Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1599, Oliver Cromwell born.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Don't get that either. Tiny ground, no room for expansion, and 2 better clubs (including one of the biggest in the world) within 5 miles.
    Plans for new ground and near fashionable west End
    Years away from happening though, and in West London building a new stadium is incredibly difficult

Qatar may be watching Wolves closely, a midlands club with a glorious past rising up again is a good template for Villa and Forest, especially the former.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Never been itk.  Never likely to be itk.  Don't shoot the messenger.  But...  talking in the pub yesterday before the game with some Luton that my son knows and one asked me about me being happy that the takeover was close.  When I laughed he said that one of his mates was going out with the daughter of a major part of the consortium.  When I said "the Aussies", he said "No they're British, and it's a lot closer than people think" - probably BS and just aimed at getting me to buy him a beer but thought I would share and push the thread to higher heights
    Shoot him!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CatAddick said:
    Never been itk.  Never likely to be itk.  Don't shoot the messenger.  But...  talking in the pub yesterday before the game with some Luton that my son knows and one asked me about me being happy that the takeover was close.  When I laughed he said that one of his mates was going out with the daughter of a major part of the consortium.  When I said "the Aussies", he said "No they're British, and it's a lot closer than people think" - probably BS and just aimed at getting me to buy him a beer but thought I would share and push the thread to higher heights
    Shoot him!
    Cheers mate, you’ll get the Stare of Disdain every time I go through Clapham
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CatAddick said:
    Shoot him!
    Thank god I live in Battersea!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CatAddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CatAddick said:
    Shoot him!
    Thank god I live in Battersea!
    Battersea, Balham, Clapham.  They’re all a bit too SW for me ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    1600 is quick approaching 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Time to start tidying my desk and looking busy then, maybe slotting in a poo before trying to nip out 5-minutes shy to catch an earlier train home...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If you mean average attendance if Roland continues his ownership, I agree.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    That’ll be the ‘E’ version then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    One for those of a certain age 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    One for those of a certain age 
    Or who watch The Grand Tour.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Loving those Rostyles

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Loving those Rostyles

I had a Corsair 2000e in that colour.
  • Options
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/772061/Huddersfield-takeover-EXCLUSIVE-Consortium-Dean-Hoyle-asking-price

This is the price being mooted (supposedly) for a well run club who have just spent 2 years in the prem.  This just highlights what a fool Roland really is 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    The Ford Pubic was made up of old Corsairs
    Fucking Hell!   as old as Rolands flip flops...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    cabbles said:
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/772061/Huddersfield-takeover-EXCLUSIVE-Consortium-Dean-Hoyle-asking-price

This is the price being mooted (supposedly) for a well run club who have just spent 2 years in the prem.  This just highlights what a fool Roland really is 
    Its why he probably doesnt care about the Football Club and is happy to sell that part for free

What he probably wants in an ideal situation is the death of Charlton so he can turn the land into property development

£70m for that sort of land in London? - Hence his asking price?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Its why he probably doesnt care about the Football Club and is happy to sell that part for free

What he probably wants in an ideal situation is the death of Charlton so he can turn the land into property development

There are a number of reasons why that can’t and won’t happen.
    I do hope so!!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

There are a number of reasons why that can’t and won’t happen.
    There were a number of reasons why the EFL couldn't buy the club, yet it didn't stop Roland from trying....
  • Options
    1599, Oliver Cromwell born.
    Did anyone else immediately picture Roland's head on a spike?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Roland will die before Charlton
    Who inherits the old scrots assets has to be a cause for concern if he croaks whilst he is still our owner. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Roland will die before Charlton
    Who inherits the old scrots assets has to be a cause for concern if he croaks whilst he is still our owner. 
    Rodney, the young plonker.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Why would he waste more than £70 million just to buy the land for property development,he could have bought the club and then closed it. at this point he would not get £70 million for the land as property prices in London are stagnating/falling.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!