Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019

My view on Aussie Vs Brit is

I think the old Aussie package was shite but the new one with the new investment is probably a lot better and more likely in its current form , according to all the noises more likely to get over the line (not first but seems to have changed a bit ) which means there’s probably a lot more bunce and football know how involved with the deal , this has to be good for us long term and maybe could be the better solution of the two

The British one has me thinking and I can’t remember who said it but they are just as culpable as the old Aussie bid if they’ve been around for just as long why haven’t they completed are they just dicking around as well so many questions still unanswered on what is today the third time we have supposed to have had news

Interesting @nth london addick

So D, is your change of view on the Aussies a hunch or based on something you've been told?

I still think the reason the Brits and Aussies haven't closed the deal is the terms/price.

Finally, what happens first - the takeover or you get your van, and our keys back. We need those keys to protect valuable items like these.imageimage
  • My view on Aussie Vs Brit is

I think the old Aussie package was shite but the new one with the new investment is probably a lot better and more likely in its current form , according to all the noises more likely to get over the line (not first but seems to have changed a bit ) which means there’s probably a lot more bunce and football know how involved with the deal , this has to be good for us long term and maybe could be the better solution of the two

The British one has me thinking and I can’t remember who said it but they are just as culpable as the old Aussie bid if they’ve been around for just as long why haven’t they completed are they just dicking around as well so many questions still unanswered on what is today the third time we have supposed to have had news

So D, is your change of view on the Aussies a hunch or based on something you've been told?

I still think the reason the Brits and Aussies haven't closed the deal is the terms/price.

Finally, what happens first - the takeover or you get your van, and our keys back. We need those keys to protect valuable items like these.

Hopefully that bloody van will be back soon trust me I miss it more than you

Sometimes opinions can change based on many things

Roland.
    I don’t agree there had to be more to it

The old Aussie deal was not funded correctly (has no money) trust me I know that and it’s been proven because they never completed so it’s old hat

The new one we are led to believe has the money ( I believe that ) hence its now moving along again

The British one has to have had its own complex’s and complications it has to have had otherwise it would’ve completed in the time it took the aussies to get their shit together

Rolands a cnut we all know it we all know there’s blame to be attributed there

I don’t believe for 1 min and never did that the amount he wants is 50 mil

I was in a room where RM and others were when someone who was serious about bringing a consortium to the table and the number 50 mil was mentioned and all laughed to a man so it was not a serious figure but a conversation starting point

I reckon that all parties have agreed a fee between 30-40 mil

But he wants to sell and the price HAS been Agreed with both parties and had been agreed last year I don’t doubt that at all

So it’s not price and it’s not to be squared solely at the door of RD with any certainty so imo

Both bids have lacked something and had their own issues

Hopefully these are now nearly resolved and something can happen soon
    I think that's the most positivity we've heard from you for a long time, nla.

That, alone, gives me a great deal of hope.

Reminds me of something as teenagers with their virginity intact, we used to joke....

Whatever else you lose, don't lose hope.

:wink:

Finally, what happens first - the takeover or you get your van, and our keys back. We need those keys to protect valuable items like these.

Hopefully that bloody van will be back soon trust me I miss it more than you

Sometimes opinions can change based on many things
    I think whoever does your van recovery is also managing the takeover : - )

I'm sure you miss it more than we do the key. Those bloody lids are so heavy you could break your wrist lifting them.
  • edited January 2019
    @nth london addick

If you have a good source that gives you reason to have more faith that these 'new' Aussies have funds hat the old one didn't, then I wonder why you think that these new Aussies have not moved to submit all the required paperwork to the EFL?

the importance of the question is this: even if they submit the papers on Monday, there is not a cat in hell's chance the deal will go through before the transfer window closes. There is no reason why the EFL will fast track such an application. They've got 71 other clubs' matters to take care of.

Roland.
    I don’t agree there had to be more to it

The old Aussie deal was not funded correctly (has no money) trust me I know that and it’s been proven because they never completed so it’s old hat

The new one we are led to believe has the money ( I believe that ) hence its now moving along again

The British one has to have had its own complex’s and complications it has to have had otherwise it would’ve completed in the time it took the aussies to get their shit together

Rolands a cnut we all know it we all know there’s blame to be attributed there

I don’t believe for 1 min and never did that the amount he wants is 50 mil

I was in a room where RM and others were when someone who was serious about bringing a consortium to the table and the number 50 mil was mentioned and all laughed to a man so it was not a serious figure but a conversation starting point

I reckon that all parties have agreed a fee between 30-40 mil

But he wants to sell and the price HAS been Agreed with both parties and had been agreed last year I don’t doubt that at all

So it’s not price and it’s not to be squared solely at the door of RD with any certainty so imo

Both bids have lacked something and had their own issues

Hopefully these are now nearly resolved and something can happen soon
    Agreed, Rolands price is definitely a problem but there is a problem with the Aussies. The fact LDT has told the Aussies they need to put a statement out as to why it has taken so long, smacks of him knowing it's down to them for the large part. He wouldn't tell them to put a statement out if he knew the whole reason for the hold up was solely on Roland.
  • @nth london addick

If you have a good source that gives you reason to have more faith that these 'new' Aussies have funds hat the old one didn't, then I wonder why you think that these new Aussies have not moved to submit all the required paperwork to the EFL?

the importance of the question is this: even if they submit the papers on Monday, there is not a cat in hell's chance the deal will go through before the transfer window closes. There is no reason why the EFL will fast track such an application. They've got 71 other clubs' matters to take care of.

The deal can be announced "subject to EFL approval" on Monday or sooner if the parties agree to it.

