Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• iainment said:

CafcSCP said:

Varney said a good few years back that Flamini had agreed terms with Charlton and while we were having the contract put together, he went over to Arsenal and signed for them. Told me that face to face the night before we signed Francis Jeffers and Danny Murphy.
    Nothing is real until it’s officially announced.

I wish I'd said that

You will pal, you will.
    Someone, finally, got the reference.
  • iainment said:

CafcSCP said:

Varney said a good few years back that Flamini had agreed terms with Charlton and while we were having the contract put together, he went over to Arsenal and signed for them. Told me that face to face the night before we signed Francis Jeffers and Danny Murphy.
    Nothing is real until it’s officially announced.

I wish I'd said that

You will pal, you will.
    Someone, finally, got the reference.
    Nah, we all got it Henners
  • "Done Deal" "Done by February", "Next 2 weeks", and the latest being Jim White's "The next 48 hours", yet RD is still here, in "no rush to sell the Club" because he's rich & stubborn enough to sit it out until someone pays for his mistakes...
  • joeaddick said:

"Done Deal" "Done by February", "Next 2 weeks", and the latest being Jim White's "The next 48 hours", yet RD is still here, in "no rush to sell the Club" because he's rich & stubborn enough to sit it out until someone pays for his mistakes...

Do you think then that Murray, Robinson and Bowyer were all lying about what they’d been told about it happening? Or is Duchatelet lying to them?
  • edited January 2019

joeaddick said:

"Done Deal" "Done by February", "Next 2 weeks", and the latest being Jim White's "The next 48 hours", yet RD is still here, in "no rush to sell the Club" because he's rich & stubborn enough to sit it out until someone pays for his mistakes...

Do you think then that Murray, Robinson and Bowyer were all lying about what they’d been told about it happening? Or is Duchatelet lying to them?
    I would not be at all surprised if Duchatelet lied to staff and managers, both past and present. This is the same Duchatelet that is eroding our club from within and renaging on paying staff bonuses.

If Bowyer & Co at the Valley think they are being told all that is going on and is 100% true they are in for a shock.
    Of course they are not, but why would he make such specific verifiable claims to Murray, Robinson and Bowyer, if he knew they were bound to prove false in the short term? Why did De Turck believe the club was being sold at the turn of the year?

It makes no sense unless Duchatelet believed it himself.
  • joeaddick said:

I would not be at all surprised if Duchatelet lied to staff and managers, both past and present. This is the same Duchatelet that is eroding our club from within and renaging on paying staff bonuses.

If Bowyer & Co at the Valley think they are being told all that is going on and is 100% true they are in for a shock.
    I don't believe anything that comes out of the dudes trap.
  • Sponsored links:

• joeaddick said:

Of course they are not, but why would he make such specific verifiable claims to Murray, Robinson and Bowyer, if he knew they were bound to prove false in the short term? Why did De Turck believe the club was being sold at the turn of the year?

But he is the one who can just make it happen with ease. As JW was trying to get out of him on the interview 'Why don't you just sell?' RD 'Trying to.' He could just accept a pound and be done with it. But instead he's honouring the Aussies and fobbing off others with £70m. If he believes it's being sold, then it's only under his deluded and stubborn standing. Other offers are there, there is no other reason this is still going on because of one man's greed, arrogance, stubbornness, ego and the other man's awkward consortium. Until either one of those gives way, it's a stalemate.
  • irudd123 said:

joeaddick said:

But he is the one who can just make it happen with ease. As JW was trying to get out of him on the interview 'Why don't you just sell?' RD 'Trying to.' He could just accept a pound and be done with it. But instead he's honouring the Aussies and fobbing off others with £70m. If he believes it's being sold, then it's only under his deluded and stubborn standing. Other offers are there, there is no other reason this is still going on because of one man's greed, arrogance, stubbornness, ego and the other man's awkward consortium. Until either one of those gives way, it's a stalemate.
    For whatever reason, though, it seems he believes he can do it at an unrealistic price. However Murray and De Turck must be capable of assessing what is reasonable and therefore likely to happen? Why would they believe he would get it?
  • joeaddick said:

Then what went wrong, again?
  • edited January 2019

irudd123 said:

joeaddick said:

For whatever reason, though, it seems he believes he can do it at an unrealistic price. However Murray and De Turck must be capable of assessing what is reasonable and therefore likely to happen? Why would they believe he would get it?
    Because they either have said something and been ignored, or not said anything because they are clueless (unlikely) or have their own incentive / benefits from agreeing with RD.
  • joeaddick said:

The assumption has to be that the money (still) isn’t there to do the deal as agreed. That is what I was told when JW said it was happening and it makes sense - what isn’t clear is why those involved repeatedly believe otherwise.
  • Hopefully at some point this will all result in a sale to an owner or owners who care.

