palace fans ffs

Sooner he goes the better and I have thought that from very early on in his ownership but then I could see unlike others that this pricks experiment was only heading one way

I wouldn’t worry about the last couple of years, ask them pieces of shit how many times they have won the FA Cup, they have been in our shadow most of our lives and always looked up to us over the last 113 years and not couple, I will take that.
  • edited January 2019
    American money, according to airman

• Sponsored links:

• Yep we've just been unlucky that Palace are pissing about in the Prem beating Man City and at the same time the scum are playing in the Championship
    and whilst that is happening Roland has given us another opportunity to equal and unless promoted this season create a new club record for ourselves of being in the third tier of English football for 3 seasons or more since we first left it in 1929 .

To me the boycotters are the hero's , everyone who refrained from spending , that twunt would not have left if our club was not losing a large some of money regularly for him , so every bit helps.
    I took the easier option of brain washing my kids and still going .

It's saved me a small fortune in kids kits , matchday programmes , match sponsorship , Valley Gold etc but my Charlton moral compass is different to others .

There was no way that prick was getting dough from me whilst he fucked my club up and turned it in to a laughing stock , I mean we are so pathetic I get pity from palace fans ffs

Sooner he goes the better and I have thought that from very early on in his ownership but then I could see unlike others that this pricks experiment was only heading one way

I wouldn’t worry about the last couple of years, ask them pieces of shit how many times they have won the FA Cup, they have been in our shadow most of our lives and always looked up to us over the last 113 years and not couple, I will take that.
    They respond with how many Cup Finals have you witnessed your club in and whats the highest position you've seen your club finish in ... we haven't finished above palace for 11 seasons and counting ......
    In all honesty the scum being above us is the big issue for me but Roland has guaranteed that with his wank ownership

• I won’t be buying a season ticket until I know they share the same feelings as I do for Charlton Athletic.

I can answer that for you.
    An Australian consortium will not share the same feelings as you do for Charlton Athletic.
    However, there are probably few football club owners in the world, that have the same feelings for the club as the fans.
    If that's the football fan's measurement, then few would buy a S/T anywhere.
    Well then, what are the doing buying a third tier football club?
    What’s their motivation?
    5 more year just like the last?
  • J BLOCK said:

American money, according to airman

Where’s this?
  • If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

There Is no defence for what he has done. As a boycotter I have no regrets about that decision, nor would I criticise anyone that continues to go, but trying to rationalise the behaviour of that cu@t ... !!??
    That I understand, but there has been clubs ie Newcastle hated Shepherd, who did they get Ashley, bottom line is you support the team threw thick and thin, owners are players and managers they come and go, so are shit some are great others defy believe, but more importantly you stick by the team and club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!