Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 100% expecting this to be another dud rumour - but you can’t help feeling a little bit excited. Something has to give soon 
  • He has an iffy track record but will know the right people in this instance.  Hope he is right and would explain lack of incomings as the list could change i guess.
  • He's just added that things are likely to be done and dusted before the team go to Spain.

When do they go to Spain?
  • Scoham said:
    He's just added that things are likely to be done and dusted before the team go to Spain.

They did Portugal first week in July last year.
  • edited June 2019
    Things could have been done and dusted at any point in the last 2-3 years
  • edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    He's just added that things are likely to be done and dusted before the team go to Spain.

Dagnabbit, too slow hmph 
  • My guess it’s Dalman, think he’d be much more negative about it if not. Hopefully he’s better at ‘getting it over the line’ than the Aussies have proven to be.
  • I think next Monday  or Tuesday . They play a friendly on Thursday .
  • Sponsored links:

• Fingers crossed, tbf Reams does have a good connection to Cardiff as people know so he may well be right.
  • someone else also posted it's close before reams. anyone on here got a sniff? 

please happen this time. 

I dont doubt Reams info at all, I just hope nothing goes wrong 
  • Scoham said:
    Someone posted in the same thread "The Aussies have pulled out lack of funding".
    Have heard that can be a problem after a late session when the brass starts wanting more copper. Better to pull out and leave it than struggle off to see if there’s a few hundred down the back of the sofa I would imagine. 
  • 1791, The Observer the world's first Sunday newspaper is published.
  • edited June 2019
    Not claiming to be ITK and I’m not sure how reliable the source is but he’s mates with the son of Eddie May, and he’s just told me that the takeover of Charlton is set to be completed next week before the team leave for their pre season tour of Spain. BUT don’t hold me to it at all because I have no idea how reliable he is with regards to stuff like this
    True or not it just might be enough to push this thread into the 19th century.
  • Not claiming to be ITK and I’m not sure how reliable the source is but he’s mates with the son of Eddie May, and he’s just told me that the takeover of Charlton is set to be completed next week before the team leave for their pre season tour of Spain. BUT don’t hold me to it at all because I have no idea how reliable he is with regards to stuff like this
    He is the son of Eddie May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Right time for someone to start the transfer/takeover/team rumour success rate thread where we can log all charlton life, intothevalley, twitter and Facebook users rumors and then see if they actually happened or not.

We will then be able to collate a 'rumour percentage right' stat next to each individual user and then next time they reveal some 'itk' knowledge we will be able to get an idea if they are chatting absolute gas or not.

• edited June 2019
    _MrDick said:
    Not claiming to be ITK and I’m not sure how reliable the source is but he’s mates with the son of Eddie May, and he’s just told me that the takeover of Charlton is set to be completed next week before the team leave for their pre season tour of Spain. BUT don’t hold me to it at all because I have no idea how reliable he is with regards to stuff like this
    Mate ... Reams is the son of Eddie May 😂😂😂😂 you’re so full of shit, I can smell it in Bexley
    Sorry mate I hadn’t read any of the posts on this thread because I was getting fed up of the fish puns. When I said ‘he’, I was talking about someone I know, not reams. So he had clearly just told me whatever Reams had been saying
  • Not claiming to be ITK and I’m not sure how reliable the source is but he’s mates with the son of Eddie May, and he’s just told me that the takeover of Charlton is set to be completed next week before the team leave for their pre season tour of Spain. BUT don’t hold me to it at all because I have no idea how reliable he is with regards to stuff like this
    Is there a special rule that says, before a sale can go through, but after proof of funds are shown and after all necessary paperwork is lodged with the EFL, the details have to be given to close family members of Eddie May? 
  • lets hope so the other alternative is not a valid option 
  • Chizz said:
    Is there a special rule that says, before a sale can go through, but after proof of funds are shown and after all necessary paperwork is lodged with the EFL, the details have to be given to close family members of Eddie May? 
    Well we do keep hearing how difficult Roland is to negotiate with.

I was told every document involved must be sent in an envelope sealed with duct tape.
  • lets hope so the other alternative is not a valid option 
    The Aussies you mean?
  • Chizz said:
    I THINK that should read " close family members of Eddie May and Lifers with whom they share a mutual respect ".

Watch this space, guys !
  • edited June 2019
    I would generally take anything he says with a large pinch of salt but incredibly in this instance (by a sheer fluke I have to add), he does have good connections with the one club in the entire football community who are involved in this saga, therefore it goes that what he is saying is almost certainly what he is being told.
    However.....whoever is telling him these bits and pieces is someone we can’t verify as being reliable or on a wind-up.......as in, who continually keeps winding-up Jim White?
    Let’s also not forget Reams often tries upping his sites “ratings battle” (as he sees it), with CL as to who has the latest inside track on all things Charlton.
    Hope I haven’t overstepped the mark here with this opinion as admin are understandably very touchy about inflammatory remarks regarding “The site who’s name shall not be mentioned.”
    Having said that I, like everyone else, would love to think it’s accurate info........who knows.
  • As most of the takeover talk has spoken of the 1st July, thats a week today, now would Bowyer be made aware now that it was going to happen?, and if so, and the possibility of money to spend, would he continue persueing  his present transfer targets, or seek others.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!