Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Bit bored this morning...
  • Options
    1596 - Diego de Montemayor founded the city of Monterrey in New Spain.
  • Options
    What this thread urgently needs is some 16th century house buying analogies  
  • Options
    1596, Rene Descartes born ( I think ).
  • Options
    I like Roland as I now realise that he is being completely misunderstood. The reason for his evaluation £65-£75m might seem too high for a sale of a 3rd tier football club but it is in fact a compliment that he knows we are the greatest football club in the world. And something that is so precious should never be underestimated when considering the emotional value along with the real estate. Roland has obviously realised this and doesn’t feel that the club should under sell itself on what this club offers to the world of football and to the local community. Maybe it’s us fans that have underestimated Charlton Athletic Football Club? 

Roland In 😉

• Options
    Wash your mouth out @Solidgone
  • Options
    1596, Rene Descartes born ( I think ).
    Yes correct 1596.

Therefore I'm.
  • Options
    We go up and the clown will probably want more money.

A sobering thought whilst celebrating at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Opened this thread first time in a month and see poetry, brexit puns and smileys, f*ck my wife.
    Is she fit?
    @bertpalmer is running a poll...
  • Options
    :-( 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    I work In sport and Met with someone today who is closely connected to GM. He was very surprised to hear the aussi  deal hadn’t been closed. When he’d last spoken to GM it was a ‘done deal’. it strikes me that it must have been RD who cocked things up. He said how GM was a bit of a miracle worker in AFL circles . Connected to a whole lot of success in that code. Said that they were really wanting to do something different with Charlton ... become very fan focused involve fans in decision making etc. I spoke of what our Charlton was all about and how aligned GMs  thinking seems to be with Charlton sentiment. I was left with a sense of how close we must have got to a great new era. Asked (ok begged) my contact to feed me with any ongoing intel from the aussi consortium and thereby cutting out @jimmyseed middleman ;)
    Interesting stuff, Kiwi! Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I work In sport and Met with someone today who is closely connected to GM. He was very surprised to hear the aussi  deal hadn’t been closed. When he’d last spoken to GM it was a ‘done deal’. it strikes me that it must have been RD who cocked things up. He said how GM was a bit of a miracle worker in AFL circles . Connected to a whole lot of success in that code. Said that they were really wanting to do something different with Charlton ... become very fan focused involve fans in decision making etc. I spoke of what our Charlton was all about and how aligned GMs  thinking seems to be with Charlton sentiment. I was left with a sense of how close we must have got to a great new era. Asked (ok begged) my contact to feed me with any ongoing intel from the aussi consortium and thereby cutting out @jimmyseed middleman ;)
    Jim Bowan would have said...“come an see what you would have won”.

Thanks for the update. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Roland spoke to the banker on the phone this morning.. 

he said NO DEAL

(Rolands box of goodies have rised in his expectations) 
  • Options
    Spot on, Soundas.

The club isn't 'for sale' by any stretch of objective reality.  At the moment there is no chance whatsoever of us being free of the deluded Shitweasel.

I just can't see how our current situation is ever likely to come to an end.

Been thinking (and saying) this for some time. Glad to see others are sharing my fears. It's the feeling of sheer frustration and helplessness that pisses me off.
  • Options
    For the 1st time in its long history, the takeover thread has dropped to page 3. Has anyone got any takeover news? Apart from ‘its not happening’?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yes, but no one want to hear from JamesSeed or Airman Brown so they stick to the WhatsApp groups

Should be a fans forum in April
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrkinski said:
    For the 1st time in its long history, the takeover thread has dropped to page 3. Has anyone got any takeover news? Apart from ‘its not happening’?

You have put it back where it belongs page 1, was that ok Henry?
  • Options
    Yes, but no one want to hear from JamesSeed or Airman Brown so they stick to the WhatsApp groups

Should be a fans forum in April
    That's a shame, I don't do WhatHapp
  • Options
    Finally, some good news.  Thanks to Rich Cawley, we have some important information about the negotiations which are on-going and should make progress over the next few days or weeks.  Seems Duchatatlet has left all the negotiating to Lieven de Turck, which must be a good thing.  There's some mention of how they need to be concluded by the end of June, but obviously the plan is to get them sorted much sooner than that.  

Exciting times! 

http://ow.ly/96DJ30ooI3J 

• Options
    I dreamt that roland had some kind of epiphany last night and became a normal owner ....
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I dreamt that roland had some kind of epiphany last night and became a normal owner ....
    January 6th it is then
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Finally, some good news.  Thanks to Rich Cawley, we have some important information about the negotiations which are on-going and should make progress over the next few days or weeks.  Seems Duchatatlet has left all the negotiating to Lieven de Turck, which must be a good thing.  There's some mention of how they need to be concluded by the end of June, but obviously the plan is to get them sorted much sooner than that.  

Exciting times! 

next 48-72 hrs crucial
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Exciting times! 

next 48-72 hrs crucial
    Done Deal. Orange Peel.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Exciting times! 

So we won't have a new owner for next season but we may have a new manager.

Not quite the outcome we were all hoping for.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Opened this thread first time in a month and see poetry, brexit puns and smileys, f*ck my wife.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!