Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020

from interview with MS by CAST : 'While on the subject of the takeover, I ask Southall to clarify the structure of the deal. He confirms that ESI now own Charlton Athletic Football Club Limited and have a “legal obligation” within the next six months to complete the purchase of Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, where the freehold of both the training ground and The Valley sit as assets.'

so don't own The Valley or Training Ground...… yet.

• Options
    I'm fine with the fact the wording says they have a legal obligation to buy The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

Concern would only have been if had been said as an option to buy both.

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

But I'm genuinely intrigued to see why others are concerned? Maybe I've missed something.

• Options
    I'm fine with the fact the wording says they have a legal obligation to buy The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

But I'm genuinely intrigued to see why others are concerned? Maybe I've missed something.

Separating ownership of the club and ground hasn't gone too well previously at Charlton.  See 1985 to 1992.

But there is a legal obligation to purchase in six months which could be in the club's next tax year ie 2 July 2020.

It does beg the questions "why?" and "Why did MS say that we'd bought the Valley?"

NB asking questions is NOT the same as hating the new owners, wetting the bed or having a "meltdown".  It's a question
    I didn't mean you, and I totally accept questions should be asked, but I still think there are people who are not keen on ESI regardless
  • Options

I see no issue here.
    So they've exchanged but not completed :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

Separating ownership of the club and ground hasn't gone too well previously at Charlton.  See 1985 to 1992.

But there is a legal obligation to purchase in six months which could be in the club's next tax year ie 2 July 2020.

It does beg the questions "why?" and "Why did MS say that we'd bought the Valley?"

NB asking questions is NOT the same as hating the new owners, wetting the bed or having a "meltdown".  It's a question
    I didn't mean you, and I totally accept questions should be asked, but I still think there are people who are not keen on ESI regardless
    Which, if true, is their right.  No one has to be keen on ESI just as we didn't have to be keen on Duchatelet to be Charlton fans.
  • Options
    There does seem to be a bit of an undercurrent of dislike of this mob in some quarters, because they haven't done any of about 200 very important things, after just a few working days into ownership 
    They did job 1. Replace Roland.
    And Job 2. Replace Leko with equal or better.
    Job 3. Could be Maddison, Taylor or Bowyer's deals
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    https://www.castrust.org/2020/01/cast-meets-the-man-in-the-chair/

"While on the subject of the takeover, I ask Southall to clarify the structure of the deal. He confirms that ESI now own Charlton Athletic Football Club Limited and have a “legal obligation” within the next six months to complete the purchase of Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, where the freehold of both the training ground and The Valley sit as assets. “Our first conversation with Roland’s representative was in mid to late August – you can’t even buy a house in three months. There is no need at all for fans to get concerned.” He is being true to his stated aims of openness and honesty, though given this club’s history, even a temporary separation of the footballing side from the assets will make some supporters jittery."

According to this interview ESI haven't yet bought the training ground or the Valley.

That might explain why the directors loans, which are secured on the Valley, haven't been paid yet.

Whether people are worried about ESI not yet owning the Valley and Sparrows Lane is another matter but this interview does seem to contradict what was said earlier by ESI that they had bought the Valley but not yet SL.

The interview also proves that Matt reads this thread as he used a house buying analogy.

You cam't even get a manager to sign a new contract in 3 months when it was a priority so no chance of buying a football ground in that time.
  • Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

Which, if true, is their right.  No one has to be keen on ESI just as we didn't have to be keen on Duchatelet to be Charlton fans.
    Again, I just said it seems to be the case, I never said it weren't their right. Stop twisting things
  • Options

from interview with MS by CAST : 'While on the subject of the takeover, I ask Southall to clarify the structure of the deal. He confirms that ESI now own Charlton Athletic Football Club Limited and have a “legal obligation” within the next six months to complete the purchase of Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, where the freehold of both the training ground and The Valley sit as assets.'

ESI have confirmed they own The Valley as part of their takeover and have a commitment to buy the club’s training ground within the next six months.

That's from the SLP piece that was mainly about Taylor not signing the contract.  Both versions can't be true. 
  • Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

Again, I just said it seems to be the case, I never said it weren't their right. Stop twisting things
    Not twisting anything.   I never said you had said that. I made a statement that it was their right, which you agreed with.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

ESI have confirmed they own The Valley as part of their takeover and have a commitment to buy the club’s training ground within the next six months.

That's from the SLP piece that was mainly about Taylor not signing the contract.  Both versions can't be true. 
    I would believe the Trust interview more than an article in the SLP. The extract above in bold confirms they do not own The Valley or the Training Ground but have a legal obligation to do so within six months.

• Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

Not twisting anything.   I never said you had said that. I made a statement that it was their right, which you agreed with.
    What a waste of your time that was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I would believe the Trust interview more than an article in the SLP. The extract above in bold confirms they do not own The Valley or the Training Ground but have a legal obligation to do so within six months.

I know that, and agree the trust interview is more believable, but Cawley wouldn't say "ESI have confirmed" if ESI hadn't confirmed. 
  • Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

NB asking questions is NOT the same as hating the new owners, wetting the bed or having a "meltdown".  It's a question. 
    MS explained why already though didn't he? Because they wanted to be in control of the footballing side in time for January, rather than waiting until they own everything, as if they'd done that, we'd probably be in League One after another January with RD.
  • Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

NB asking questions is NOT the same as hating the new owners, wetting the bed or having a "meltdown".  It's a question. 
    MS explained why already though didn't he? Because they wanted to be in control of the footballing side in time for January, rather than waiting until they own everything, as if they'd done that, we'd probably be in League One after another January with RD.
    No, he said quite clearly they hadn't bought the training ground for those reasons.  That's the first record of him saying they don't own the Valley.  ESI confirmed via the SLP that they owned the Valley.  
  • Options

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

But he said it was the training ground that hadn't been bought. He didn't mention the Valley.
  • Options
    There does seem to be a bit of an undercurrent of dislike of this mob in some quarters, because they haven't done any of about 200 very important things, after just a few working days into ownership 
    Dislike or distrust so far ?  The priority when they came in so we were told was to get get LB signed up on a long term deal & discussions had been held as far back as October. We are now halfway through January, transfer targets are asking questions as to how long LB will be here. As an ex agent MS should be aware that players would be asking this question & still we're waiting for LB to sign.

We were told that ESI had bought the club & The Valley with a commitment to purchase SL within 6 months. It now turns out that we haven't bought The Valley after all. So he's lied about the Valley. What other lies will we be told ?

Mr Chairman, give me a ring when the things that you have promised have actually been completed. See you in league one.
  • Options
    '..two staged transaction where we've purchased the club and the stadium..'

That was Matt Southall's words in the 'Meet Matt Southall..' video put out by the club.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

No, he said quite clearly they hadn't bought the training ground for those reasons.  That's the first record of him saying they don't own the Valley.  ESI confirmed via the SLP that they owned the Valley.  

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

But he said it was the training ground that hadn't been bought. He didn't mention the Valley.
    True, but it's obviously for the same reason if both sit under Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!