Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Yep we've just been unlucky that Palace are pissing about in the Prem beating Man City and at the same time the scum are playing in the Championship
    and whilst that is happening Roland has given us another opportunity to equal and unless promoted this season create a new club record for ourselves of being in the third tier of English football for 3 seasons or more since we first left it in 1929 .

To me the boycotters are the hero's , everyone who refrained from spending , that twunt would not have left if our club was not losing a large some of money regularly for him , so every bit helps.
    I took the easier option of brain washing my kids and still going .

It's saved me a small fortune in kids kits , matchday programmes , match sponsorship , Valley Gold etc but my Charlton moral compass is different to others .

There was no way that prick was getting dough from me whilst he fucked my club up and turned it in to a laughing stock , I mean we are so pathetic I get pity from palace fans ffs

Sooner he goes the better and I have thought that from very early on in his ownership but then I could see unlike others that this pricks experiment was only heading one way

I wouldn’t worry about the last couple of years, ask them pieces of shit how many times they have won the FA Cup, they have been in our shadow most of our lives and always looked up to us over the last 113 years and not couple, I will take that.
    They respond with how many Cup Finals have you witnessed your club in and whats the highest position you've seen your club finish in ... we haven't finished above palace for 11 seasons and counting ......
    In all honesty the scum being above us is the big issue for me but Roland has guaranteed that with his wank ownership
    Simple reply......Jon Fortune.
  • If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    There Is no defence for what he has done. As a boycotter I have no regrets about that decision, nor would I criticise anyone that continues to go, but trying to rationalise the behaviour of that cu@t ... !!??
    That I understand, but there has been clubs ie Newcastle hated Shepherd, who did they get Ashley, bottom line is you support the team threw thick and thin, owners are players and managers they come and go, so are shit some are great others defy believe, but more importantly you stick by the team and club.
    Would you be going to Blackpool home matches if you were a Blackpool fan?
    Of course he would and be making excuses for the Oystons.
    Yes and making juvenile comments about typo’s and “What plant are you on” when someone has an opinion different to him with over 20 likes thus far.

He has had a long affair with CAFC as have myself and my family but his blinkered views are not too relevant to the future generations, ie. my 12 year old boy, who has attended since he was 4 and very nearly gave up on CAFC due to the last 4 years. We really do need these children for the future.

It is his opinion and his viewpoints which he is entitled to...

But imo, no flex and narrow minded.

Hey ho, that’s what makes forum’s what they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    There Is no defence for what he has done. As a boycotter I have no regrets about that decision, nor would I criticise anyone that continues to go, but trying to rationalise the behaviour of that cu@t ... !!??
    That I understand, but there has been clubs ie Newcastle hated Shepherd, who did they get Ashley, bottom line is you support the team threw thick and thin, owners are players and managers they come and go, so are shit some are great others defy believe, but more importantly you stick by the team and club.
    All,about opinions, no one is defending anyone, merely stating support the club and team, bad ownership will soon become apparent. If things are out of your control no point cutting your nose off spite your face. Believe you me they are worse things in life that can fuck you off so in the meantime enjoy your passion in life and not turn it into a poison.
  • edited January 2019
    BR3red said:

If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

Yes and making juvenile comments about typo’s and “What plant are you on” when someone has an opinion different to him with over 20 likes thus far.

He has had a long affair with CAFC as have myself and my family but his blinkered views are not too relevant to the future generations, ie. my 12 year old boy, who has attended since he was 4 and very nearly gave up on CAFC due to the last 4 years. We really do need these children for the future.

It is his opinion and his viewpoints which he is entitled to...

But imo, no flex and narrow minded.

Hey ho, that’s what makes forum’s what they are.
    Blinkered is exactly the word that I had in mind.
    I really haven't enjoyed my boycott, especially as my son had finally twigged that he should be a Charlton supporter instead of a Barcelona supporter.
    Fortunately he still considers himself a Charlton fan and, despite being only 15 now, he understands why we are not attending.

There is a word there fan.....in which case would answer your question. Stop being militant and trying to change the world, it’s boring. Let people support who they want regardless of your opinion on their Chairman.
    Pretty obvious the majority of Blackpool fans have decided not to go without any advice from me.

Fan doesn’t mean suck up any old nonsense that an owner hands out, as most Charlton supporters recognise, on here and in poll after poll.

