Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redrobo said:

One of the worst weeks ever as a Charlton supporter. Please sell so we can all move on.

Believe me as shit as the last week has been. We've had so many worse, I feel it just Par for the course of being a Cafc fan.

100% need owners that care even if only moderately wealthy. This impassé is impacting on every facet of this club.
    Even though some supportiers on CL don't think Duchatelet is being spiteful to fans by recent inactivity but Schadenfreude must exist in the mind of RD because if it was just money why would he buy a middle size London club that by his inept ownership is now a small London club in the first place ?
    Sorry sam, but are you now suggesting he bought Charlton, to deliberately diminish the standing of the club, in order derive pleasure from the misery of Charlton fans ?

Schadenfreude "now." a 3 letter word I left out but it made all the difference, but well done for your attempt at ridicule.
    No not 5 years ago when he bought Charlton on the cheap, at that time he still thought he had a great way to run football clubs with the network system.
    He was wrong.

The revenge of Roland Duchatelet is unfolding before our eyes. You believe it's just money. I believe it's money plus, he is getting perverse pleasure from this impassé.
    His right man even admitted that certain things were said to stir up another bidder.

Unless you can get a handle on the relationship between Roland and Katrien Miere: like a close father and daughter relationship you will never understand why I think spite/Perverse pleasure/ or Schadenfreude is NOW involved since she was forced from the club.

Duchatelet's perception is she was forced from the club; before you get your tooth comb out , My view like many others was she was economic with the truth and poor at being a CEO and as usual was at the whim of an owner who pressured her into making rash decisions or carried out his bizarre decisions (Polish Pete instead of Yann)

Most rich business people don't mind losing a few battles along the way as long as they win the financial war and come out on top at the end.

This have become personal with Duchatelet and I'm amazed that all supporters can't see that.
    My recollection was that she left because she got a better offer and she knew that new buyers would sack her. At that time, she did not know we would still be looking for buyers! I would imagine, and I am trying to be generous to her here, that as she gained experience in her role, she realised Roland was a crap owner.
  • seth plum said:

Am I the only person to think that the future of Bowyer might be a more imminent question than the sale of Charlton?

He'll get poached in the summer, then Jackson will take over.
    Perhaps he won't get a contract from Duchatelet.
    I can imagine the end date will arrive and Duchatelet won't have said anything to Bowyer, and if eyebrows are raised Duchatelet will say:

'It is clear your contract had an end-by date, there has been no need for me to contact you about anything, why should I have? Just as the fans have to realise this is my club and I am entitled to act in any way I please, so should all staff realise that too. I assume you handed your keys in to Keohane.'
  • Redrobo said:

One of the worst weeks ever as a Charlton supporter. Please sell so we can all move on.

Believe me as shit as the last week has been. We've had so many worse, I feel it just Par for the course of being a Cafc fan.

100% need owners that care even if only moderately wealthy. This impassé is impacting on every facet of this club.
    Even though some supportiers on CL don't think Duchatelet is being spiteful to fans by recent inactivity but Schadenfreude must exist in the mind of RD because if it was just money why would he buy a middle size London club that by his inept ownership is now a small London club in the first place ?
    Sorry sam, but are you now suggesting he bought Charlton, to deliberately diminish the standing of the club, in order derive pleasure from the misery of Charlton fans ?

Schadenfreude "now." a 3 letter word I left out but it made all the difference, but well done for your attempt at ridicule.
    No not 5 years ago when he bought Charlton on the cheap, at that time he still thought he had a great way to run football clubs with the network system.
    He was wrong.

The revenge of Roland Duchatelet is unfolding before our eyes. You believe it's just money. I believe it's money plus, he is getting perverse pleasure from this impassé.
    His right man even admitted that certain things were said to stir up another bidder.

Unless you can get a handle on the relationship between Roland and Katrien Miere: like a close father and daughter relationship you will never understand why I think spite/Perverse pleasure/ or Schadenfreude is NOW involved since she was forced from the club.

Duchatelet's perception is she was forced from the club; before you get your tooth comb out , My view like many others was she was economic with the truth and poor at being a CEO and as usual was at the whim of an owner who pressured her into making rash decisions or carried out his bizarre decisions (Polish Pete instead of Yann)

Most rich business people don't mind losing a few battles along the way as long as they win the financial war and come out on top at the end.