I don't think it will be done this window but that is not based on any hard evidence

and to @AFKABartram and @sillav nitram you'll never gag #teamWIOTOS

WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS

• @PragueAddick I don’t know why and I don’t even know if anything is closer than it was 12 months ago just maybe they have got a renewed ability to progress in the future
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

LDT was asked if he had met a group just before Christmas and if he had quoted a price over £70m. LDT said he had seen the rumours and he does not respond to rumours. LDT said he met with several parties but that no new NDA was signed before Christmas. He said that sensitive information (such as price) is communicated after an NDA is signed. LDT asked for the name of the party mentioned so he can reply.

He did deny, after me asking 5 or 6 times, that events described or anything like them had taken place.

Otherwise on first read that is a far summary of what was said and I think tallies with my report.

No surprise that he won’t put the lie in writing.
  • Chizz said:

It's Mark Kleinman of Sky that's reporting the Kenyon and Newcastle link. Isn't he a Charlton fan? Would he know more on our situation?

Yes, long term fan.

Where is he reporting that link? @The Red Robin
    https://news.sky.com/story/sky-sources-former-manchester-united-and-chelsea-chief-peter-kenyon-plots-newcastle-takeover-11512071
    Thanks, still struggling to see the link to us.
    I didn't say there was a link to us, just that he if he's aware of what's going on with Newcastle, might he know more about Charlton but @Chizz says not.
    I thought you were referring to Charlton's takeover. I am sure Mark Kleinman knows a lot about what's going on at Newcastle, particularly with regards to Mike Ashley and Debenhams. I just don't think he would know a lot about what our idiotic owner is up to. And I only think that because, when I asked him if he knew what was going on, his reply was pretty clear: "I wish I did".

LDT was asked if he had met a group just before Christmas and if he had quoted a price over £70m. LDT said he had seen the rumours and he does not respond to rumours. LDT said he met with several parties but that no new NDA was signed before Christmas. He said that sensitive information (such as price) is communicated after an NDA is signed. LDT asked for the name of the party mentioned so he can reply.

He did deny, after me asking 5 or 6 times, that events described or anything like them had taken place.

Otherwise on first read that is a far summary of what was said and I think tallies with my report.

No surprise that he won’t put the lie in writing.

So we’re still being lied to by Duchatelet and his lackies. This one point that @Airman Brown highlights throws into doubt pretty much everything we are being led to believe.

I take comfort from @nth london addick and his recent posts but if we’re still being led down the garden path I do wonder where we are currently at.

• JamesSeed said:

Thought it was really vital to get this done in time to do business in the transfer window, but Bowyer and Gallen have done so well, I don't think it matters as much as I did.

The next target is to get through the transfer window with no further damage.
    If a striker is signed too, all the better.
  • seth plum said:

JamesSeed said:

Thought it was really vital to get this done in time to do business in the transfer window, but Bowyer and Gallen have done so well, I don't think it matters as much as I did.

The next target is to get through the transfer window with no further damage.
    If a striker is signed too, all the better.
    You know how he normally works get a few cheap half decent loan signings in, before flogging off the family silver.
  • Davo55 said:

JamesSeed said:

Woah, steady on. It's been a decent window so far but new owners with new money could look to bring in 2 or 3 serious game changers that could make all the difference between the automatics and the lottery of a play off place.
    Agreed.
    But without the extra signings made recently and in the summer I think we’d be manning the barricades and marching with pitchforks.

• Mark kleinman doesn’t know... 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Also being mentioned that DD has highlighted “more than 30” areas of concern.

Did these all get resolved, @ShootersHillGuru or @Airman Brown or anyone else who might know?

These "30" DD issues are no longer being discussed. But, as they initially cropped up around the time that the Aussies were first involved and now it appears the "British consortium" may well have been participants from this time. Is there something still buried in the 30 DD issues first found in 2017 that is causing the ongoing delay?
  • Davo55 said:

JamesSeed said:

Woah, steady on. It's been a decent window so far but new owners with new money could look to bring in 2 or 3 serious game changers that could make all the difference between the automatics and the lottery of a play off place.
    Other than a top striker for this level I am not sure we need any more. Having a squad that are together and playing as a team is better at this point of the season.
  • #TeamWIOTOS
  • Slow down there @nth london addick
    You’re in danger of being positive :wink:
  • Webbja77 said:

Mark kleinman doesn’t know... 🤔

Martin Austin doesn’t know either
  • Fumbluff said:

Webbja77 said:

Mark kleinman doesn’t know... 🤔

Martin Austin doesn’t know either
    Mystic Meg doesn’t know either...
  • why do people have to chat utter shit

I can't reveal who but I have been told by someone I know who is well known to MA, our little club is a very attractive proposition, forget the size of our fan base or ground etc....... there's huge money to be made selling it on as a premiership club, we'd sell out each match such is the international interest now of the Premiership brand and our links to airports and motorways make it easier to attend games + of course the TV money, just do the maths. Whislt he is the the owner of another club he can not make a move.

• Redrobo said:

Davo55 said:

JamesSeed said:

Other than a top striker for this level I am not sure we need any more. Having a squad that are together and playing as a team is better at this point of the season.
    Not if the squad is not sufficiently deep to withstand further injuries/suspensions/loss of form.
  • JS5 said:

why do people have to chat utter shit

I can't reveal who but I have been told by someone I know who is well known to MA, our little club is a very attractive proposition, forget the size of our fan base or ground etc....... there's huge money to be made selling it on as a premiership club, we'd sell out each match such is the international interest now of the Premiership brand and our links to airports and motorways make it easier to attend games + of course the TV money, just do the maths. Whislt he is the the owner of another club he can not make a move.

What he said is quite plausable.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!