Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So are we assuming McLeish et al are the only buyers left / most advanced / serious now?

Where are the others? Are they still close? @Redhenry @Airman Brown

Was thinking the same. Are these the group that @Redhenry was so excited about?
  • So are we assuming McLeish et al are the only buyers left / most advanced / serious now?

I don't think so. I think Red Henry meant a different group.

I don't think so. I think Red Henry meant a different group.
    From what I have picked up (from the thread) Red Henry's group have an offer and aren't willing to raise it, so there's stalemate there.
  • DOC64 said:

Alex McLeish, who apparently was uncertain as of the start of the week as to whether he wanted to be involved. The fact that he returned for the Oxford game would suggest that he has committed.

I'm surprised he came back after the Oldham game!
    I didn't!

• cfgs said:

Redrobo said:

I can’t see the maths in a move. The Valley is hardly a fantastic development site in a sought after area after all. Would there be cash over after you have sold the ground, bought another site and built another stadium?

It would need land to be given to us and would have to include other revenue streams to make it worthwhile, and if it did, I would be OK with it.

I could see a joint development with Millwall being an option that would come up!

One half of the ground would need to kitted out as blue padded cells and the other half seats with blankets.
    Will the club provide tartan blankets for Alex McGleish and Donald Where's-me troosers?

• Greenie said:

Sorry about last comment . comp went down before I finished .
    I think new owners who ever they maybe will sell the valley and move us to a new ground on the peninsula
    The only way we can ever get back to prem .
    I love Charlton and would hate to see us leave the valley . but it might be a case of one step back and two forward

If we could get a deal done like West Ham, that would give us a considerable advantage. But those deals rarely happen in the real world, unless you have people working for you in government.
    I have always been curious about the thinking of those that couldn’t bear to see the valley moved elsewhere. If your family moves to a new house is it not still your family? Do you memories of the Valley vanish? Genuine question and I am not critical just curious . To be fair (voice drops to a whisper) I have only been to the valley 4 times. For me the club is the people on here and in the valley not the bricks and mortar. I’d expect that they’d bring elements of the old stadium with them.
    Anyone who asks this, will never understand the answer.
    It was bad enough when the Valley became allseater a move to somewhere else would be unthinkable.....understand not everyone else feels like this, it's just my personal view.
  • Sponsored links:

• There were Aussies at The Valley on Tuesday and not to see the game. That’s all I have to report.

So with them interested, plus Red Henry’s lot, this must mean that Muir/Mcleish is Roland’s trusted mob
  • There were Aussies at The Valley on Tuesday and not to see the game. That’s all I have to report.

Checking out the new Primark / Lidl complex on Bugsbys Way?
  • Sponsored links:

• Interestingly, Robinson and McCleish have the same agent

Robinson also suggests there are up to four consortiums interested in the club

Where did you see this?
  • Scoham said:

Interestingly, Robinson and McCleish have the same agent

Robinson also suggests there are up to four consortiums interested in the club

Where did you see this?
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15822135.Charlton_manager_on_takeover_rumours_involving_former_Rangers_duo/
  • If The Aussies were at The Valley on Tuesday, as was Muir in the evening, is there a chance that Muir is a front man for The Aussies and McLeish is advising on the playing side of things?

If there are four interested parties this could become a long, drawn out affair with Roland playing them all off against each other and maybe eventually getting no deal at all. Unless of course one party offers a deal he cannot refuse.
  • If The Aussies were at The Valley on Tuesday, as was Muir in the evening, is there a chance that Muir is a front man for The Aussies and McLeish is advising on the playing side of things?

If there are four interested parties this could become a long, drawn out affair with Roland playing them all off against each other and maybe eventually getting no deal at all. Unless of course one party offers a deal he cannot refuse.

Obviously not in the know but that seems a very viable option, would make a lot of sense anyway.
  • Surely all these consortium's realise the need to act before January is over

Not so sure, they may, more or less, be writing this season off.
  • I would to know who is making decisions on player sales if the rumours are true about Ricky. Surely can't be Roland who famously only spends 1.5% of his time on CAFC. Who is now in charge of Daisy's spreadsheet.
  • I would to know who is making decisions on player sales if the rumours are true about Ricky. Surely can't be Roland who famously only spends 1.5% of his time on CAFC. Who is now in charge of Daisy's spreadsheet.

Richard Murray has always loved a January sale
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!