This have become personal with Duchatelet and I'm amazed that all supporters can't see that.
    My recollection was that she left because she got a better offer and she knew that new buyers would sack her. At that time, she did not know we would still be looking for buyers! I would imagine, and I am trying to be generous to her here, that as she gained experience in her role, she realised Roland was a crap owner.
    A pity that Katrien apparently did not also realise she was a crap CEO and find a career more suited to her abilities.
  • I think they underestimated how much the club was going to cost to run.

My understanding is he thinks he should get more for the club than anyone else will pay. He's losing money every month, isn;t he. So just sells a player to make up for it : (
  • edited February 2019

Redrobo said:

He was wrong.

Sorry Sam, I wasn't attempting to ridicule. I was attempting to understand.
    As you say you left out the word "now", which meant your comment had an unintentional different meaning.

In terms of "stirring up another bidder", that was allegedly done to speed up the sale of the club, which would seem a strange thing to do, if he is deriving pleasure from our misery. Surely, he wouldn't want to speed the sale ?

I agree with some of the rest of what you say. Although think Meire left because she had a better offer and thought she would be out of a job in a few months, when the takeover was expected to complete.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know, you may be right and I may be wrong.

I just think that as he gives us less than 2% of his time, he never has and still doesn't care about Charlton fans enough to be vindictive or enjoying our misery.

We may think about him 24/7, but it is not reciprocated.

He simply wants to sell Charlton and lose as little money as possible, by hook or by crook, whether he can get much of his money back soon, or it takes him another 10 years, through clauses in the sale contract.

All the best, sorry if you misunderstood my motive.
  • Moustaches and Arses...
  • I suspect the Aussies helped feed his delusion when they agreed his price. I also suspect it would be easier to unlock the mysteries of the universe than work out how Duchatelet thinks he has added £10m to the value of Charlton since he purchased it!!!!!
  • I suspect the Aussies helped feed his delusion when they agreed his price. I also suspect it would be easier to unlock the mysteries of the universe than work out how Duchatelet thinks he has added £10m to the value of Charlton since he purchased it!!!!!

or just state whatever they are prepared to pay - at the moment, we are all in the dark about what the ptice is, wh the aussies are, who the 'brits' are and certainly who all these others are that rd has allegedly knocked back / put off. if there is nobody actually out there it would be a lot easier to get behind the scraps we are having to work with - its the thought that we are having to do that because rd is somehow blocking a better existence. If he is, make yourselves known and lets help unblock it - enough is enough with this rd shit now.
  • Sponsored links:

• i'm not convinced the aussies aren't a stooge outfit in cahoots with rd - probably not but i haven't ruled it out
  • What ever the intent of the owner and despite the speculation or his state of mind and motives (mainly by me !)

We are stuck between a Cock and a hard place.
    I'm prepared to be expelled from Atheist Athletic(I believe in nothing) and the humanist League ( I don't want you Roland) and pray to the great Large lady in the sky to start singing so Duchatelet's tenure is all over.
    AMEN.
  • DOUCHER said:

i'm not convinced the aussies aren't a stooge outfit in cahoots with rd - probably not but i haven't ruled it out

Think you hit the nail on the head. They never existed
  • When is the next Fans Forum update scheduled for ?

20th February.

20th February according to the last one

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c36289e5bb79/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum
  • cfgs said:

Scoham said:

When is the next Fans Forum update scheduled for ?

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c36289e5bb79/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum
    So the next rehash of the same old codswallop is due on the 20th.
    Something to look forward to.
  • DOUCHER said:

i'm not convinced the aussies aren't a stooge outfit in cahoots with rd - probably not but i haven't ruled it out

They’re definitely not.
  • Page 1511 ... (sigh)
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Am I the only person to think that the future of Bowyer might be a more imminent question than the sale of Charlton?

