Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Expect more cutbacks.
  • Selling one half of a successful strike partnership and replacing him with a journeyman that can't get into Gillingham's first XI............
    .............you know when you've been Shitweaseled!

And no signs of it ending. What a shit business.
  • The mans an idiot. Because he only has 2% of his time to be involved because his so busy. He lets players contracts run out so a young prospect goes to the premier league for 2million while a journey man footballer goes to league one for 4 million.how has this man managed to get so wealthy.the same will happen with Aribo.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

So the message seems to be that the Aussies should clear off, in order to make Roland drop his price and find another buyer?

In other words, it's the Aussies' fault that the price is too high and if only they would disappear then the price would go down so the club can be sold to someone else.

Not sure that logic stacks up, to be honest.

If the Aussies were the ONLY people to accept Roland's price, then yes it's them that have kept the price high.

If ALL potential owners told Roland they would only pay say £25m, then Roland would have to drop the price below what he's asking. If one group seem happy to pay £40m then to him that's justification that his price is fair.
    So, to clarify, you're actually saying that it's the buyer that has caused the price to be too high? And not the seller?
    I think what is meant is because the 'buyer' has agreed a high price (but never actually followed through), the 'seller' believes that that is the fair price and can see no reason to lower it for anyone else.

Indirectly the 'buyer' has prevented the price from being dropped - but only because the 'seller' is so deluded that he cannot see that this seller is unlikely to ever complete and is too proud to walk away
    Not sure the ‘buyers’ are responsible really.

Imagine you’re selling your house (sorry) and someone comes in and says, ‘that sounds fine, but I’ll check with the people buying the house with me’.
    They then come back to you and say, ‘sorry, my co-buyers say “no” because the price is too high’.
    You’d have to be nuts to think you’ve got a buyer at the high price. You haven’t.
    Papers being lodged with The EFL, at the agreed price would suggest ypur scenario didn't happen though.

You don’t really know for sure that happened, and if papers were lodged that there was an agreed price attached.
    It’s all above my pay grade, so I don’t know they weren’t either.
    I do know both things, as the EFL themselves have confirmed it.

Unless they are lying?
  • JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

So the message seems to be that the Aussies should clear off, in order to make Roland drop his price and find another buyer?

In other words, it's the Aussies' fault that the price is too high and if only they would disappear then the price would go down so the club can be sold to someone else.

If the Aussies were the ONLY people to accept Roland's price, then yes it's them that have kept the price high.

If ALL potential owners told Roland they would only pay say £25m, then Roland would have to drop the price below what he's asking. If one group seem happy to pay £40m then to him that's justification that his price is fair.
    So, to clarify, you're actually saying that it's the buyer that has caused the price to be too high? And not the seller?
    I think what is meant is because the 'buyer' has agreed a high price (but never actually followed through), the 'seller' believes that that is the fair price and can see no reason to lower it for anyone else.

Indirectly the 'buyer' has prevented the price from being dropped - but only because the 'seller' is so deluded that he cannot see that this seller is unlikely to ever complete and is too proud to walk away

Imagine you’re selling your house (sorry) and someone comes in and says, ‘that sounds fine, but I’ll check with the people buying the house with me’.
    They then come back to you and say, ‘sorry, my co-buyers say “no” because the price is too high’.
    You’d have to be nuts to think you’ve got a buyer at the high price. You haven’t.
    Hit the nut on the head there Jimmy.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Papers being lodged with The EFL, at the agreed price would suggest ypur scenario didn't happen though.

You don’t really know for sure that happened, and if papers were lodged that there was an agreed price attached.

Unless they are lying?
    I don’t know anything about that (above my pay grade) but others are saying price not necessary part of that sale agreement.

But even if it is, unless the deal is concluded a buyer can pull out and offer a lower sum if circumstances change. If that’s what’s happened then it’s Roland slowing things up by not being realistic. Normal rues don’t seem to apply to him.
  • Just realised we're on page 1507 ... keep it going
  • So if the Aussies have actually walked, it leaves the way clear for the British to charge in. Mmmm we'll just see how that works out.

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Unless they are lying?
    I don’t know anything about that (above my pay grade) but others are saying price not necessary part of that sale agreement.

But even if it is, unless the deal is concluded a buyer can pull out and offer a lower sum if circumstances change. If that’s what’s happened then it’s Roland slowing things up by not being realistic. Normal rues don’t seem to apply to him.
    The information is in the public domain: https://www.castrust.org/2018/10/a-productive-meeting-with-the-efl/

Now, of course I'm assuming to file a Sale and Purchase Agreement you would have to agree a price, I could well be wrong, but I doubt it.

Of course, a purchaser can pull out, or change their offer, which is exactly what I think happened, I've been saying it for months.

However, I also think in Roland's deluded mind the fact that the price was originally agreed means it's a fair price, which why, in my opinion, both parties take some of the blame for our current predicament.
  • Sponsored links:

• any agreement would be subject to EFL approval..
  • edited February 2019

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Unless they are lying?

The information is in the public domain: https://www.castrust.org/2018/10/a-productive-meeting-with-the-efl/

Now, of course I'm assuming to file a Sale and Purchase Agreement you would have to agree a price, I could well be wrong, but I doubt it.

Of course, a purchaser can pull out, or change their offer, which is exactly what I think happened, I've been saying it for months.

However, I also think in Roland's deluded mind the fact that the price was originally agreed means it's a fair price, which why, in my opinion, both parties take some of the blame for our current predicament.

Some agreement, but I’m not going to blame a buyer for having common sense.

