Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I have a deep aversion to fish puns so only skim this thread occasionally. I may have missed something so please ignore this post if I am raising an issue that has already been dealt with. 

Fact: we have some director loans totalling £7 million. These loans have been raised against the ground and training ground.

Fact: these loans only become payable on promotion to the Premier League.

Fact: on promotion to the Premiership Charlton will immediately receive approximately £100 million and guaranteed £90 million for the following three years in parachute payments if we are relegated after one season.

Is it still being claimed that the £7 million in loans is holding up a sale?
    It is suggested that new owners who might want to raise finance on the assets might not be able to without clean title.
    Doesn’t make sense. 
  • I have a deep aversion to fish puns so only skim this thread occasionally. I may have missed something so please ignore this post if I am raising an issue that has already been dealt with. 

Fact: we have some director loans totalling £7 million. These loans have been raised against the ground and training ground.

Fact: on promotion to the Premiership Charlton will immediately receive approximately £100 million and guaranteed £90 million for the following three years in parachute payments if we are relegated after one season.

It is suggested that new owners who might want to raise finance on the assets might not be able to without clean title.
    Doesn’t make sense. 
    It does.

Doesn’t make sense. 
    Does to me. Debt isn't as secured without clean title.
  • Redskin said:
    Henry Irving said:Tuppence
    bobmunro said:
    So what is the amount Dalman is believed to have agreed?
    I’m supremely confident in saying it will be in the range of tuppence halfpenny and £77m.

I could be wrong though.
    Tuppance halfpenny. You've been away too long @bobmunro

Tuppance Hap'ny
    Tuppence ha'penny

Our new CEO after the takeover?
  • hawksmoor said:
    Redskin said:
    bobmunro said:
    I’m supremely confident in saying it will be in the range of tuppence halfpenny and £77m.

I could be wrong though.

Tuppance Hap'ny
    Tuppence ha'penny

Jill Ha'penny?

The answer is yes.
  • Chizz said:
    Who cares how much it’ll cost to buy us? We just need it done ASAP.
    Surprisingly, the buyers and the seller.
    I don’t believe there are any buyers or sellers on here.
    Maybe the people that come on here want to find out what is or might be happening; might want to share their understanding or prediction are to the outcome; or are genuinely curious as to what the effect of a significant investment in Charlton would be on the playing strength of the squad, future plans, catering, ticket pricing and ambitions of the club. 

Why do you post on here? 
    Exactly that.

I get bored with the usual 50 post bursts of how much it is going to cost especially when most are second guessing. I’m really not bothered if it’s £26m, £33m or £40m+. It really isn’t important.

Just my opinion of course.
  • edited June 2019
    I have a deep aversion to fish puns so only skim this thread occasionally. I may have missed something so please ignore this post if I am raising an issue that has already been dealt with. 

Doesn’t make sense. 
    In simple terms, as I understand it, it would be difficult to get a second loan against property that already has a charge (the ex-directors bonds) against it as the lender would be second in line to collect if it all went wrong.

@Grapevine49 can explain it better than me, I'm sure
    And more importantly the value isn’t there to support such a loan in the first place.
  • I don't get people dismissing the £7m.  Its a real issue for whoever is buying as I doubt they are buying the club just to sit in the Championship, so this will become payable in their eyes in their plan.  Just because you get mega money in the EPL,  £7m is still a significant sum.  Its probably one less player in the squad for a season.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Clear title could also mean that the new owners are mega rich and want to use the assets as a vehicle to circumnavigate FFP in the championship?  See Derby and Sheffield Wednesday.

Although if that ever happened the bed wetters would be out in full force. 
  • Have we sold yet?
  • 1804, William Wordsworth writes his famous poem, I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud.

Doesn’t make sense. 
    It does.
    It doesn’t. First thing to remember is this is not a normal debt. It may never be paid. It is also interest free so it may not be financially prudent to repay it. Also, we are living in the 21st century. A world of incredibly complex financial and insurance instruments. If I was buying the club and my plan involved borrowing against the assets and I wanted to borrow the full value of the assets I Find it difficult to believe I could not easily and with not too much additional cost go to the debt market and get that loan with a tailored financial instrument that guaranteeid immediate repayment of the director loans on promotion to the Premier league. 
  • Uboat said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    In my heart i get the feeling that tonight's FF meeting should be a really good indicator and the most informative one to date.

My head says hes just going to spout exactly the same pointless things hes said in all the others,  that's if he even bothers to turn up.

What does your gut tell you?
    To lay off the spicy food
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Clear title could also mean that the new owners are mega rich and want to use the assets as a vehicle to circumnavigate FFP in the championship?  See Derby and Sheffield Wednesday.

Although if that ever happened the bet wetters would be out in full force. 
    Which area is preferred for our new ground; Greenwich peninsula or somewhere in Kent or ground sharing with Millwall...that would be nice. 
  • Wonder if Roland regrets turning down @Redhenry's Arabs £43 million ?
  • Solidgone said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Which area is preferred for our new ground; Greenwich peninsula or somewhere in Kent or ground sharing with Millwall...that would be nice. 
    Who mentioned a new ground? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Solidgone said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who mentioned a new ground? 
    No one, but it’s a good hook for more posts on the thread of the century!
  • Rudders22 said:
    If Henry is going tonight we will have to wait for his missus to cook him dinner 1st before he writes up his minutes.

I'm not there tonight.

What you got for dinner though? I still want know 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    If Henry is going tonight we will have to wait for his missus to cook him dinner 1st before he writes up his minutes.

I'm not there tonight.

What you got for dinner though? I still want know 
    I will ask Lady Irving
  • Do I take it that Roland was conning the Aussies by saying he would clear the £7m, whilst actually paying only 25% of that figure?

If so, maybe the Aussies and of others are saying c£30m, minus the £7m which we will settle, and then Rolly has then changed the price because the con did not work? Just a thought.
  • What a frigging disappointment. I just came back to this thread after about 3 months away from it. Absolutely nothing has changed. We've had the most amazing season as fans and yet The Rat is still owning our beloved and no sign of his demise.

I refuse to cash in my euphoria chips just yet however and dream that a rich oil tycoon can save us from this tyrant.
  • Have we sold yet?
    Yes but the new owners have put the club up for sale.

According to LDT we have a new Belgium consortium who are very interested and minted but have yet to lodge paperwork at the EFL.
  • Is the fans forum still on tonight?
  • Is the fans forum still on tonight?
    YES
  • CH4RLTON said:
    In my heart i get the feeling that tonight's FF meeting should be a really good indicator and the most informative one to date.

My head says hes just going to spout exactly the same pointless things hes said in all the others,  that's if he even bothers to turn up.

you need a top cardiologist and quickly, that's some horrible heart disease you're saddled with, poor sod
  • Redskin said:
    bobmunro said:

I could be wrong though.

Tuppance Hap'ny
    Tuppence ha'penning
    OMG!  :o
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!