Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Skint to spivs to maniac to mcspivs...
  • Just scrolled through the news and football sections of the Daily Record looking for more on on this story. I had forgotten how strange and violent the people up there are!
  • Don’t the Jocks just dislike Muir cos he had to get the money back off them to Lloyd’s which effectively oversaw their drop?
  • Out of the frying pan and into the Muir...
  • Would be good if someone can post the full article when it's available. That headline doesn't give much info.
  • Needs a page 292 update. :-)
  • Wonder if they got @Airman Brown 's permission to use his photo?

Although we don't have much information to go on yet, all this just feels very, very bad to me. For once, I just hope that we get a break and @Redhenry 's consortium are the group to take us over – not this lot.

(Assuming this lot aren't the group that Redhenry know about, of course)
  • edited January 2018
    At least Scottish managers tend to be good.

This has got to be the British consortium Sky first suggested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Frank 'Tiger' Hill?
  • shirty5 said:

Scoham said:

Frank 'Tiger' Hill?
    Before my time... he was great, right?
  • So where's the group Roland trusts angle coming from?

We've been told there's three groups in the process, one is the Aussies who apparently got tired of waiting and cooled their interest.

Then there's the money men from the middle East who may or may not be related to Donald Muir and McLeish.

Then there's the group that Roland is said to trust that may or may not be British (so could be Muir/McLeish?).

How would Roland know and trust Muir/McLeish? Either of them have links to Belgium?
  • Just sounds like the dirty deal our previous owners did.
    Nothing behind them and then we almost went out of business.
    Got us promoted in a shite financial state.
    Hope we just get a clean but wealthy investor that can get us stable in the championship

We've been told there's three groups in the process, one is the Aussies who apparently got tired of waiting and cooled their interest.

Then there's the money men from the middle East who may or may not be related to Donald Muir and McLeish.

Then there's the group that Roland is said to trust that may or may not be British (so could be Muir/McLeish?).

How would Roland know and trust Muir/McLeish? Either of them have links to Belgium?

Apart from McLeish managing Genk there’s nothing else I can see that would provide a Belgian link.

McLeish once Managed in Belgium apparently
  • At this stage KR has got to shout his mouth off to defend his corner. New owners are coming in, so he's setting his stall out now, "I've not got the players, so that's why we're struggling"

Equally, if RD sacks him then he has to pay him off, and he leaves with it on the record he had no backing to get the players needed, thus making another job more likely.
  • All seems a little bit out in the open for a top secret deal. Decoy? Are they're representing someone?

I don't know but apparently tomorrow is the day.. or it might be Thursday 18th Jan.
  • Mark McGhee there with McLeish tonight as well by the looks of things...
  • edited January 2018
    Wasn't McLeish involved in one of the unique caribou cup draws? #ConspiracyTheory
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    From the FF Rangers forum re poss sale to a Donald Muir:

That's horrible news.

A proud club with a fantastic fanbase who are about to be absolutely rinsed if it's true Muir is involved.

McLeish being linked is a real head-scratcher. Has all the indications of a Gordon Smith-esque patsy appointment. Get a football man involved to make the poison easier to swallow for the supporters.

Poor Charlton. They've had a torturous decade and I fear the worst is yet to come for them.
  • Mrkinski said:

I expect Konsa and Holmes to go now - maybe Aribo. And no new arrivals. And KR to walk at that point. This is Duchalet getting his own back on us vinegar pissers.

This 100%

RD will do everything in his power to recover some of his losses prior to having to take a haircut and accept a bid lower than his ridiculous evaluation. As Konsa and Holmes are our prized assets I fully expect them to leave during the January transfer window with KR to follow (he will jump before he is pushed).
    KR won’t jump. No severance if he does.

If you’re selling your factory, you can’t sell off the plant mid negatiatoons.
    What new owner would agree to buy a club but let the seller unload all the best players. No way.
  • edited January 2018
    Back home after another demoralising defeat at The Valley, the closure of the A21& patchy fog/heavy rain en route.

Have been out all day so only just catching up on this thread.

It sounds as though any optimism we held a few days ago has flown out of the window and been replaced by doom, gloom & pessimism as far as a takeover is concerned.

I can confirm that Alex McLeish was in attendance tonight ( in the Millenium Lounge at half time) & I was told that he was in the company of Mark McGhee.....if that means anything.

But I have NO idea whatsoever to make of their presence tonight.

No CEO, no incoming in the January window and no light at the end of the tunnel ?

Will anyone volunteer to put a smile back on Fanny's face ?
  • Just to put a bit of clarity to it all.

The Daily record have just re-printed Airman Brown's photo & ran with a story. They know no more than anybody else. I think we should be pleased that a new owner has at least sent someone over to check things out.

Out of interest, can anyone précis what happened to Rangers & why the Jocks don't like Muir ? Seems like he was shoehorned in by the bank they owed money to & McLeish was the manager who sided with him.
  • craigcafc said:

Mark McGhee there with McLeish tonight as well by the looks of things...

More people in the Director's box than in the rest of the stadium!

• Just to put a bit of clarity to it all.

The Daily record have just re-printed Airman Brown's photo & ran with a story. They know no more than anybody else. I think we should be pleased that a new owner has at least sent someone over to check things out.

Out of interest, can anyone précis what happened to Rangers & why the Jocks don't like Muir ? Seems like he was shoehorned in by the bank they owed money to & McLeish was the manager who sided with him.

They blame him for helping to facilitate the sale to Craig Whyte who eventually ruined the club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!