But we can agree that Roland has a deluded mind.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Unless they are lying?

What? Like turning up at The Valley, highly visible in their shiny new red & white scarves?
  • edited February 2019

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Unless they are lying?

So Roland has been told by the Aussies they're not paying that price but as he is deluded his still thinks it is a fair price nearly two years on.

And that is the Aussies fault?

I think you are really stretching, for whatever reason, to pin the blame on the Aussies when everything points to it being Roland and only Roland stopping a deal.

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Unless they are lying?

So Roland has been told by the Aussies their not paying that price but as he is deluded his still thinks it is a fair price nearly two years on but that is the Aussies fault?

I think you are really stretching, for whatever reason, to pin the blame on the Aussies when everything points to it being Roland and only Roland.

It's not two years on though, is it, something similar appears to have happened very recently.

When your bidding on something you do have the funds you've got to take some responsibility for that, imo.
  • Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Unless they are lying?

What? Like turning up at The Valley, highly visible in their shiny new red & white scarves?
    Yeah, misguided as the deal wasn’t completed, but I think they meant well. Muir might even have flown over from Oz, and was expecting the deal was almost done.

But with the benefit of hindsight.....
  • The mans an idiot. Because he only has 2% of his time to be involved because his so busy. He lets players contracts run out so a young prospect goes to the premier league for 2million while a journey man footballer goes to league one for 4 million.how has this man managed to get so wealthy.the same will happen with Aribo.

So you're saying Grant is worth more than Grigg ?
  • edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CatAddick said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Were such papers lodged with the EFL?

Were they papers related to the price or to the fit and proper test? Or to something else.

And even. If the price was agreed initialy doesn't mean it's still agreed.
    CAST reported from their meeting with the EFL in October that they had been told by Shaun Harvey that a "sale and purchase agreement" had been submitted.
    And yet no sale or purchase has been agreed.

Maybe because the key element, the price, has not been agreed.
    I don't agree with that. I think the problem is more likely to be that the person heading up the consortium agreed a price that he is unable to deliver because the consortium members wouldn't put it in the table when it came to it. The agreement was in place but not the money.
    He told me that sale was agreed subject to confirmation by a couple of people. Obviously looks highly probably they said no.
    But even if a price was verbally agreed and Roland didn't hear the 'subject to approval' bit, the buyer has the right to reduce the offer, as the sale wasn't concluded. Unless a contract was signed and sealed I guess, in which case they might be in breach of contract, but that seems unlikely.

They cannot be in breach of contract as long as the EFL refuses to ratify the sale. It cannot be completed unless they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• After reading this posts for over a year now (in the vain hope of the club changing ownership)

I have come to the following conclusion

1. The price for a League One club status has been agreed
    2. Just waiting for both parties to sign.

The prospective new buyers are unwilling to sign up to the contract conditions attached to the sale of the Club.

Our Belgium owner has probably included that extra substantial money must be paid when:

Should promotion be achieved to the Championship (my guess would be 20 to 30 million pounds) or promotion to the Premier League (again my estimate could be 50 to 80 million)

Other conditions may include a share of transfer fees for current players and from any emerging academy squad players.

The prospective buyers would have to invest many millions to gain these promotions, while our current owner just has to sit back and collect.

Now if I gambled on Charlton Athletic I would expect to keep all or most of the profits and not share them with the previous owner.

Otherwise it is not worth the gamble.

• Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Perhaps both parties have to carry some of the blame?
    I still can't get to the point where I can imagine blaming the buyers (at whatever level of culpability) for the price being too high. I guess I am clinging too closely to the thought it's the seller that sets the price.
    I think it all stems to RH's Arab mob reportedly walking away after having the 40m(?) offer turned down because the Aussie's had supposedly agreed more. We have also been made aware of a new party being told that they would need to pay 70m just to get their offer heard over the existing one with the Australians.

The Australians have then not been able to complete the deal for whatever reasons, though we suspect it's due to the lack of funds from their co-investors.

If the Australians offered more than they are prepared/able to part with, and have in the process validated Roland's delusional price, then we can absolutely lay some blame at their door for the ridiculous price tag on the club.

I would prefer if they fucked off out of the equation and we started with a clean slate re the takeover.
  • After reading this posts for over a year now (in the vain hope of the club changing ownership)

I have come to the following conclusion

1. The price for a League One club status has been agreed
    2. Just waiting for both parties to sign.

The prospective new buyers are unwilling to sign up to the contract conditions attached to the sale of the Club.

Our Belgium owner has probably included that extra substantial money must be paid when:

Should promotion be achieved to the Championship (my guess would be 20 to 30 million pounds) or promotion to the Premier League (again my estimate could be 50 to 80 million)

Other conditions may include a share of transfer fees for current players and from any emerging academy squad players.

The prospective buyers would have to invest many millions to gain these promotions, while our current owner just has to sit back and collect.

Now if I gambled on Charlton Athletic I would expect to keep all or most of the profits and not share them with the previous owner.

Otherwise it is not worth the gamble.

Fanny, I guess you've heard no more following your encouraging post last week?
  • Done deal. No evidence or source, just hoping I can luckily get it.
  • Dunny deal.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes. If Roland had set a price at say 40m and every potential buyer had laughed and only offered 25m, then he would have had to lower the price. Having one buyer who at some stage agreed his ludicrous price gives it credibility, and as a result we’ve wasted a year while Roland waited for them to cough up

If I was selling a house and one buyer offered 400k when everyone else was only prepared to pay 250k, I’d wait for the 400k offer to be settled
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!