Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

So in terms of what the outcome is regarding Lee Bowyer's future - it ISN'T determined yet. #cafc

• Options

Got an update on Lee Bowyer. He has spoken to Roland Duchatelet since the statement and they are due to talk again in the morning. #cafc

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    I guess if Dalman has had words with Bow to sit tight. Go do some fishing and we’ll have you back in a week or so. Meanwhile Gallen continues to pick off the transfer list (Bonne etc)?
    Whatever it is you’re taking, it should be legalised right now, the world would finally see peace. 
    I dunno. Hoping. 
  • Options
    1754, The Royal and Ancient golf club is formed.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    _MrDick said:
    Enough, please @happyvalley In case you havent noticed, we're a club in crisis and these happy go lucky ditties are now officially getting to me 
    Totally agree. It all started when @happyvalley started doing these. How very dare he.

CHILL WINSTON...IT'S ONLY A 'HAPPY GO LUCKY DITTIE'!!!
  • Options
    Do this on another thread, win win for all then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dalman close and wants to bring in Warnock is a chance I guess, gets RD to do the dirty work...

But i think it is unlikely.
  • Options
    I understand the Aussies were involved in trying to resolve the impasse on the contract talks last Friday. They felt there was still some wriggle room, so taken aback by the statement on the website!

Getting messed around by Roly on price and Chairman's loans apparently.
  • Options
    I understand the Aussies were involved in trying to resolve the impasse on the contract talks last Friday. They felt there was still some wriggle room, so taken aback by the statement on the website!

Getting messed around by Roly on price and Chairman's loans apparently.
    Not sure about that. They wouldn’t have seen the statement on the website. 
  • Options
    Fella on 5 Live has just said that Bowyer has left Charlton today and thus may be on the Derby's radar as Lampard appears to be leaving....
  • Options
    Personally. I want the Aussies to take over. We know what a deluded mad CNUT the owner is and they have stuck with it for longer than they should have. That is a positive. A few fans may have lost patience with them, but what are they supposed to do if Roland is not realistic in his price and dealings!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Aussie consortium and Dalman and who ever tried to do a deal with Duchatelet, you can stand down now, but thanks for trying even if you weren't quite dynamic or creative enough to get the old fool to budge on price. His fault not yours.

It's feels like a bereavement and that brings guilt but when the love of your life is ruined,
    How are we meant to feel. Took 3 weeks for Duchatelet to get his revenge from the orgasmic sensations of Wembley.

No way back unless Lee back down a tad.
    Why should he.

Love of my life is Charlton but do have platonic good feelings for Lee !
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really think we are nearing the end game now. Everyone needs to remain united and allow it to play out without breaking the bond that has been developed over the past few months. Rolly obviously desperately wants out and he is frightened that by offering a much improved contract to Bowyer, he may deter a potential takeover whilst also further increasing his own losses next season, if he is unable to sell. Ideally he'd like Bowyer to stay put for now and leave it to the new owners to deal with all the expiring contracts.
    But if Bowyer decides to walk out, old Rolly wants it known that it's Bows own fault for being a greedy bastard, not his.
    As per usual he has totally misjudged the mood of the fans and virtually everyone associated with the club, who remain right behind Bower 100%, even more so now than ever.
    If I was Bowyer at the meeting tomorrow, I'd firstly not allow him the pleasure of detecting my anger, then I'd squeeze the old bugger for the best short term deal I could get out of him. Renegotiate with the new owners when they are in place or walk out mid season if nothing has changed.
    I'd agree but haven't people been saying "we're nearing the end game" or similar the past few years?

It wouldn't surprise me if Roland sold next week or in two years time.
  • Options
    Mal said:

Got an update on Lee Bowyer. He has spoken to Roland Duchatelet since the statement and they are due to talk again in the morning. #cafc

Suspect Bowyer wants to tell him just what he thinks of him.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    I really think we are nearing the end game now. Everyone needs to remain united and allow it to play out without breaking the bond that has been developed over the past few months. Rolly obviously desperately wants out and he is frightened that by offering a much improved contract to Bowyer, he may deter a potential takeover whilst also further increasing his own losses next season, if he is unable to sell. Ideally he'd like Bowyer to stay put for now and leave it to the new owners to deal with all the expiring contracts.
    But if Bowyer decides to walk out, old Rolly wants it known that it's Bows own fault for being a greedy bastard, not his.
    As per usual he has totally misjudged the mood of the fans and virtually everyone associated with the club, who remain right behind Bower 100%, even more so now than ever.
    If I was Bowyer at the meeting tomorrow, I'd firstly not allow him the pleasure of detecting my anger, then I'd squeeze the old bugger for the best short term deal I could get out of him. Renegotiate with the new owners when they are in place or walk out mid season if nothing has changed.
    I'd agree but haven't people been saying "we're nearing the end game" or similar the past few years?

It wouldn't surprise me if Roland sold next week or in two years time.
    People say, 'We're nearing the end game now' because we're raised to believe in happy endings and because things are terrible now it means they are about to get better. But this is Roland. The man is a black hole. There is no reason to assume that it's nearly over or that things are about to get better. 
  • Options
    Much as I can’t stand this owner, in pure short commercial  terms his decision to screw the club by not signing up Lee and his management  team sort of make sense commercially if he truly believes the club is to be sold imminently. The wise one and self appointed messiah of European well below average football club ownership would be carrying the  risk of paying our successful management team of LB, JJ etc for the full contract term when he has no control that his sale “of the next few weeks” will go through . Any adviser as a collective would say to our well above average and learning quickly football management team , “you’ve done a good job ,over achieved but you’re not players anymore and  coaching is a longer career if you progress” . Roland knows the value of Bowyer  and Jackson to the club and therefore potential buyers, By issuing the statement today a sale is close but not definite, and certainly not going to be underwritten by Roland’s wallet .  

• Options

TOMORROW #CAFC owner Roland Duchâtelet speaks exclusively to @JimWhite on talkSPORT. He will discuss: What happened with Bowyer Could Bowyer end up staying? Latest on the takeover talks Plans for the new season Don’t miss it from 10am

• Options
    Don’t listen! Talkshite!
  • Options
    Mal said:

TOMORROW #CAFC owner Roland Duchâtelet speaks exclusively to @JimWhite on talkSPORT. He will discuss: What happened with Bowyer Could Bowyer end up staying? Latest on the takeover talks Plans for the new season Don’t miss it from 10am

LOL. Can’t wait. More lies.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!