Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Donald where's your trooosers.

Could not resist.
  • edited January 2018
    Donald Muir is one of three or four going to be on the board... now bit of bad news, doesn’t look like it will be done in January.
  • I’ve lost it! Who is this Donald, please don’t say duck
  • Despite having read every single post on this forum, I am no more wiser today than I was two weeks ago.
    Sadly my gut feeling is nothing is going to happen, and the proposed take over is not happening this month.
    If it does happen it won’t be until the end of the season.

Rumours threads on here are scientifically proven to rot your brain.
  • I’ve lost it! Who is this Donald, please don’t say duck

This is the best summary, so read this.

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2017-18-blogs/10-1-scot-muir-in-takeover-talk-has-charlton-history/
  • As his playing career was winding down I remember being impressed that I would quite often see Alex McLeish watching games from the terraces at Boghead (Dumbarton). Now I realise that he just wanted to see how to play the beautiful game and total football. Be excited my friends, be excited :smiley:
  • Just sell our club.
  • Stig said:

Is Paul Elliott anything to do with it?I saw him on the concourse at Euston a little earlier. He was talking to a copper. I tried to earwig as I walked past, but only caught three words: "... Islington" ... "Oh, yeah". And that was so quick I'm not really sure who said Islington and who said Oh yeah. What can it mean?

It means it's a done deal.
    Get in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    bobcafc7 said:

Donald is one of three or four going to be on the board... now bit of bad news, doesn’t look like it will be done in January.

I honestly am willing to write the whole season off if we just get sold to someone willing to invest in the club the right way and put some TLC into it. I would consider that a good year. What is happening now is worrying me as much or more than our play on the field right now, because it could affect us for years.

• 999.3k. Nearly there, look out for the digital firework show when it happens.
  • Stig said:

Is Paul Elliott anything to do with it?I saw him on the concourse at Euston a little earlier. He was talking to a copper. I tried to earwig as I walked past, but only caught three words: "... Islington" ... "Oh, yeah". And that was so quick I'm not really sure who said Islington and who said Oh yeah. What can it mean?

Get your lug 'oles cleaned out @Stig

What was said was "is Lim in?". Mega rich South African of Chinese descent
  • Frank Muir was born in Ramsgate, just like... er .... Valley Express. So that proves it. Muir’s your man.

Just up the coast from Deal....spooky
    And he used to love a sandwich. That clinches it.
  • Davo55 said:

Frank Muir was born in Ramsgate, just like... er .... Valley Express. So that proves it. Muir’s your man.

Just up the coast from Deal....spooky
    And he used to love a sandwich. That clinches it.
    Things are hotting up then. Getting much Walmer.
  • edited January 2018
    man of kent or kentish man? Muir
  • edited January 2018

bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

Donald Duck?
    I've heard Mickey Mouse has a Roland watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobcafc7 said:

Donald is one of three or four going to be on the board... now bit of bad news, doesn’t look like it will be done in January.

I honestly am willing to write the whole season off if we just get sold to someone willing to invest in the club the right way and put some TLC into it. I would consider that a good year. What is happening now is worrying me as much or more than our play on the field right now, because it could affect us for years.

I done this after the Gillingham game. Although we are only 1 point off 6th, there are 3 or 4 other clubs who are vying for that coveted spot & unless we go on a 10 game unbeaten run and/or the 4th & 5th placed clubs collapse under the pressure then I'm afraid we'll going to miss out this season (again).

Best that we can hope for is that none of the players are sold & then in the summer we can buy 4 or 5 decent players that can make the difference. I'll hold off judgement re KR but I'm certain he'll be gone within a few weeks of the takeover.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Donald Muir is one of three or four going to be on the board... now bit of bad news, doesn’t look like it will be done in January.

Yeah, best getting Burns Nicht whisky hangovers out of the way first.
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

Is this genuine or a wind up?
    Nah serious, apparently the deal is already being brokered or something.
    My info, albeit highly unreliable, is that this deal will be done in the next 10 days unless the second party come up with someone special in the next few days.

Also told that the richest member of the McLeish 'consortium' is worth around 400mil. Believed to be around 4 of them.

As I said, this has come from a contact who has never ever giving me info on anything Charlton related but is involved in certain circles. I personally believe he has a load of snippets and has jumped to a conclusion though.
    That’s disappointing if I’m honest
  • J BLOCK said:

bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Is this genuine or a wind up?
    Nah serious, apparently the deal is already being brokered or something.
    My info, albeit highly unreliable, is that this deal will be done in the next 10 days unless the second party come up with someone special in the next few days.

Also told that the richest member of the McLeish 'consortium' is worth around 400mil. Believed to be around 4 of them.

As I said, this has come from a contact who has never ever giving me info on anything Charlton related but is involved in certain circles. I personally believe he has a load of snippets and has jumped to a conclusion though.
    That’s disappointing if I’m honest
    Although if there are four of them worth between 300 million and 400 million each then they are an aggregate billionaire.
  • They can have all the money they want... but if they worry about debt reduction more than team investment like Muir did at Rangers and don't want to spend some of that hundreds of millions.... then they might as well be paupers.
  • So is this the bunch with the mega bucks?
  • Unless the £35m he invested has made the club £35m more valuable then no it’s not worth even close to that. Don’t get how you’re still struggling with this.

He's a yank. Don't forget they voted for Trump & think that owning a machine gun keeps you safer than owning a handgun.
    You assume I voted for Trump.
    I’m assuming you didn’t, and I’m also assuming that you don’t own a machine gun.
    In fact I don’t know any Addicks who own a machine gun.
    I don't even know any Addicks who can shoot at goal.

• whats happened to Red Bull ????Whats happened to Redhenrys 5/5
  • edited January 2018

whats happened to Red Bull ????Whats happened to Redhenrys 5/5

Unfortunately @Redhenry 's 5-star split up in the late '80's, I think one had a drunk issue and maybe one was caught putting something where he shouldn't, I forget now...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!