Jacko may look at managerial vacancies elsewhere.
  • edited February 2019
    DOUCHER said:

What i would like to see is the others who are apparently queuing up to buy us at a reasonable price, make themselves known. That would put more pressure on him to sell up than anything.Why don;t they do it? If somebody out there is genuinely prepared to buy ua at say £30m and can prove they have the funds and are all above board etc then make yourselves known to us and we will surely all get behind you. BTW - I'm not saying they don't exist but if they make themselves known we can finally do away with the line about rd picking up the bills, stepping in to save us from bankruptcy 4 years ago etc etc - just make yourselves known and as much as driving him out, we, as a fanbase, will help drive you in.Does that not sound like a plan?

In at least one case, the people quoted £70m plus, they have moved on to look at another club. I doubt if anyone wants to say if and when they buy that their acquisition is their second choice. But either way there is nothing for them to gain once they’ve gone.
  • DOUCHER said:

What i would like to see is the others who are apparently queuing up to buy us at a reasonable price, make themselves known. That would put more pressure on him to sell up than anything.Why don;t they do it? If somebody out there is genuinely prepared to buy ua at say £30m and can prove they have the funds and are all above board etc then make yourselves known to us and we will surely all get behind you. BTW - I'm not saying they don't exist but if they make themselves known we can finally do away with the line about rd picking up the bills, stepping in to save us from bankruptcy 4 years ago etc etc - just make yourselves known and as much as driving him out, we, as a fanbase, will help drive you in.Does that not sound like a plan?

In at least one case, the people quoted £70m plus, they have moved on to look at another club. I doubt if anyone wants to say if and when they buy that their acquisition is their second choice. But either way there is nothing for them to gain once they’ve gone.
    well we remain at an impasse then - if they want us rather than just any club, why not kick up a fuss and try force it through? - are we saying all potential buyers just get knocked back and move onto another club?? not convinced, this whole takeover fiasco just doesn't seem right somehow and if he's blocking genuine interest, it needs exposing, not just, with all due respect, second hand tales of whats gone on
  • edited February 2019

seth plum said:

Jacko may look at managerial vacancies elsewhere.
    I overheard ard Jacko telling Pratley that he turned down transfers to other teams because he wants to stay at Charlton on the coaching/management side. Said he loved it at the club.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

They’re definitely not.
    I'm not so sure.

Why would a group from the other side of the world let this drag on for as long as it has? It's nonsense . Which in turn fits the Duchatelet way of doing rhings
    I spoke to Gerard Murphy at length about his plans and the majority of it was laughable.
  • edited February 2019

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

They’re definitely not.
    I'm not so sure.

Why would a group from the other side of the world let this drag on for as long as it has? It's nonsense . Which in turn fits the Duchatelet way of doing rhings
    I spoke to Gerard Murphy at length about his plans and the majority of it was laughable.
    What’s your guess, then, that Murphy is on RD’s payroll or has been briefing media outlets since 2017 for kicks? That Muir turned up from the other side of the world as a favour and that lawyers on both sides produced a pretend deal for the EFL?

Mishcon De Reya are in the thick of this. That’s a very expensive hoax.

As I’ve said before it may well be that neither side’s approach is credible and they are wasting each other’s time and money, but that’s not the same thing.
  • edited February 2019

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

They’re definitely not.
    I'm not so sure.

When I said they’re definitely not I was referring to Doucher’s claim that they’re ‘a stooge outfit in cahoots with RD’.
    Clearly they’re not.
  • Scoham said:

So maybe the fans reps can send some advance questions in to LDT. For example, if group no.1 have still not submitted financial paperwork in to the EFL, why have they not and when do they plan to, how can they be considered credible potential buyers with such delays in establishing finances etc etc? Of course he can respond he doesn’t know but I can’t see anything is lost in asking these question and other probing ones in advance asking that he come prepared to respond to them.

Odds on if LDT sets the agenda he will just come out with the same old codswallop, unless the fans reps try to shift the dynamics of these Q&A sessions.

• Scoham said:

So maybe the fans reps can send some advance questions in to LDT. For example, if group no.1 have still not submitted financial paperwork in to the EFL, why have they not and when do they plan to, how can they be considered credible potential buyers with such delays in establishing finances etc etc? Of course he can respond he doesn’t know but I can’t see anything is lost in asking these question and other probing ones in advance asking that he come prepared to respond to them.

Odds on if LDT sets the agenda he will just come out with the same old codswallop, unless the fans reps try to shift the dynamics of these Q&A sessions.

I think those question have already been put ad nauseam.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!