Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
     Believe it was taken last Tuesday.
    Very surprised, thought it would’ve been today. As already said, why the wait for the announcements on new signings? We seem to be one of the only clubs doing this.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    Very surprised, thought it would’ve been today. As already said, why the wait for the announcements on new signings? We seem to be one of the only clubs doing this.
    Not that unusual at this time of year, tbh. Might be a courtesy to Orient too given what had just happened with Justin Edinburgh.
    Very good point, wouldn’t be surprised at all if that’s the case.
  • Options

Jimmy Stone Retweeted Giuseppe Muro

Incredibly, less than a month since play-off final win, Lee Bowyer is on the brink of walking away from Charlton. Roland Duchâtelet not willing to offer anywhere near what the #cafc manager is asking for and believes he can replace him with an internal candidate.

Not surprising

• Options

Bye Lee , thanks for those great memories.

Hello Jacko , hope you can do the same.

• Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    Not that unusual at this time of year, tbh. Might be a courtesy to Orient too given what had just happened with Justin Edinburgh.
    Also Orient announced his replacement, Connor Wickham, today so might be news management by them.
  • Options

Bye Lee , thanks for those great memories.

Hello Jacko , hope you can do the same.

I'm sure Jacko would go with LB, not bail the old twunt RD out of a pickle. Internal candidate probably means that Driesen fool.
  • Options
    Said it before and I'll say it again, Euell will be our next manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1751,  March 25th is the last time New Years Day is celebrated on this day as Britain prepares to adopt The Gregorian Calendar.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    Also Orient announced his replacement, Connor Wickham, today so might be news management by them.
    I would rather have him I thought and was shocked he dropped down so far, but upon looking it up you have made a rare mistake Henry, probably stress due to the lack of a promote. It is Conor Wilkinson.
  • Options
    Who is the internal candidate?

Sure as s*** it ain't Jackson.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    Connor Wickham?
  • Options

Would almost certainly be Euell i guess. There isn't anyone else.
  • Options
    Prepare to be Shitweaseled, everyone.....
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    X
  • Options
    I have to say what the Standard are saying goes against what Cawley has said in the SLP, and I know who I would believe. Anyway I cant see Rowland going carp Fishing this week to tie up Bowyers contract.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Step up Sue Parkes.
    I like this idea but would go further.

I can see Sue Parkes as the new Lee Bowyer
    with Chris Parkes as the new JJ.

With that partnership what could possibly go wrong?

and remember this kind of improbable elevation has been done before e.g.
    the promotion by Vincent Tan of work-experience painter and decorator to head of player performance and recruitment at Cardiff City some years ago.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Sage said:
    Not being funny but if it really is the case, I would much have preferred us to spend the £200k on Bowyer’s salary to ensure he is at the club than bring in Bonne, even with us needing to sign players, Bowyer is more important right now.
    Roland can't sell Bowyer on for a fee in the way that he hopes that he can with Bonne.

Roland thinks he can repeat what he did with Bowyer and just promote someone else internally on the cheap and on a caretaker basis.

Roland is irrational.
    Why was it reported that Chelsea have to pay about 4 million to buy out Frank Lampard's contract at Derby.

Duchatelet could have a buy out clause in Lee Bowyers new improved contract so when he goes to Leeds at the end of the season he gets a fee ? 

Duchatelet was very sharp when he got his lawyer/club Secretary to put in sell on clause for Batshuayi's second transfer from Marseille to Chelsea for 30 million. Even if it wasn't as high as 10 million as reported it was several million that Roland made.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Six weeks until the next match. 

The manager is on holiday, fishing.  
    No replacements have been signed to fill in the gaps created since letting half the team go after the last match. 
    No kit sponsor announced. 
    No contract for the manager or his assistant; and no interviews taking place for their replacements. 

This isn't just a demonstration of bad management of an asset.  It's criminal negligence.  
    Its very poor but I think we will see a bit of activity this week. 
    But will it be the activity we want is more the question?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Step up Sue Parkes.
    I like this idea but would go further.

I can see Sue Parkes as the new Lee Bowyer
    with Chris Parkes as the new JJ.

With that partnership what could possibly go wrong?

and remember this kind of improbable elevation has been done before e.g.
    the promotion by Vincent Tan of work-experience painter and decorator to head of player performance and recruitment at Cardiff City some years ago.

I thought you were going to say Les Reed .....
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    I would rather have him I thought and was shocked he dropped down so far, but upon looking it up you have made a rare mistake Henry, probably stress due to the lack of a promote. It is Conor Wilkinson.
    First day back at work after holiday plus old age = going dolaley
  • Options
    I doubt Euell would want the job.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Not being funny but if it really is the case, I would much have preferred us to spend the £200k on Bowyer’s salary to ensure he is at the club than bring in Bonne, even with us needing to sign players, Bowyer is more important right now.
    Roland can't sell Bowyer on for a fee in the way that he hopes that he can with Bonne.

Roland thinks he can repeat what he did with Bowyer and just promote someone else internally on the cheap and on a caretaker basis.

Roland is irrational.

From his past actions, it seems Roland thinks a manager at a football club is really no different to one of the managers at his electronics factory.   The footballers are the club's assets and they do all the work, the manager is a functionary.  Football managers get replaced all the time, as far as Roland is concerned, getting another one in is a simple business.  Somebody will always take the job. 

He's not irrational.  He is using his own brand of stone cold, impersonal logic.  Rational within the constraints of his own personality anyway.  I won't get into what I think his issue is.
  • Options

Does the Tea Lady prefer a flat 4-4-2 or a diamond midfield ?
  • Options
    Rolly Polly also knows that if Bowyer doesn't sign it will really piss most fans off and he will be over the moon with that.
  • Options
    1752, John Nash possibly our greatest ever architect is born. Also The British Empire adopts The Gregorian Calendar.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    How much did this knobcheese pay bloody Peeters, Luzon and Fraeye, what a prick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!