Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Surely you mean Krill everyone?
  • Options
    17 March 1749 – George Frideric Handel's oratorio Salmon first performed.
  • Options
    1749, Henry Fielding's novel Tom Jones is published in London.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Acworth on top form this morning.

Long tweetings about how he is a family friend of Status quo and David Bowie no less. His relative wrote Starman and made all of their guitars.

.....oh..and his non league shortlist is out.
    So if you're reading this Roland/Lee get on it.

If you don't Guardiola will!
    Still has a way to go to top two_sheds though.................. who once claimed he taught Jimi Hendrix how to play the guitar.
  • Options
    Didn’t someone (Crawley ?) say that we ought to know more about Dalman in 48 hours ? That was on Thursday I think.
    think that was the Cardiff reporter. 
    Cardiff reporter and we did. The next day he released that ‘statement’ about concentrating on Cardiff. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Just wondering what is the very last day when new owners could buy the club allowing a decent amount of time to make new signings? I’m guessing 28th June? 

Fixtures released on 20th June. 
    Season starts on 3rd Aug (with a live game on the 2nd).
    So we’ve got six weeks to gear up for the new season, including recruitment etc.

Not sure when pre-season training and tour start but it must be in a couple of weeks time? And I feel you need to hit the ground running in the Championship. Remember our poor start last season? All very well in League One, but could be very damaging in the second tier. 

Had some inconclusive news from the Aussies this morning.  It doesn’t leave me feeling particularly positive if I’m honest, but hopefully there’ll be an update later.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Just wondering what is the very last day when new owners could buy the club allowing a decent amount of time to make new signings? I’m guessing 28th June? 

So we’ve got six weeks to gear up for the new season, including recruitment etc.

Not sure when pre-season training and tour start but it must be in a couple of weeks time? And I feel you need to hit the ground running in the Championship. Remember our poor start last season? All very well in League One, but could be very damaging in the second tier. 

Had some inconclusive news from the Aussies this morning.  It doesn’t leave me feeling particularly positive if I’m honest, but hopefully there’ll be an update later.
    In that case, could they be losing out Mehmet Dalman?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

That would depend on where MD is in negotiations. Or if he’s still interested. I’m not writing the Aussies off btw. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are ever owned by the Aussies, as my dad used to say, "my pricks a bloater" 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Six weeks until the next match. 

The manager is on holiday, fishing.  
    No replacements have been signed to fill in the gaps created since letting half the team go after the last match. 
    No kit sponsor announced. 
    No contract for the manager or his assistant; and no interviews taking place for their replacements. 

This isn't just a demonstration of bad management of an asset.  It's criminal negligence.  
    Its very poor but I think we will see a bit of activity this week. 
  • Options
    We’ve bought Bonne from Orient for £200k apparently. I assume a player sale is in the pipeline then. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    We’ve bought Bonne from Orient for £200k apparently. I assume a player sale is in the pipeline then. 

.will be the aribo money 
  • Options

Long tweetings about how he is a family friend of Status quo and David Bowie no less. His relative wrote Starman and made all of their guitars.

Still has a way to go to top two_sheds though.................. who once claimed he taught Jimi Hendrix how to play the guitar.
    Ahh two_sheds, totally bonkers!

Was he the one who always posted about gold prices?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    The thing that worries me most about this, is that I don't know who you mean by "we".  
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    The thing that worries me most about this, is that I don't know who you mean by "we".  
    You an’ me Chizz. You an’ me. 
  • Options
    Any chance of some facts instead of itk rubbish? Happyvalley knows the score!
  • Options

He did have biblical powers though - taken from us by the Tsunami, only to return stronger and with a greater love of gold!
  • Options
    jondon76 said:
    How long have you been reading this thread? 🤣🤣

No chance at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I’ve given up on the Aussies tbh. Pinning my hopes on Dalman now.
    I think we all are 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

That would depend on where MD is in negotiations. Or if he’s still interested. I’m not writing the Aussies off btw. 
    I am
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Six weeks until the next match. 

The manager is on holiday, fishing.  
    No replacements have been signed to fill in the gaps created since letting half the team go after the last match. 
    No kit sponsor announced. 
    No contract for the manager or his assistant; and no interviews taking place for their replacements. 

This isn't just a demonstration of bad management of an asset.  It's criminal negligence.  
    Id turn all that around and look at the positives.
    I might need a bit of help on that one.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I am
    Loads of people wrote them off ages ago, which is totally understandable. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I am
    Loads of people wrote them off ages ago, which is totally understandable. 
    I think it comes from not knowing the facts and thinking just get on with it. You properly know more teh reasons/issues so have more faith that they will be good for CAFC. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Surely this should be to replace Grant? Orient wouldn't have sold Bonne in January.
  • Options
    jondon76 said:

Today is Monday
  • Options
    When do you think the Bonne photo with Bowyer was taken? Friday? I assume LB is indeed still fishing and not back in town. 
  • Options
    the lack of stuff in the Sunday papers made me think this has gone too quiet. Something has to emerge this week, otherwise it's all going nowhere quickly. 

And if the Aussies are miserable, then so be it, they've pissed about for two years now
  • Options
    1750 pages.

The big 2000 on the horizon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!