Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    Amanda Staveley??? 
    Good call
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Amanda Staveley??? 
    Good call
    We live in hope... Would be Arab money backed. They're still adament on buying a prem club though
  • Yep. You wouldn't got from trying to purchasing Newcastle with a lot of potential to a crap div 1 side... losing money. 
  • edited March 2019
    Also, we’ve lost our history updates so 

1556 Thomas Cranmer was burnt at the stake for treason & heresy. 
    I just want to know what happens when we reach page 2020
    Well page 2020 we will all be talking about how great Roland is and how glad we are he didnt sell and instead pumped money into the cloob to get us promoted 

Edit: I am so glad admin removed flags haha
  • edited March 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    Yep. You wouldn't got from trying to purchasing Newcastle with a lot of potential to a crap div 1 side... losing money. 
    Not saying it is her but Newcastle not for sale.

Maybe they have changed their plans and see us as a cheaper way to get a club.

I have no idea who it is and have no inside info but she is a possibility.
  • Heard the deal involves moving to the Peninsula and a sponsorship from Pot Noodles and w@nking in to socks.

• 1557, Spain becomes bankrupt.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Yep. You wouldn't got from trying to purchasing Newcastle with a lot of potential to a crap div 1 side... losing money. 

Cheaper than Newcastle for sure, even with significant investment. And it's South London - what's not to like? 
  • edited March 2019
    It'll end on a page ending in 66 I tell thee, Battle of Hastings, Great Fire of London, England World Cup Winners, The Rat frees us from his clutches and there's a 66 only 10 pages away  :o  
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:

It would also look amazing if they got us into the prem, probably moreso than getting Newcastle into Europe... And I'd hazard a guess at less expensive
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Amanda Staveley??? 
    Does she have previous links to top flight football  
  • Oh no. I am not knocking you Henry. How do we not know if ir was Murray putting the plant there?  or one of the bidders under a disguise? No-one knows. It is too co-incidental to come up Saturday. especially with what has come out with Roly's mouth and LDT this past week. For all we know this could be the British Bid? 
  • And a London club
  • Itshappening.gif
  • JamesSeed said:
    razil said:
    So the Aussies are going ‘public’ at last @JamesSeed ?
    Well spotted! I’m sure there must be at least one ex-banker on the consortium. 
    If it is them I might be persuaded to retract yesterday's comment regarding them not being credible bidders! :)
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Amanda Staveley??? 
    Edit: involved in the Man City takeover  
  • RedChaser said:
    I'll end on a page ending in 66 I tell thee, Battle of Hastings, Great Fire of London, England World Cup Winners, The Rat frees us from his clutches and there's a 66 only 10 pages away  :o  
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Amanda Staveley??? 
    Brokered the Man City takeover
  • edited March 2019
    Can we cut out the history lessons (and other blind alleys) and ’toe the line’ by sticking to the takeover please?
    This isn’t the plaice for that sort of nonsense. 

#NoPromote
    #NoPage2000

• Sponsored links:

• Well if the bid is legit and why wouldn’t it be. Due diligence has been completed so whoever the mystery person is they are not that new to the table. It would be good to know if the rumour of a £35 million bid had been rejected several weeks ago is true. That point seems crucial to any possible success of this bid. Of course the structure of either bid might have a say. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can we cut out the history lessons (and other blind alleys) and ’toe the line’ by sticking to the takeover please?

#NoPromote
    #NoPage2000

Where’s your sense of fun gone? It’s what we do.
  • edited March 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    Oh no. I am not knocking you Henry. How do we not know if ir was Murray putting the plant there?  or one of the bidders under a disguise? No-one knows. It is too co-incidental to come up Saturday. especially with what has come out with Roly's mouth and LDT this past week. For all we know this could be the British Bid? 
    Why go to all the bother?

Murray or Roland can just put a story on the OS or through the FF minutes.

The Standard might be a crap paper but it has been pretty supportive of the protests in recent months so it's hardly a good place for the regime to leak a story.

And how does it being public knowledge that an offer of £30m has been made help Roland?  Why would he depress the price like that?

It doesn't add up

Maybe the regime has pretended to be this banker, spoken to the journo and convinced them that they are real but Roland can't even fake some graffiti without making obvious gaffs like "Charlton rule OK" or putting the circumflex on "Duchaletet" so how could he manage that?

Thing is we play a game once a week, sometimes twice. Any new story will be close to a game, whenever it came out. 

And is Roland bother if we protest at a game?   He use it as another excuse for driving away buyers.  He WANTS more protests.
  • JamesSeed said:

#NoPromote
    #NoPage2000

That's what the bitesize thread was for - whatever happened to that?

You're right about the No Promote though.

• What's our Belgian journo mate up to nowadays?  Can someone make contact and convince him to write about this supposed £30 mill takeover in the Belgium press?  That would ramp up the pressure even more on Roly Poly.
  • JamesSeed said:

#NoPromote
    #NoPage2000

Can you cut out telling people what they can and can't post?

#effingbusybody
  • Refuse to believe it.

Rolands on the wind up again.
    2% of his time my arse. He’s been on a crusade from the moment he pitched up.

wont get fooled again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!