You choose to believe it’s an ordinary situation because it suits you but you are in a tiny minority, as the reaction you get here shows.
    You was the one that brought up Blackpool not me, all I did was give an honest answer. Funny thing polls, because someone doesn’t agree with what you believe don’t make them wrong or your opinion doesn’t matter. I am sure there are many fans that aren’t happy with the way there clubs are run. But can I change it ?No, can I still go and watch the team and club that I have done for over 40 years? Yes. You say I am in a tiny minority but let’s be perfectly honest every is anti RD and rightly so but do I let it take my life over and ruin my life as we don’t know what will happen tomorrow then no. So if that puts me in a tiny minority then fantastic because one thing Charlton fans have never been is sheep and have always had a mind of their own. No doubt the reason we are not as fashionable as some London clubs.
  • Anyway WIwLB, we need to move on.
    We all love Charlton so let's all pull in the same direction.
    You want the club to grow again and it won't be so easily achieved by trying to bring up all the old issues again and again.

I ain’t bringing up old issues it’s was a question of will those that have boycotted return, I haven’t dug anyone out it appears that people don’t like another opinion of you can’t deal with it not my problem.
  • edited January 2019

If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

There is a word there fan.....in which case would answer your question. Stop being militant and trying to change the world, it’s boring. Let people support who they want regardless of your opinion on their Chairman.
    Pretty obvious the majority of Blackpool fans have decided not to go without any advice from me.

Fan doesn’t mean suck up any old nonsense that an owner hands out, as most Charlton supporters recognise, on here and in poll after poll.

You choose to believe it’s an ordinary situation because it suits you but you are in a tiny minority, as the reaction you get here shows.
    Let’s be perfectly honest everyone is anti RD and rightly so.
    Brilliant, we all agree so can we now all try and move forward ?
    Unless you don't want Charlton to grow, but prefer the empty stands and the all time record low crowd this season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• We got to all move on , plenty were behind the regime for far too long and it’s not their fault they wouldn’t listen to me but next time they’ll know better .
    Anyway we are play off bound so enjoy the rest of the season !
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Or they have no need to raise finance against the assets.

MrLargo said:

Jesus Christ, what planet are you on? He's bank rolled the club because it would go into administration if he didn't continue to keep us afloat and then he'd lose everything he'd put into it.

As for admitting mistakes, I've read that he acknowledges he shouldn't have got involved in football, still waiting for him to admit that emailing tactical advice to a former England international was a bad idea, as were virtually all of his signings, his choice of CEO, his chief scout, his managers, etc, etc, etc. Still waiting for the apology for damaging, perhaps irreparably, a 100 plus year old football club. Definitely wasn't aware that an "open forum" had taken place - I'd have been there like a shot of I'd known about it.

5 years of failure and destruction and there's still people excusing him, unbelievable.
    Is that the England international that fucked up tatics at Bramell Lane that would have got us to the semi finals of the FA Cup. According to some he never put anything into the club but in your own admissions you have stated he has. He has lost millions, his own fault yes, as all other football chairmen, however if you look back at my point how many will return, I put it a very small percentage.
    Lol you mug. Have you even got eyes?

What could Powell have done better at Bramell lane? Hed had the rug completely pulled from under him, his best players sold, was being pressured from above to play the network imports, the players knew what was going on, he knew it was all over and he had been told he was getting sacked if he didn't play the likes of Thuram and Koc.

I'd say he did as well as anyone could have in the circumstances.
    Mug? Classy, you are genuinely telling me that the starting 11 that day were worse than Sheffield United. If the fans had to get up and leave at silly o’clock that day, and he wasn’t able to tactically work with the team and motivate them to get into the semi final of the FA Cup then yea maybe I am mug. BTW how many games did Koc play for us?
  • edited January 2019

Anyway WIwLB, we need to move on.
    We all love Charlton so let's all pull in the same direction.
    You want the club to grow again and it won't be so easily achieved by trying to bring up all the old issues again and again.

I ain’t bringing up old issues it’s was a question of will those that have boycotted return, I haven’t dug anyone out it appears that people don’t like another opinion of you can’t deal with it not my problem.
    Well, if the issue is will the boycotters return ?
    The answer is let's wait and see how many turn up tomorrow and then the acid test will be the first game after the announcement, as an initial indicator.

I'm confident that the announced attendance tomorrow, will be in excess of 15,000.
    12,000 or so Charlton fans attending.
    I'm hoping it will be more, to get behind the lads.
    Sunderland will have 3,000 Mackems roaring them on.
  • edited January 2019
  • good job they got rid of Kermorgant for Polish Pete

A sign of things to come.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!