Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Did he accept it?!
  • Options
    The press conference was live on Sky, but unfortunately, not all in one go and I only saw parts of Southall talking, I know no more than already quoted elsewhere
  • Options
    May never hear the full value but a five year deal! Got to be one of the best in the champ.

I will say this. I reckon Nimer is seriously f*****g minted!
    He got the "going rate" for the Championship in the Summer. My money would be on an extension at the same rate.
  • Options
    May never hear the full value but a five year deal! Got to be one of the best in the champ.

He got the "going rate" for the Championship in the Summer. My money would be on an extension at the same rate.
    Says that it will enable him to grow with us. Therefore I assume it is a contract designed to increase salary year on year providing objectives are met.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Says that it will enable him to grow with us. Therefore I assume it is a contract designed to increase salary year on year providing objectives are met.
    Double bubble if promoted 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Double bubble if promoted 
    Certainly would be deserved
  • Options

Thought I read 15 Billion ?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Dizzle said:
    https://youtu.be/JmVt8WJNXys

Premieres at 4pm

beach balls and coffins: what the f**k happened at Charlton Athletic

by Copa90

Excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Onwards and upwards ! I love Lee Bowyer - proper loves this club like I do.
  • Options
    5 years - that's a statement of intent and vote of confidence ... owner are making the big calls early and clearly showing fans some emotional attachment ... it shows a level of stability they are looking for ... this is a 180* turn from the RD era.  Hope the can do the same for LB's team and players.  I see Oxford are pulling in loanees in numbers.  Need quality rather than quantity but both would be acceptable.  
  • Options
    I personally think that offices are the EFL, ESI and CAFC are in full Xmas mode and it’ll be announced 2nd January and will be much talked about in the build up to the Swansea game. 
    Just like to draw attention to this from a week or so before Christmas #ITK
  • Options
    I personally think that offices are the EFL, ESI and CAFC are in full Xmas mode and it’ll be announced 2nd January and will be much talked about in the build up to the Swansea game. 

No need to worry about the humble part of bragging there 😂
  • Options
    @Henry Irving petering out this thread. Tomorrow it will be wrapping up fish n chips 
  • Options
    Strength of a business is not just individual skills of key components, but how they complement one another as a whole.

Like the mix of
    - a young manager whose proved he has what it takes to create a squad that runs through walls for him,

- a Chairman who respects his management and knows the dark arts of negotiating between players, agents and clubs, and negotiating will be 90%!of his job.

- a head of recruitment who’s proved he can sniff out undeveloped potential and respected within the football community.

- an owner with both money and ambition

Matt may be inexperienced in the role of club chairman but that is no bad thing. He will not have a pre-conceived ideology and will be fine as long as he is accepts he is learning on the job and able to keep the owners interests and the clubs interests aligned - something he seems to understand.

Exactly right about Southall.  I’m very impressed with him already.  I really hope he gets time to grow into the role without too much analysis of each and every move he makes.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    The other thing about Southall is he seems a very well liked and respected man within large quarters of the footballing world. I like the way Peterborough’s chairman goes about his business, maybe he is too open and honest, but Southall can lean on him at times and that can also only be a good thing.

The future of our club really does seem bright now.
    Wait until 5pm tomorrow wink:
  • Options
    I said the same :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    The other thing about Southall is he seems a very well liked and respected man within large quarters of the footballing world. I like the way Peterborough’s chairman goes about his business, maybe he is too open and honest, but Southall can lean on him at times and that can also only be a good thing.

The future of our club really does seem bright now.
    Agreed, his network looks good ... and I have a lot of time for the Peterborough chairman, so great influence to have. 
  • Options

Former #cafc director loans have not been repaid and they have not be told by ESI what is happening, despite pre-December discussions. Still waiting for takeover to be posted on Companies House to understand structure of deal without training ground freehold.
  • Options
    He doesn’t like the new owners very much does he?
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Former #cafc director loans have not been repaid and they have not be told by ESI what is happening, despite pre-December discussions. Still waiting for takeover to be posted on Companies House to understand structure of deal without training ground freehold.
    Turn it in. They’ve barely owned the club 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Why would you pay this debt off unless you had to?
  • Options
    All for negativity when it’s warranted, but feel going straight for the new owners throats after barely 3 weeks in charge is not something we should be doing.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!