Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Closing fast on 1m views of this thread...

Will be a million at least before tomorrow and the club hasn't even been sold

Only because it should have been 40 odd different threads!
  • If we all add a post now, it'll look like a sudden increase and then others will rush to view it, and get the thread to the 1 Million views point in which I am told Roland promises to sell.
  • edited January 2018
    Here's my added pointless post to push Roland into leaving.

(Yes I'm willing to try childish shit to get rid of the old Codgery cnut).

I sm starting to worry about you @Airman Brown with the....s at the end of some of your posts you are getting rather Colinesque.

Sadly I think I’m responsible for 250K of those.
  • Sponsored links:

Sod the 1m views. Are we any closer to a takeover we will all be happy with @Airman Brown?
  • PriceWaterhouseCoopers - Seriously big firm.

What I still don't understand is that we were told that nothing is happening, nothing had happened and DD hadn't taken place yet Airman has all these dates and names.

I think VOTV must be making it all up as there is no way the other ITK person is wrong, he never is : - )
    Would this be the chap involved in a personal relationship with a bitter ex employee ?
    Oooh,oooh gosssiippp...
  • Meeehhh!
  • Unless the £35m he invested has made the club £35m more valuable then no it’s not worth even close to that. Don’t get how you’re still struggling with this.

He's a yank. Don't forget they voted for Trump & think that owning a machine gun keeps you safer than owning a handgun.
    You assume I voted for Trump.
    I’m assuming you didn’t, and I’m also assuming that you don’t own a machine gun. In fact I don’t know any Addicks who own a machine gun.

Frankly, who knows?

A Muir seems certain
  • Wow! 350 new pages, surely there must be some positive news? Then I read how David Muir asset stripped Rangers but hey ho I had a vision of how our new Jock owners would progress forward…
    Put a fan on the board, so they can run all ideas through him to get a proper feeling for the club and who better than Bexley Colin?
    Owners sell any player worth a bean to gather funds for the ‘Peninsula dream.’ Quote BC, “Best to keep our great club in the area, rather than be transported away to somewhere in darkest Kent.”
    After a relegation, owners offer a once in a lifetime offer for supporters to play for the 1st team so long as they cough up £1000. Quote BC, “Wonderful opportunity to play for the team we all love and adore.”
    Within four years Charlton find themselves near the bottom of the Conference, alongside dear old Leyton Orient, with gates of about 800. Owners announce that the Peninsula initiative has been scrapped as Charlton are too small for such a major financial project. Quote by BC, “It is the fans fault for not supporting the club through thick and thin.”
    Owners announce that Charlton will ground share with Blackheath Rugby Club. Quote by BC, “Club is no longer able to sustain such massive losses.”
    Owners announce that The Valley has been sold for £750 million, with £50 million going to Greenwich Council for altering legal statutes supposedly to secure The Valley as a sports arena. “It’s not the clubs fault! The council are absolutely treacherous. Vote Tory!”
    The last remaining Charlton director announces that Charlton are to play next seasons Sunday League fixtures on Blackheath Common. Quote by BC, “I have come to love the game of rugby…”
  • It is astonishing that football club owners expect to be made whole on their 'investment' - if I bought the equity of a listed company which delivered four consecutive years of losses and had no medium-term prospect of delivering any profits/cashflow, would I expect to be able to sell it back in the market at the same price I bought it at?

Four years of losses but still only 2 promotions from the Premiership. Charlton's potential earnings will always be significantly higher than a lot of established clubs in the top leagues in Europe.
    Ipswich Town (sensibly run and well supported club) have been only one promotion from the Premiership for the last fifteen seasons during which time they've lost a cumulative £80m or so.
    Surely losing 80m going nowhere suggests they're not that sensibly run?
    But that's precisely the point - they're a well-run club that gets decent crowds, doesn't plough through managers (only five in that period [McCarthy, Jewell, Keane, Magilton, Royle]), has a fruitful academy etc. and yet the price for simply standing still (14 consecutive seasons in the division finishing no lower than 16th) is £80m of losses!
  • Sponsored links:

• bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

Is this genuine or a wind up?
  • bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

Nah serious, apparently the deal is already being brokered or something.
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Definitely think it’s close - big question is who is financing it
  • bobcafc7 said:

Donald Duck?
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

My info, albeit highly unreliable, is that this deal will be done in the next 10 days unless the second party come up with someone special in the next few days.

Also told that the richest member of the McLeish 'consortium' is worth around 400mil. Believed to be around 4 of them.

As I said, this has come from a contact who has never ever giving me info on anything Charlton related but is involved in certain circles. I personally believe he has a load of snippets and has jumped to a conclusion though.
  • Despite having read every single post on this forum, I am no more wiser today than I was two weeks ago.
    Sadly my gut feeling is nothing is going to happen, and the proposed take over is not happening this month.
    If it does happen it won’t be until the end of the season.

• edited January 2018

Frankly, who knows?

Everyone…'s a fwoot and nutcase
  • Frank Muir was born in Ramsgate, just like... er .... Valley Express. So that proves it. Muir’s your man.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!