Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    If it’s an American, pray it’s not John Moores.
    Been suggested to me that it may be him - wasn't he after Forest a while back.

Why the dislike @NapaAddick?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Addickted said:

Also linked in the past with takeovers at Swansea and Everton.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

What is his wealth in English pounds?,£700m .Older then RD.
  • Options
    2004, Kelly Holmes wins gold in the 800 & 1500m at the Athens Olympics.
  • Options
    I’m hearing from a usually reliable source of mine that the Americans are prepared to meet the £50 million asking price for the club. Lock, stock and barrel.

It’s the first time in ages this person has contacted me with news on the club so I’m thinking there might be something in it despite how unrealistic it might sound given the ridiculous asking price!
    I've never thought of your good self as "being in the know", so have to say I'm surprised by this comment, other than the fact that this rumour has been reasonably common knowledge for a couple of weeks.

Is your "reliable source" just one of the hundreds of Charlton supporters who are aware & passing it on are does this individual have specific knowledge ? Thanks.
  • Options

Why?

Older then RD.
    He has been sniffing around for an English club for 4 years. Owns the San Diego Padres baseball team. Spent money on the club for 2 years, which convinced the city to build him a stadium and build up hotels and restaurants around that stadium. Once it was done he stopped spending and bled the team dry financially with zero ambition. Sees teams as cash cows.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Why?

Older then RD.
    He has been sniffing around for an English club for 4 years. Owns the San Diego Padres baseball team. Spent money on the club for 2 years, which convinced the city to build him a stadium and build up hotels and restaurants around that stadium. Once it was done he stopped spending and bled the team dry financially with zero ambition. Sees teams as cash cows.
    That model won’t work here though will it. No city or anyone else will build him a stadium or other goodies. The area surrounding The Valley wouldn’t be conducive to the type of development you mentioned. If it’s him and that’s his motives I think we can forget him. No cash cows in British football.
  • Options
    I reckon the new takeover rumour is a cunning plan by @happyvalley to get this thread up to page 2019 ASAP so he doesn’t have to keep posting interesting facts from history 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    barstool said:
    With the weak currency now is the time to buy using dollars...its the best a man can get 
    Not sure if this is a whoosh, but are you suggesting that the potential buyer is George Gillett, former joint owner of Liverpool? He's old (80) so it would be a surprise!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    barstool said:
    With the weak currency now is the time to buy using dollars...its the best a man can get 
    Not sure if this is a whoosh, but are you suggesting that the potential buyer is George Gillett, former joint owner of Liverpool? He's old (80) so it would be a surprise!
    Ha ha, I thought this but didn't comment. At 80 though i cant see it. Could be a close shave to be honest.
  • Options

Why?

Older then RD.
    Going only by Wiki, it seems he pulled out because of an expensive divorce settlement.

I'd be interested to know if you have further thoughts re his potential underlying motives re English football / soccer @NapaAddick
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    For now, we can all agree there is one, almighty, 
    undeniable truth, which is that, despite Roland, 
    Charlton are showing signs of improvement. 
    Knowing this, we should all relax a little. 

Often, when we discuss the complex issues of 
    finance, we neglect to consider that, in 
    fact, Roland has exceptional pedigree. 

Yet, at the same time, it would be fair for 
    one to argue that the owner is, frankly, 
    universally despised, due to his incompetence. 

Charlton Athletic fans should, therefore be 
    under no illusion that the fight goes on, is 
    necessary, and will, we hope, result in a 
    total victory, with the ownership passing on. 
    Doesn't rhyme at all or even vaguely scan.

No, but it contains an important message
    I've just recorded it and played it backwards at double speed, and still nothing.
    Stick to your initial reaction. 
  • Options
    I'm immensely excited to hear that there is reported interest from Americans in buying our club and that they have been referred to LVT or Duchatelet.
    I'm beside myself.
  • Options
    Thank God!   More bullshit.
  • Options
    Any news on the Aussies or Red Bull?
  • Options

Why?

Older then RD.
    It’s happening and we are moving to a new stadium on the Greenwich peninsula!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I take this latest news like all the rest now - ignore it. We do need it to happen soon though to avoid losing the likes of Cullen and Taylor in Jan- and of course LB in the summer. The shit will well and truly hit the fan for RD if this great thing we have going at the moment is allowed to crumble.   

True - but does he really care?
  • Options
    I also heard something that also originates stateside. But names not known
  • Options
    New American owner just been spotted introducing himself to the catering staff at Sparrows Lane
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    New American owner just been spotted introducing himself to the catering staff at Sparrows Lane
    That's who Scotty Parker started with doing a keepy uppy advert when he was a youngster aged 13.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    RedChaser said:
    IanJRO said:
    Sat behind these three at the Cottage on Saturday. Could be something in it

Did they have any Frankincense and Myrrh with them?
    In the absence of gold it's a big no from me 😂.
    Gold bought West Ham and Myrrh is back in Belgium.

I don't know this Frank though.
    He's the one with a bolt through his neck who got jump started by a bolt of lightning. 😉.
  • Options
    That’s an upgrade on the Belgian beef patty (special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onions in a sesame seed bun)
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I reckon the new takeover rumour is a cunning plan by @happyvalley to get this thread up to page 2019 ASAP so he doesn’t have to keep posting interesting facts from history 
    he'll have to start predicting thing like celebrity deaths political scandals 

"2026 Ian Blackford jailed after it was revealed he'd been pissing in the kettle at the houses of parliament canteen"
  • Options
    Still no bottles of water...MacDonald Out!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!