Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Who is the internal candidate?

Sure as s*** it ain't Jackson.

Does the Tea Lady prefer a flat 4-4-2 or a diamond midfield ?

Who is the internal candidate?

Sure as s*** it ain't Jackson.

She wanted to get Dunk from Brighton but the wait made that dissolve. At least she will take the CUP games seriously.
  • Options
    Not even a time to fucking joke guys. 
  • Options
    OS down at present
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hope someone saved the old turds statement
  • Options
    WILL SOMEONE PLEASE END OUR MISERY
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Funny that they'll never disclose information about selling players but are happy to make details such as this public, using the site to spin the situation to their advantage and against LB.  Hypocritical lying aresholes.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic have been unable to reach an agreement with manager Lee Bowyer regarding the extension of his contract.

The fact the club is for sale has not helped with finding an agreement. The current owner needs to take into account that a new owner may want to appoint his own manager. However, this concern did not stop the current owner proposing a contract extension of one year to Lee Bowyer, even though the club may be sold in a few weeks. Under those circumstances a multi-year extension would not be good business practice.

In addition, since the club is still losing money, which is one of the reasons why the club has not been sold yet, the focus on reducing costs means that we are extremely limited on payroll increases. 

Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September. It is six times what he earned when he started as assistant manager in 2017 and 50% more than what any Charlton manager previously had (excluding the Premier League years). This reflects the strong desire we have to continue to have Lee as our manager. But Lee wanted much more.

The owner understands Lee’s point of view, because many Championship clubs pay huge amounts (some pay millions of £ per year) to their manager. It is fair that Lee feels he should be paid like many other Championship managers. That the average Championship club makes a loss of around £15 million per year is not something players should care about. The owners are crazy. 

This is why we could not come to an agreement. Another element may have influenced as well. Unlike previous contract discussions, Lee wanted an agent to handle it. We reluctantly accepted. However, involving a player agent in a manager’s contract discussion is not healthy. If the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation. 

The club hasn’t started to look for any other manager in the meantime and does not intend to appoint a permanent manager, since the club is going to be sold. A caretaker manager will be announced in due course and in the meantime the other staff members will continue to prepare the upcoming season for which a lot of good work has been performed already.  

If Lee does change his mind before his contract expires and chooses to continue his good work at Charlton, he is still welcome to stay. 

However our ability to sell the club is the most important thing right now. 

• Options
    if a positive can be taken the yellow tooth rat does state a sale could be completed in the NEXT FEW WEEKS

That old chesnut
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I am absolutely gutted. 

Feels worst then when we was relegated from the Prem.

Fuck off Roland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horsfield9 said:

at least she’ll be more interested in the cups 
  • Options
    Fuck off. What an absolute joke.
  • Options
    Our promotion feels like a relegation!!!! how the fuck can that be?????????
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d07a7df422e2/charlton-unable-to-reach-an-agreement-with-lee-bowyer-on-contract-extension

Fuck that yellow tooth, manky horrible little twat!

Havent boycotted and living in Southampton I go with @southamptonaddick as often as we could but that's me done. 

Play offs seem a distant memory now. Should have been a platform to build on but the foundations are crumbling beneath us. 

Mentions they didnt want to deal with an agent, granted there reputations arent always the best but there job is to get the best deal for there client.

Seriously fucking dejected.

Living near Southampton, don’t you mean you “Havant” boycotted 
  • Options
    Fucking livid about this...my boy is sitting there in his Charlton kit and I just cant tell him,he is going to be absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    Anyone still think that this is nothing whatsoever to do with Duchatelet being a nasty, vindictive, egotistical, narcissist who simply wants nothing more than to get revenge on us for embarrassing him? 
  • Options
    "The club hasn’t started to look for any other manager in the meantime and does not intend to appoint a permanent manager, since the club is going to be sold".

When is it going to be sold for f**** sake". 

• Options
    So if you were the phantom buyer and you had agreed a price seeing that the club your buying will now have no manager ,all the top players sold or left and your possibly X amount of points adrift at the bottom of the league----woukdnt you withdraw your offer or reduce it ?????  

The Rat is killing this club 

Be careful what you call the Rats clique they still have tame plod who have the time to drag you to court

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d07a7df422e2/charlton-unable-to-reach-an-agreement-with-lee-bowyer-on-contract-extension

Fuck that yellow tooth, manky horrible little twat!

Havent boycotted and living in Southampton I go with @southamptonaddick as often as we could but that's me done. 

Play offs seem a distant memory now. Should have been a platform to build on but the foundations are crumbling beneath us. 

Mentions they didnt want to deal with an agent, granted there reputations arent always the best but there job is to get the best deal for there client.

Seriously fucking dejected.

Living near Southampton, don’t you mean you “Havant” boycotted   boycotted Havant. 

I would if I lived there ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

can't believe that's an OS statement, ridiculous!!! 

• Options
    MalMal
    edited June 2019
     Copied from Charlton Soul ....Urge Charlton fans to read it all. Roland gave up on the talks as he isn't planning on owning the club for much longer. Obviously couldn't see the point of negotiating a contract he wouldn't be paying. It's a mess but not necessarily time to dispair just yet #cafc ......... Wise words, read it all
  • Options
    This could be the straw that FINALLY breaks the camel's back.

An untenable situation for the old scroat.
    Nah I cant see this being the case, reckon the old bastard has a long way to go before he's in an untenable situation
    "The club hasn’t started to look for any other manager in the meantime and does not intend to appoint a permanent manager, since the club is going to be sold".
    i.e. Wouldnt be surprised if he puts someone in charge of affairs (an even worse version of Karel Fraeye for example) who is just a yes man

Bloke hasnt even bothered to appoint Senior figures in the boardroom since the club is going to be sold so why worry about a Manager?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I guess if Dalman has had words with Bow to sit tight. Go do some fishing and we’ll have you back in a week or so. Meanwhile Gallen continues to pick off the transfer list (Bonne etc)?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    so give Bowyer the contract and when the club is sold it aint Roland who us paying it ,is it !!!!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I guess if Dalmat has had words with Bow to sit tight. Go do some fishing and we’ll have you back in a week or so. Meanwhile Gallen continues to pick off the transfer list (Bonne etc)?
    Unless Dalman does not want Bowyer as manager and has someone else in mind, Warnock anyone?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I guess if Dalmat has had words with Bow to sit tight. Go do some fishing and we’ll have you back in a week or so. Meanwhile Gallen continues to pick off the transfer list (Bonne etc)?
    Unless Dalman does not want Bowyer as manager and has someone else in mind, Warnock anyone?
    Then he would be off to a very bad start with the fans. A near 70 year old manager or a club legend loved by all? Mmmm,let me think🤔🤔
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I guess if Dalman has had words with Bow to sit tight. Go do some fishing and we’ll have you back in a week or so. Meanwhile Gallen continues to pick off the transfer list (Bonne etc)?
    Whatever it is you’re taking, it should be legalised right now, the world would finally see peace. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!