Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Not 100% certain....but I don’t think that’s the directors box........I think that’s to the right of the photo.
    Can anyone confirm.....not that it really matters I suppose.
  • Is McLeish here to be an owner or replace Karl?

I'd like to think he'd have more class than to be there as a potential Karl replacement. I know we have the precedent with Fraeye, but hardly the same pedigree or character
  • Looking on the bright side, if we have Scottish owners, we’ll increase our repertoire of songs ...

Donald where’s yer trousers
    I would walk 500 miles

WIOTOS ...
  • CAFCsayer said:

Scoham said:
    Not comfortable at all with this... Stop talking about other teams players in the press. If you feel that strongly, walk. I don't believe for a second he was naive enough to not know what it was going to be like, this is just an excasserbated version
    what's the issue if said player has already gone elsewhere?, we all moan when they don't name names
  • You're all distracted from the main issue, what (apart from a brief sojourn as the wizard of oz in Wicked in the west end) has Mark Curry been doing since Blue Peter that has earned him enough money to buy a rubbishy third division football club?
  • _MrDick said:

Looking on the bright side, if we have Scottish owners, we’ll increase our repertoire of songs ...

Donald where’s yer trousers
    I would walk 500 miles

WIOTOS ...

To say nothing of all that North Sea Oil money flowing through the club.
    Would also expect much better beer being available on the concourses.
  • Sponsored links:

• So was the interest from Andrew Muir bollocks or are we in the situation where two people with that same surname are trying to take us over from different groups?
  • So was the interest from Andrew Muir bollocks or are we in the situation where two people with that same surname are trying to take us over from different groups?

Andrew Muir interest was real. Just coincidence that another Muir now interested IMHO.

Who does Donald Muir support? Has he got previous links to Charlton
  • Hoping Mcleish and Muir are the front for the seriously wealthy, makes sense of the other two bidders are the Aussies and someone Roland trusts
  • Rab C Nesbitt will be our new coach
  • Sponsored links:

• Many moons ago, CL played an April Fool by saying the club was being taken over by Rangers.
  • This could only happen to Charlton.

We wait 4 years to get rid of one pathetic owner and now we could potentially be taken over by someone even worse!

Hope McLeish is just advising and isn't going to be the manager. He was shit at Birmingham, worse at Villa and even worse at Forest. Has also been out of the english game for almost 5 years.
  • Article from March 2017 where McLeish talks about being ready to be a director of football.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-boss-alex-mcleish-10040921
  • Scoham said:
    We’re losing money hand over fist now. I’m certainly no businessman but not investing in an already failing business just sees the asset fail further and quicker. The result in football terms is relegation and even lower value of the asset.

Not sure I can see where the model being proposed above has any merits. We have done to death the sale of The Valley and Sparrows over the years and know that’s just not a viable strategy either.

Chill.

• edited January 2018

Have asked a friend who's workmates with a small group of McCleish's good friends.. see what they let off or have heard.

Before I could get a reply he sent me an article they'd pieced (all work at Record)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-mcleish-heading-up-charlton-11823856

Feel free to make this its own thread.
  • Back page of the record paper over in Scotland also.

Says the Australians are the others in, I asked whether that was guesswork and my man in the know there says he doesn't think so - reckons they knew.

Sorry if this has all been covered - not read the past 200 posts :- )
  • edited January 2018
    McLeish himself confirmed it, but too much to iron out for them to dig more details on it. Director of Football would MOST probably be Alex's position. Still seems like somewhat early stages for them from what I can understand.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!