Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The protests should still go ahead as per normal.

If the bid is a fake....no one will believe Roland's bullsh*t of....the protest put the buyer off.
  • I’m in the glass half full side, I think there’s something in this one (but there again I thought the Aussie were getting us as well) as wouldn’t you after that rant to the EFL and his stunning appearance on talk sport and the accidental re painting of some Belgium properties by Banksie, think it’s would be an ideal time to crank up the pressure on him, certainly I would have done something similar. The new people know that if snippets get out then the fans will turn the screws, who know perhaps sing at the next game that just happens to be televised, or try to get Brexit sorted with a commando type incursion into a small town in Belgium? If I was a purchaser I would using all the pressure I could to get the gentleman to budge his position as it could save me a few million. 
  • Horsfield9 said:
    Typical ........................ Never a bloody taxi driver around to let you know what's going on , when you need one !!
    Where to mate?
  • PWR

Former Banker with top level experience in football

Any ideas who?
    Paulie, mate! You're better than that!!

Come on fella! PWR!!! Really?
  • Reggie and his gang to the rescue. 
  • edited March 2019
    In the original post about this, back on p 1550, its says that news on takeover will be coming from various outlets (not including VOTV), so we've seen The Standard story, what else, when, and from where is this going to be released @Airman Brown ?

• Keith Harris has advised alot of owners before they bought teams

Abramovich-Chelsea
    Sinawatra-Man City
    Lerner-Villa

He helped with tne Sale of Fulham from Fayed and advised middle eastern contacts on a failed bid for Liverpool
    Soon to add a failed bid for us to his CV?
  • In the original post about this, back on p 1550, its says that new on takeover will be coming from various outlets (not including VOTV), so we've seen The Standard story, what else, when, and from where is this going to be released @Airman Brown ?

In next 24 hours it said.

You kids need to learn some patience @r@Redmidland
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    In the original post about this, back on p 1550, its says that new on takeover will be coming from various outlets (not including VOTV), so we've seen The Standard story, what else, when, and from where is this going to be released @Airman Brown ?

In next 24 hours it said.

You kids need to learn some patience @r@Redmidland
    Thanks @Henry Irving not been called a 'kid' in years, made my day!!! LOL
  • JamesSeed said:
    Wait a minute, I only went to school with this ex-banker.
    We’re having a beer tomorrow to discuss his plans for the club...
    Yes of course you did........
  • edited March 2019
    Greenie said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Wait a minute, I only went to school with this ex-banker.
    We’re having a beer tomorrow to discuss his plans for the club...
    Yes of course you did........
    I was going to like that, then lol it, but then I realised I’m not sure what you mean...
    I hope your comment isn't classist!
  • I hear this banker is part of a Noel Edmunds based consortium
  • Sponsored links:

• If Roland had any sense, he'd bite this bankers hand off for this deal, but sadly it's Roland and he couldn't have any less sense so he'll probably reject it and ask for 50 million....
  • It has probably been made public by the bidder to put some pressure on Duchatelet to sell. If this is correct, there must be an expectation, or at least a suspicion that he won't sell at that price. Even though it seems more than generous considering it is significantly more than Duchatelet originally paid, and he has hardly improved anything!
    This, short, concise and to the point.
    Your a top dog Muttley.

This offer is an opening gambit but Duchatelet's been wounded and it's difficult how he will react. I still believe pressure from his nearest and dearest:
    his Son Roderick, his partner, his accountant and Sue Parkes would help to get this deal done.
  • So the Aussies are going ‘public’ at last @JamesSeed ?
  • razil said:
    So the Aussies are going ‘public’ at last @JamesSeed ?
    Well spotted! I’m sure there must be at least one ex-banker on the consortium. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Horsfield9 said:
    Typical ........................ Never a bloody taxi driver around to let you know what's going on , when you need one !!
    Where to mate?
    That Mick Everett gets about, doesn’t he !
  • _MrDick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Horsfield9 said:
    Where to mate?
    That Mick Everett gets about, doesn’t he !
    He certainly does whilst his brother is busilly working on his next edition of the VOTV  ;) .
  • Shake Me, Wake Me, When It's Over :(
  • I was thinking of reopening the Sale Prediction thread, only rather than selecting a day, you select a month.
    Or maybe a year. 

• Noel-"The banker has called Roland £35M so its down to you deal or no deal"
  • This sounds the most positive news we have had regarding a takeover as it has a price and an identity of sort.

I think the news is likely to galvanise fans for Saturday. COYR!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!