Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Muir used to live in Orpington (indeed may still do so) so there may be more to this than immediately meets the eye.

Bromley Addicks have their next guest sorted out then.
    3blokes said:

I opened this thread expectantly this morning, as there were 159 new posts, I read a lot of them and got despondent, so I disappeared again. I’ve just come back and read the last 59 and I feel a bit better, I think.
    But i’m not sure. Can somebody just tell me how I’m supposed to be feeling, because this thread has become a bit like The Path To Enlightenment for me. I come here seeking answers, but each small journey along the way only raises further questions and uncertainties....
    HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BE FEELING? :blush:

Nervous, like the rest of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

I opened this thread expectantly this morning, as there were 159 new posts, I read a lot of them and got despondent, so I disappeared again. I’ve just come back and read the last 59 and I feel a bit better, I think.
    But i’m not sure. Can somebody just tell me how I’m supposed to be feeling, because this thread has become a bit like The Path To Enlightenment for me. I come here seeking answers, but each small journey along the way only raises further questions and uncertainties....

Your supposed to be feeling like you wish you supported west ham :smile:
  • Could Muir (the Scottish one) be working on behlaf of RD to broker a deal?

I was taking that thinking a few steps further. We know that McLeish & Muir were there on Saturday as a guest of RM, so maybe RD brought them in to see what the problems are now that KM has gone. He had lost his "ears & eyes" and wants to know the true nature of the problems before selling. Or maybe looking at what players could be sold before Jan 31st. Seems odd to me that they would be there again last night and frightens me that the team included more first teamers than U23's (and the team selection surprised most last night) so maybe KR was told to play some so that McLeish could see their worth. Especially when Muir is known to be a bit of an asset stripper / recovery man. Just a thought.
  • Fishing around on the net looking for wealthy South Africans, I found a guy called Patrice Motsepe with a personal wealth of $2.2 Billion. Owns a football club in SA and sounds like a decent bloke having given half his wealth away in 2013 to charities..., could this be our mystery man? Probably 2+2=5 but it was an interesting read.... another South African Arsenal fan wants to buy Arsenal outright in the next four years and is apparently worth $10 billion. Some very wealthy people out there.... we should be so lucky.
  • Mick, Mack, Paddy or wack, give Charlton a bone.
  • Muir versus Muir is whats is happening. One Muir the Australian has done DD and made his bid ,Roland has not excepted ,Muir No.2 now doing DD to work out his bid. While Muir No 1 sits back and waits believing his bid will not be topped.
    Its a game of Poker with our Club, who folds first.

although Roland may not have accepted it conversely do you know if he has rejected it or is it just sitting on the table?
  • seems to me that Muir was just a financial Red Adair
  • Sponsored links:

• I need to know a lot more about their interest before I join in with the mass panic as I certainly would not trust any Rangers fans opinion of Muir as if you think we are obsessed and biases towards our own club then the fans of Rangers(and Celtic) are something else, my years in Scotland opened my eyes to that.

The way I see it on the tiny amount of information we currently have is that Mcleish is an experienced football man which is what we have been lacking under RD and if Muir is as smart as non Rangers fans say he will also know that no amount of cost cutting can make Charlton a financial success in the lower leagues, the only route for us is promotions.
  • Back in 2006 for a short while I wrote articles for the Vital Football site. I had a tip-off from one of the writers of another club's site (can't recall which club) that McLeish was nailed on to be our next manager after Curbs. So I ran the story, but as we know that didn't happen. Perhaps he had had a chat or two with Richard Murray after all, and they kept in touch.
  • Interestingly Rangers Tom King grew up and made his fortune in SA.
  • Muir versus Muir is whats is happening. One Muir the Australian has done DD and made his bid ,Roland has not excepted ,Muir No.2 now doing DD to work out his bid. While Muir No 1 sits back and waits believing his bid will not be topped.

although Roland may not have accepted it conversely do you know if he has rejected it or is it just sitting on the table?
    I suspect rejected on basis someone needs to sort out £7mn Loans and Roland doesn't want to ,so stalling that bid in order to find a deal he likes better.Trouble is any future DD will throw up same problem ,unless he can find a buyer who is happy to leave those Loans with Charges in place.
    He has been trying to sell for a long time,his price is too high and he has no security against his Loans,and I am guessing that as of yet he has not been willing to take a loss.
    Muir No 2 has a history of restructuring and will understand that Ex Directors Loans are the most valuable and he has to deal with that and then find a way to restructure Rolands debt and pay him some now and maybe some in future based on performance of Club.
    It is a complex problem with 8 people to negotiate with, or 1 if buyer accepts that he has not got First Charge on assets.
  • 3blokes said:

WITH YOUR HANDS? :wink:. All depends if you are a glass half empty or glass half full person. Me, I'm not getting wound up one way or another WIOTOS is the time to take stock.
  • If Muir is advising consortium then he will be coming up with a realistic price based on an unemotional financial assessment. Does that mean it's the low price I saw mentioned above, in which case it may have the lowest chance of being accepted.

I suspect rejected on basis someone needs to sort out £7mn Loans and Roland doesn't want to ,so stalling that bid in order to find a deal he likes better.Trouble is any future DD will throw up same problem ,unless he can find a buyer who is happy to leave those Loans with Charges in place.
    He has been trying to sell for a long time,his price is too high and he has no security against his Loans,and I am guessing that as of yet he has not been willing to take a loss.
    Muir No 2 has a history of restructuring and will understand that Ex Directors Loans are the most valuable and he has to deal with that and then find a way to restructure Rolands debt and pay him some now and maybe some in future based on performance of Club.
    It is a complex problem with 8 people to negotiate with, or 1 if buyer accepts that he has not got First Charge on assets.
    but the buyer doesn't have to negotiate with the ex-directors if he pays them back what they are owed

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!