Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Imagine we swap one set of Belgian owners for another. It’s like an episode of Black Mirror.

Generation after generation of Charlton fans forced to endure successive sterile, boring and flaccid Belgian ownership after Belgian ownership until the end of time.

Stuff of nightmares.
  • Didn’t see McLeish but Ridsdale and Alex Neil were definitely there
  • Swisdom said:

Didn’t see McLeish but Ridsdale and Alex Neil were definitely there

Peter Ridsdale?
  • edited January 2018
    Mrkinski said:

I expect Konsa and Holmes to go now - maybe Aribo. And no new arrivals. And KR to walk at that point. This is Duchalet getting his own back on us vinegar pissers.

This 100%

RD will do everything in his power to recover some of his losses prior to having to take a haircut and accept a bid lower than his ridiculous evaluation. As Konsa and Holmes are our prized assets I fully expect them to leave during the January transfer window with KR to follow (he will jump before he is pushed).

Depressing isn’t the word.
  • Is RD allowed to sell players if he's in due diligence?

I can’t see why not tbh
  • Valley11 said:

Imagine we swap one set of Belgian owners for another. It’s like an episode of Black Mirror.

Generation after generation of Charlton fans forced to endure successive sterile, boring and flaccid Belgian ownership after Belgian ownership until the end of time.

Stuff of nightmares.
    I think that may have been a Black Mirror episode.
  • Would selling our better players not lower the value of the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s the McLeish link btw? Didn’t he once manage in Belgium?

I can’t see why not tbh
    It would be interesting to know how players' market value affects the price of a football club
  • Will clubs buy injured players? Just a thought.

Yes but it would only reduce the price by the value of the players sold.
  • Mrkinski said:

I expect Konsa and Holmes to go now - maybe Aribo. And no new arrivals. And KR to walk at that point. This is Duchalet getting his own back on us vinegar pissers.

This 100%

RD will do everything in his power to recover some of his losses prior to having to take a haircut and accept a bid lower than his ridiculous evaluation. As Konsa and Holmes are our prized assets I fully expect them to leave during the January transfer window with KR to follow (he will jump before he is pushed).

Depressing isn’t the word.
    Why would he jump when he would be due a payout when he gets given the elbow (either by Roland or the new owners)?
  • Think he will sell the crown jewels IF he doesn't think a sale will occur at a price he likes before the end of the window.
  • cafcwill said:

Wandered over to dark side to see their reaction to tonight and saw this

". Just had a inbox message from someone who admits he never posts on forums but reads both here and CL regularly.

He claims to have information given to him this afternoon that Duchatelet will seize to be our owner on Thursday week the 18th January.

Make of that what you will. His post history on here is 0 but his claim to be a regular reader concurs with what information I can see.

So 10 days left apparently. I have my doubts but plot is thickening. Can to corroborate story
    at all @Airman Brown @Redhenry ?

The day before my birthday. What a birthday present that would be
  • Sponsored links:

• my take on Mcliesh being there is that he is part of the DD process.He will report on what is needed player wise (money to be spent) how far the squad needs to be improved to get us out of this division ---on behalf of a buyer

Good call mate
  • cabbles said:

cafcwill said:

Wandered over to dark side to see their reaction to tonight and saw this

". Just had a inbox message from someone who admits he never posts on forums but reads both here and CL regularly.

He claims to have information given to him this afternoon that Duchatelet will seize to be our owner on Thursday week the 18th January.

Make of that what you will. His post history on here is 0 but his claim to be a regular reader concurs with what information I can see.

So 10 days left apparently. I have my doubts but plot is thickening. Can to corroborate story
    at all @Airman Brown @Redhenry ?

The day before my birthday. What a birthday present that would be
    That's all the confirmation I need.
  • my take on Mcliesh being there is that he is part of the DD process.He will report on what is needed player wise (money to be spent) how far the squad needs to be improved to get us out of this division ---on behalf of a buyer

The new Dennis Wise.
  • edited January 2018
    I read on Wikipedia that McLeish was managing in Egypt last year so there is a possible link to The Middle Eastern money @Redhenry and @Airman Brown referred to a while back.

It gets even more interesting when you take a look at the Wikipedia page for Al Zamalek Sporting Club - the team he managed...

“Al Zamalek Sporting Club (Egyptian Arabic: نادى الزمالك للألعاب الرياضية‎), is an Egyptian sports club based in Meet Okba, Giza, Egypt. They are best known for their professional football team, which plays in the Egyptian Premier League, the top tier of the Egyptian football league system. The club was founded on 5 January 1911 as Qasr El-Neel Club and was first headed by Belgian lawyer George Marzbach.The name was changed to El-Mokhtalat Club in 1913 and in 1941 it was changed again to King Farouk Club, named after King Farouk.”
  • Aren’t Zamalek the club who’ve sacked about 20 or so managers in a ridiculous space of time ?

Yay
  • Sounds like Robinson cracking under the pressure, he’ll know Mcleish is breathing down his neck and he’s obviously fancied by one of the potential owners. Manager by start of Feb.
  • Scoham said:

Laddick01 said:

Aren’t Zamalek the club who’ve sacked about 20 or so managers in a ridiculous space of time ?

Yay

Did they all prove to be the correct decision because Zamalek improved their ranking?
    Walk like an Egyptian
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!