Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Any chance Muir is working for RD to reduce debt? This has probably already been ruled out?
  • There were Aussies at The Valley on Tuesday and not to see the game. That’s all I have to report.

On way to increase the attendance figure I guess, just fill the West Stand with potential buyers!

Indeed has there ever been such an inconsequential game at The Valley with so many visitors in the Directors Box?
  • Robinson plays that very cautiously, almost suggesting its a favoured option of his, I think he does know more than he is letting on

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15822135.Charlton_manager_on_takeover_rumours_involving_former_Rangers_duo/
  • I ask the same question as Lurker; RD may simply have enlisted the services of Muir etc. to get out of this mess.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Robinson plays that very cautiously, almost suggesting its a favoured option of his, I think he does know more than he is letting on

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15822135.Charlton_manager_on_takeover_rumours_involving_former_Rangers_duo/

Didn’t he in a previous interview mention about people buying the club being football people?

I would say from that interview him or bowyer have already spoken to AM about their bid and would know what’s happening with the set up and transfer targets etc with AM being a director of football
  • So are we assuming McLeish et al are the only buyers left / most advanced / serious now?

Where are the others? Are they still close? @Redhenry @Airman Brown

Was thinking the same. Are these the group that @Redhenry was so excited about?
    I don't think so. I think Red Henry meant a different group.
    We’ve established that group was https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Star but there were some issues.

We don’t yet know how far through DD Mark Curry and Yvette Fielding are....
  • Lurker said:

Any chance Muir is working for RD to reduce debt? This has probably already been ruled out?

I don't think so but that's not really based on anything.
  • Interestingly, Robinson and McCleish have the same agent

Robinson also suggests there are up to four consortiums interested in the club

I know there are at least two more interested away from aussies and McLeish but very early stages of interest
  • So are we assuming McLeish et al are the only buyers left / most advanced / serious now?

I doubt it, I have no rational explanation because they could have 10 billionaires all ready to invest but this "group" doesn't excite me at all
  • Sponsored links:

• I think its obvious that this season is a write off and any interested parties would know this. How long could RD playing four parties off each other take to conclude? That would make me think that we could be at least a month or two away from a finalised sale of the club, possibly longer.
  • edited January 2018
  • Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Absolutely, that’d be me like a shot....
  • Fumbluff said:

So are we assuming McLeish et al are the only buyers left / most advanced / serious now?

I don't think so. I think Red Henry meant a different group.
    We’ve established that group was https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Star but there were some issues.

We don’t yet know how far through DD Mark Curry and Yvette Fielding are....
    Certainly some Ghosts (and skeletons) in this closet!
  • lolwray said:

mrs white in the billiard room with the revolver

Professor fookin Plum already in charge here!
  • Sorry about last comment . comp went down before I finished .
    I think new owners who ever they maybe will sell the valley and move us to a new ground on the peninsula
    The only way we can ever get back to prem .
    I love Charlton and would hate to see us leave the valley . but it might be a case of one step back and two forward

Please do tell me why doing this would either:
    A make us any more likely to make the Prem
    B make any financial sense to a buyer?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.
  • Surely all these consortium's realise the need to act before January is over

What makes you think any new owner is going to splash the cash? We might end up with another owner like Roland.
  • Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Never understand what motivates these people TBH. When you've got enough, look after the people you love and go off & enjoy it.
    You've have to be mad to want to go through all this.....
  • I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

Interesting if true. Anyone else ITK heard something similar?

What makes you think any new owner is going to splash the cash? We might end up with another owner like Roland.
    Exactly what this consortium sounds to be. Getting a decent price for a club with potential.

Possibly have the ability to help fund a squad capable of getting out of League 1, but not looking to splash the cash for a Prem push. More hoping that a decent Champ squad unexpectedly reaches play offs or even goes up.

Probably an improvement, mainly because figures involved understand football way more than KM and RD, but they won’t be throwing money at the club.

Exactly what this consortium sounds to be. Getting a decent price for a club with potential.

Possibly have the ability to help fund a squad capable of getting out of League 1, but not looking to splash the cash for a Prem push. More hoping that a decent Champ squad unexpectedly reaches play offs or even goes up.

Probably an improvement, mainly because figures involved understand football way more than KM and RD, but they won’t be throwing money at the club.
    I can live with that tbh
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!