Then maybe we could find out what on earth has been going on for the last year and a half because I have no clue how Duchâtelet and minions have believed it is so close to the end, on more than one occasion, with no final resolution.

Clearly he isn’t as good at doing business deals (or at anything much) as he thinks he is, but he has turned his spectacular failure into a risibly awful spectacular failure.
  • joeaddick said:

The assumption has to be that the money (still) isn’t there to do the deal as agreed. That is what I was told when JW said it was happening and it makes sense - what isn’t clear is why those involved repeatedly believe otherwise.
    Yet LDT said the money was there.

I still think the money is there but they aren't willing to meet RDs price
  • edited January 2019

joeaddick said:

Isn’t that the same thing?

It may well be that they money which is missing is that required to satisfy the EFL about the next two seasons rather than the upfront purchase price, but it all amounts to the same thing in the end - a deal that cannot be delivered in practice because the money is not put on the table.
  • joeaddick said:

It may well be that they money which is missing is that required to satisfy the EFL about the next two seasons rather than the upfront purchase price, but it all amounts to the same thing in the end - a deal that cannot be delivered in practice because the money is not put on the table.
    Not quite.

The line has been that the Aussies didn't have the money to close the deal.

I think they do but just won't pay what RD wants.

But we don't know
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

joeaddick said:

Not quite.

But we don't know
    Well, we know that Andrew Muir had the money but wouldn’t put enough of it on the table or he could have met any likely valuation. That’s in the nature of a consortium. But the price must have been agreed in order to submit the contract to the EFL and the consortium not paying it isn’t obviously a basis on which the EFL would have stalled progress, as they agree they did.
  • joeaddick said:

Not quite.

But we don't know
    Well, we know that Andrew Muir had the money but wouldn’t put enough of it on the table or he could have met any likely valuation. That’s in the nature of a consortium. But the price must have been agreed in order to submit the contract to the EFL and the consortium not paying it isn’t obviously a basis on which the EFL would have stalled progress, as they agree they did.
    Or maybe Muir offered a lower price but Roland is sticking to his original price hence his "honour the deal" comments.

We are guessing because the evidence has gaps and is often contradictory.
  • Like his shoes he'll cover up the holes and drag it on until he has to get rid of. I also think he is sticking it to us and enjoying it. Vindictive old bastard
  • joeaddick said:

Not quite.

But we don't know
    Or maybe Muir offered a lower price but Roland is sticking to his original price hence his "honour the deal" comments.

We are guessing because the evidence has gaps and is often contradictory.
    I would suggest that getting a sales agreement drawn up and logged with the EFL would be close to exchanging contracts on the purchase of a house? All that is missing is the money in the solicitors bank account? It's a long way down the road and a very expensive process. You could almost say it is a done deal.
  • ct_addick said:

Like his shoes he'll cover up the holes and drag it on until he has to get rid of. I also think he is sticking it to us and enjoying it. Vindictive old bastard

Don’t think so. At the risk of being barred to the small politics subset I think he’s fairly similar to Theresa May. He has his red lines, his red lines are incompatible with his ambitions but he is not prepared to give up on them.

He’s an arsehole.
  • edited January 2019

joeaddick said:

Why would you believe anything Duchatelet says...or any of his lapdogs..?

katrien Meire was continually exposed as a liar, yet he still backed her.

• A good reason previously put forward is that there’s some dark matter in the wardrobe left by the spivs which need to be resolved hence money has been agreed but...?
  • edited January 2019

joeaddick said:

Not quite.

But we don't know
    I think it’s Murphy rather than Muir doing the negotiating, although it’s Muir’s (and others’) money rather than Murphy’s.

The rest is a mystery to all of us. Hoping the truth of what went on will come out one day, but of course it may not.
  • At times like these I find it best to turn to Douglas Adams for guidance.

“Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied.”
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!